• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

(._.)

Banned
The bubble is bursting. I wonder what esports vets like Jason Lake thing, seeing this slowly happen again. Interest in SC2 is largely gone and while dota games are huge in terms of viewers, I'm not sure the fanbase is there to sustain big events monetarily; that community seems content with online tournaments.

IMO SC2 will pretty much be dead by the time LOTV comes out.

esports is more of a fad atm. sorta like prowrestling was in the 80s and then again in the late 90s. it will always be around but it's gonna peak soon then lose a ton of it's audience I think.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just wanted to say RIP WoL-threads... I'm gonna miss you :(

It's been an honor posting here guys.

See you on the other side!

For as much as i may have complained about things and as much as SC2 has been a let down in some ways it has been one hell of a ride. I've probably spent more time watching SC2 than i have spent playing any game since i've been a gamer (so my whole life essentially). I've watched pretty much every major and minor tournament, spent heaps of time watching players stream and even spent a decent amount playing the game myself.

Some of my fondest gaming memories have come from this game (fruitdealer winning was fucking amazing, then there was blizzcon etc).

In the end i love the game and the community, here's to hoping that HOTS can provide something similar. I know SC2 and esports is dying or whatever but i'll keep on enjoying the experience so long as it's there to enjoy.

See you on the other side fellas (possibly even in game!!!!!!!!!!!).

(._.)

Banned
My last post in a WOL thread, EVER. Even though I've always been a scrub at StarCraft I still love watching it and talking about it. See you guys on the other side O_______o

Son of a .... I never knew there was a SC 2: WOL OT thread. Oh well HOTS is a good time as any to start. GGWP to SC 2: WOL time to bring in the Swarm.

I'll probably play some WOL from time to time but the new improvements make that very unlikely.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm off to Dreamhack!

See ya'll there :D

edit: SHIT, wrong thread!!!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sorry for reviving this but never got to play this game yet.

Is it worth $20 for just the campaign?

Id say so. Fun single player if you enjoy basic RTS games. Plus then you got alot of custom maps to goof around. Can try multiplayer but most went on to the expansion. Feel free to ask in the heart of the swarm thread too since that is more active and everyone played the first too.

Top Bottom