• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
iboIotbldUlbL4.gif

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm Expansion Official Thread (Wings of Liberty Required)

i2pOpOB2HkSHN.png

Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Release Date: March 12, 2013
Platforms: PC & Mac
Genre: Real Time Strategy
Modes: Single Player & Multiplayer

iHToQu9QpAd5h.png

Welcome to The Hive Mind
You are Sarah Kerrigan, former Queen of Blades. Once the most feared entity in the galaxy, you now wait in a cell in the depths of a high-security research laboratory. Before the murderous forces of the Terran Dominion close in, you must plot your escape to the dark reaches of space… and reclaim your living empire at the Heart of the Swarm.

• The First Expansion to StarCraft 2 (Wings of Libery is required for Heart of the Swarm)
  • Brand new Campaign with about 20 missions
  • New Zerg evolutions throughout the campaign
  • Crazy addictive multiplayer yo
  • More #ESPORTS

iusnQbAmekHqO.png

The Story So Far... (Thanks to ZealousD)

iHNlOWF5vEVXz.png

Protoss

Teran

Zerg

iomyIe2SDgjzd.png

ibxbn8fUwlTIeX.png

iKaxfOQZtbuRd.png

iXcBMdm1X7D4h.png

i1vA0YyrDQhNu.png

iQd7z5iZAWRbG.png

Heart of the Swarm Tournaments
Liquidpedia Tournaments Site

itYTP9TWG2JWP.png

Group: NeoGAF
Clan: NeoGAF[GAF]​

MUMBLE INFORMATION:​
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
NeoGAF Thread: Click Here

iKfMoGeLTsZxB.png

iNLu8zfqFg7FC.png

ibsjCoYTOcepMI.png

iWkXrQoTuWCVu.png
ixgY9iN3FRcni.png
ioSiObiu5ZT6e.png
i1Z9vKsIviBuU.png
io2KbILtd1roR.png
iLQueuveWTKSr.png
iv7m32YBeBJXW.png
ibsYr7nTqYe8Cf.png
icCL7mzAHtZyv.png
iI7LSfkAnagBS.png
iVUK5kx3MJ50e.png

ibgxTwPzRWy0BI.png
ibxYlEyqqPObJ4.png
ibrEoeT7qFKU2M.png
idF2Izq8I7Zp5.png
ibx7h55wve5Uaf.png
i6NyZyB8OaIUS.png
iGyMlQAMJJ6cE.png
i624bZoJFRBYX.png
ixBfkwvYOumzx.png
iJfM6QaoRQ68l.png
i63qTY4gH5rR8.png

iV0Nr309bUX2z.png

DXIbO.gif

Fin

antitrop

My body is so ready. Fantastic OT. I put thousands of hours into StarCraft II.

I have the CE pre-ordered for day 1 delivery, I liked the art book and Making Of DVD that came with WoL, hopefully there's some good stuff in this one. (WoL CE had SC: Brood War on a Jim Raynor Dog Tag USB drive, that shit was awesome).

I'll be playing through the campaign day 1, then hitting up the ladder. Eventually a Brutal play through, as well. Finishing WoL on Brutal was frustrating and not very fun, but a proud accomplishment.

I hit Master League in WoL, but I'm not expecting to put nearly that much time into HotS. I'll settle for high Diamond.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/549882/1/antitrop/

ghst

thanks for the laugh
and so the race begins between me hitting GM and void rays getting nerfed back to irrelevance.

Alright can't wait for Amazon to deliver it to me! Probably a good thing I won't get it till Tuesday afternoon since I have class those days lol.

Can hopefully make Plat or higher in this expansion since I struggle so much vs Toss late game.

ultron87

Yay! Excited for campaign and to get super stressed out by laddering again. Now to just decide whether to keep the faith maining Toss or switch it up.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
How is the competitive scene doing? I've seen random posts about it dying out compared to LoL and DOTA.

It still does decent, just doesnt really have that much hype anymore. People kinda hoping that new expansion will generate that again. LoL will always destroy SC2 in terms of ratings unless blizz gets smart and starts to think about doing a true Free to play model.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
It still does decent, just doesnt really have that much hype anymore. People kinda hoping that new expansion will generate that again. LoL will always destroy SC2 in terms of ratings unless blizz gets smart and starts to think about doing a true Free to play model.

or lower the skill ceiling enough that everyone's favourite lovable foreigners have a hope in hell of competing at the highest level.

i'm not sure having the competitive scene dominated by the worst matchup for the best part of a year helped, either.

Zzoram

or lower the skill ceiling enough that everyone's favourite lovable foreigners have a hope in hell of competing at the highest level.

i'm not sure having the competitive scene dominated by the worst matchup for the best part of a year helped, either.

HotS is clearly going to raise the skill ceiling actually. The pros all seem to think so.

Can't wait!

How is the competitive scene doing? I've seen random posts about it dying out compared to LoL and DOTA.

It's doing perfectly fine. Way more tournament content than the release of WoL ( 1-2 Big tournaments a week, with dozens of smaller online tournaments weekly.)

With HOTS coming out it's going to continue to get bigger and bigger.

Anyone saying otherwise is completely uninformed or just inciting a "this esport is better" war.

*hint hint* IPL died because IGN died, it's not rocket science.

Top Bottom