• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

SamuraiX-

akLX49E.png

truth bombs all over dis bitch

calder

God help me I accidentally read the Twitch chat for a minute and now I'm blind and dead.

But there is always some funny Zerg OP table flipping.

That's not a truth bomb, none of those maps were as bad as daedalus. I don't see the point in defending it either. I mean at one point we had steppes of war, so who cares what shit map they throw into the map pool in WCS. I don't mind slight imbalances but that map is basically broken.

It kinda highlights the problems with protoss and balancing in general. It sucks that we can't have any sort of map variety without completely breaking one of the races.

Why? Major was holding on by the skin of his teeth!

When i switched over majors army got crushed by that infestor ultra combo which is usually pretty disgusting lol.

SamuraiX-

Samurai how did you get the tweet into the post like that? Did you literally upload an image of Nate's tweet?

Do you use Chrome? If you do then get on dis extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...metron/ehoopddfhgaehhmphfcooacjdpmbjlao?hl=en

It's amazing. You can right click on images and instantly rehost it as an Imgur link or you can right click on a webpage and it'll give you an option to either capture the page, your view or a particular area. I use the "capture area" option to crop tweets and rehost them on Imgur. It's really handy because it just opens a brand new tab with a direct link of the cropped image.

calder

Watching corruptors sit through 3 consecutive storms before they all look around and say "shit I'm at half health, better slide over a bit or 3-4 more storms could kill me. Oh wait nevermind all the Templars are dead" must just make toss cry.

SamuraiX-

Watching corruptors sit through 3 consecutive storms before they all look around and say "shit I'm at half health, better slide over a bit or 3-4 more storms could kill me. Oh wait nevermind all the Templars are dead" must just make toss cry.

bwahahaha

Well Corruptors have high health for a reason lol.

Thanks BTW Samurai, I have Opera, it probably has an extension like that so I'll search it up.

Innovation vs 3 Protoss. I dunno how to feel about this. If he falls there is gonna be a backlash from the Terran Community. Already emotions were running high from Flash not making it to Code S. With only 2 Terrans so far and Innovation not making it, Blizzard might have a "riot" on their hands.

Aaron

Zest is a complete pushover and Stork hasn't done well in proleague, so unless Innovation is really off his form he'll get through. Wouldn't be surprised if he's first out.

SamuraiX-

I'm going to absolutely lose my shit if I have to tolerate Zest's piece of shit face in Code S this season.

herO better take care of him.

What a load of horseshit. If the next toss that loses takes out Innovation, I'm gonna get myself banned on Blizz forums cursing out the Blizzard design team.

Zest was winning engagements he had no right to win thanks to timewarp.

The only thing wrong Innovation did was not get vikings in time.

Aaron

I think that game was a good example of why tvp is broken. Protoss has two powerful late game units, templars with storm and collossi, while Terran has jack shit. They're still using marauders, a mid game unit, because that's the only thing that works. The power of the terran hits a wall in mid game, so if they don't win by then they might as well gg. They're also forced to make vikings, which are only good against the collossi, while protoss units demolish everything since for the most part terran air isn't a threat.

Corruptors suck against everything unless in massive numbers, and even then Protoss has a hard counter against them.

SamuraiX-

I think that game was a good example of why tvp is broken. Protoss has two powerful late game units, templars with storm and collossi, while Terran has jack shit. They're still using marauders, a mid game unit, because that's the only thing that works. The power of the terran hits a wall in mid game, so if they don't win by then they might as well gg. They're also forced to make vikings, which are only good against the collossi, while protoss units demolish everything since for the most part terran air isn't a threat.

Not to mention how easy it is for Toss to switch between Colossi, Immortal and Templar tech.

What a fucking joke.

Corruptors suck against everything unless in massive numbers, and even then Protoss has a hard counter against them.

Protoss have hard counters to everything! >.<

Immortals laugh at armored units, Void Rays for the air, Archon and Colossus for light units, Tempests for massive, DT and Oracles for harassment and of course HT for good old storm and anti spellcaster.

Go herO! Fuck Stork for taking out Kassia.

Innovation building 4 vikings and zero ghosts loses at 25 min. mark in 3 base vs 3 base scenario and all I hear are complains about TvP balancing.

Sorry, but that is a load of crap.

Aaron

DerZuhälter;98038253 said:
Innovation building 4 vikings and zero ghosts loses at 25 min. mark in 3 base vs 3 base scenario and all I hear are complains about TvP balancing.

Building a ghost academy when you're barely surviving and had your worker line devastated by storms while trying to keep upgrade parity with protoss when they have fucking chrono boost is no joke. And all that just to hope to hit your short range, tiny area of effect emps while the insane range of the collossi turn your ghosts into actual ghosts. Even if you do manage that, they'll just make more templars, who unlike ghosts do actual damage, and storm the shit out of your army anyway.

DerZuhälter;98038253 said:

But look at the match man. Inno had 3/2 for most of the battle. Colossus wasn't in the battle and it didn't even have range so Innovation didn't need vikings.

Its a load of crap that Innovation tired to punish Zest only for Timewarp to save his smaller army in the engages and storms to cover his ass.

Zest got ahead when he did that storm drop but Innovation kept pulling it back. Then the 3rd went up for a while and eventually the base trade happened.

TvP is unbalanced not in engages or something like that. Its because we as Terran players can no longer actually kill probes or punish fast teching to HT/Robos to stay ahead in the game.

There are definetly games where you can complain about balancing, but match 2 was not one of them.

Innovation tried to drop once in the game, got spoted and saw the templars and from that point on didn't even try to look for an opening for damage in any kind of way. The engagement at the protoss third was already too late.
So having your entire worker line stormed is not a mistake anymore? It's undefendable? It's imbalanced?

The amount of salt because of the surely P favored matchup has people ignoring any kind of mistakes or bad play. Innovation did not play good. We have seen more than enough examples in ProLeague that a T vs P isn't without complete chance if they perform well enough.

Aaron

The buffs to the warp prism have made it so you need either two turrets or six stimmed marines to take it out, and if you don't get it in time you still get dropped. While protoss have cannons that attack both ground and air, photon overcharge, warp in, and blink to defend terran drops.

Every win terran got in proleague has either been from the protoss playing badly, or against Maru. Maru is basically superhuman. His reflexes and multitasking are without equal, and even he has to constantly harass a protoss and beat them in the mid game because he knows terran has nothing in the late game. Even if they keep pace until then, they can't win.

Innovation didn't play a perfect game. He made mistakes, but so did Zest. The only difference was Zest's mistakes didn't matter as long as he had storm and mothership core.

DerZuhälter;98039102 said:
There are definetly games where you can complain about balancing, but match 2 was not one of them.

Innovation tried to drop once in the game, got spoted and saw the templars and from that point on didn't even try to look for an opening for damage in any kind of way. The engagement at the protoss third was already too late.
So having your entire worker line stormed is not a mistake anymore? It's undefendable? It's imbalanced?

The amount of salt because of the surely P favored matchup has people ignoring any kind of mistakes or bad play. Innovation did not play good. We have seen more than enough examples in ProLeague that a T vs P isn't without complete chance if they perform well enough.

You mean where Maru and TY just kill the Protoss before the lategame along with an SCV pull from MvP?

I personally don't ignore the bad play. I even pointed it out excluding my rage post about getting blizzard to ban me.

What is performing well enough? Screw it man. This is the same crap Toss and Zergs had to go through in early WoL Terran and then late WoL with Zerg. Now we Terrans have to deal with mass Mutas thanks to WM nerf and Protoss allins due to Oracle speed increase along with the MSC defensive abilities.

Blizzard is being quite about the problems. David doesn't even give a solution to the Terran players because the pros certainly aren't showing us how to do it. Now we just have to deal with it apparently because a few top Korean Terrans play so good that they can overcome the Protoss using their talents that most Terrans cannot pull off.

Anyways Stork vs Zest while Innovation vs herO. What a terrible night of GSL ;_;

That's the second time today a terran player has tried that split army base race and both times it was handled poorly. Once you know it's going to be a base race you need to fly back to your main and bunker up like a mad man. In both cases today they just sat on the low ground with their army and got demolished.

Innovation lost 2 CC's by not bothering to lift them and never even walled off at his main (just look how effective that was at the other base). Innovation fell apart in that situation, i know it's a shit spot to be in but he could have done it so much better.

Edit: Well that sucked.

Welp another Terran falls and Zest of all people is in code S. I can't wait to see the race distribution for all 3 regions.

Poor Innovation in game 3. Thought it was DTs and lost because he built a turret and lots of marines.

survivor

Banned
God damn it Innovation, now the only Terran player I care about in code S is Maru. No wonder Bomber ran away from this region.

FoxSpirit

So how is Starcraft 2 doing on the general scale at the moment?? Got really boosted in the beginning but then the dissens started and then LoL came and... yeah. So how's the pro-scene doing?

Aaron

It does okay. Nowhere near as big as LOL, and doesn't have the large scene for Dota 2 that's in China and Eastern Europe, but there's enough interest to keep it limping along.

That double PO was one of the most disgusting things I've ever witnessed.

dat SCV pull doe

I was so happy Jim was stupid enough not to get Storm. That and letting his Colossus get sniped.

I'm worried about Frost though as it is a Toss favored map lately. Bomber did beat Parting on this map.

Syf

Banned
Alright see shit like that I'm fine with, because Bomber should know not to clump up a giant bio army with storm at Jim's disposal.

Alright see shit like that I'm fine with, because Bomber should know not to clump up a giant bio army with storm at Jim's disposal.

Yeah that was a mistake that Bomber shouldn't have made. Thankfully Jim got too excited and tried for a Base Trade. WM good vs HT Zealots which is good to know.

Go take the 3-0 Bomber!

Top Bottom