• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series 2014 – America, Europe & Korea Season 1

Fuck that should have been an easy win in game 2 he was so far ahead. I'm not sure if he thought he had an engi bay but it took him forever to react to those mutas.

That was so stupid by Dream. He saw a muta come out with his banshee but he lost due to no ebay.

Stupidly didn't repair the CC either. Then pushed out like a retard with almost no splash. >.>

Lets see if Game 3 is better for Dream or hydra goes to play Ryung or True.

LOL Dream just received a nightmare in the form of mass Mutas. You need a bunker with 2 turrets on each side.

That or flank the Mutas when they go through your base and try to hit another base.

The best way is to snipe the slower Overseer and bait Mutas using 2 Medivacs over 4 clumped WMs. Kills a ton of Mutas for cheap.

Aaron

Whelp. Game 3 was pretty frustrating, mass muta just too strong for him. I thought he was ahead after that mine drop but the mutas just did too much.
I hear David Kim is going to fix this by having broodlords do 3x damage to buildings. Don't ask me how this is supposed to work.

LOL Dream just received a nightmare in the form of mass Mutas. You need a bunker with 2 turrets on each side.

Even that really doesn't stop them for long. Plus when marines stim in only a few at the front tend to be able to attack. If there isn't mines there or a thor nearby the mutas are going to get damage done.

Aaron

This huge muta flock is straight up abusing the game. There's no other unit in the game you can do that with, occupying the same space for huge firepower, and they're just too mobile to have a decent solution for. Even if they get wounded, they regen in an eyeblink.

Overlord lost True the game lol. Ryung needs to work on his Muta defense. But if he plays well then he should have this series. Then Hydra and we are good.

Mass banelings is another problem but if Ryung scouted it then he should have had it. Lazy defense as well. Too much focus on offense.

Such micro. Very wow. *Kappa face*.

Mass banelings is another problem but if Ryung scouted it then he should have had it. Lazy defense as well. Too much focus on offense.

Mass banelings shouldn't be a problem. Terrans do have options for them it's just that the mass muta pigeon holes them into making an army almost solely designed around dealing with that.

Like terran can't really build tanks unless they go mech and they're fairly important against banelings.

Aaron

"Really well done" Really? It's braindead easy to escape with mutas. While missile turrets wouldn't do anything to a flock that large. They would kill them in a single hit.

I don't think either terran is getting out tonight. True proved you can play zerg lazy as possible and you'll still kill terran. Any damage they inflict on you doesn't matter as long as you get mutas.

WTF Ryung that was shitty as fuck. So passive and not scouting crap. Snipe the tech and not the drone and hatches.

So pissed at him. Really expect more out of him. Now we have another damn Zerg in the GSL. I don't see the point of watching the losers and winners matches now. Screw this shit.

90 Banelings and those shitty Widow Mines hit Lings instead of the clumps of Banelings which True A moved.

Ryung and Korean Terrans seem to brain dead about Tanks being good vs banelings. Fuck Mutas if they are harassing. Go for the trade and camp 16 marines with 3 Medivacs at home.

Have 5 tanks laying waste to the Zerg and use Marines to protect them from Mutas. Zerg = dead minus crappy engages.

Aaron

Those marines weren't doing shit to the mutas. They can't protect a fleet of tanks, and if they do, the mutas will just wreck your bases. They can one shot turrets, so only viable defense is widow mines, but that's a chunk of your army supply sitting at home on defense, while the mutas can very quickly switch from attacking your bases to defending theirs. Ryung didn't play well, but the terran has to play so much better than a zerg to win this match up that is pretty silly.

I think one of the Terrans will pass. If Ryung wakes up and suddenly plays better than he has been recently then maybe he can do it. Dream is probably more likely though imo.

Its always the same crap that is the most annoying part about this match up. To attack or defend the Muta harass. You pretty much need to make sure Mass Muta isn't possible.

I think I'll watch the TvT because it will probably be the only TvT we will see out of the GSL.

Edit: Well besides the Space battle in game 1 that was some of the shittiest games I've seen out of Ryung in a long time. This guy once allkilled Startale and was so good at TvT has become a broken shell of himself.

Going mech on Yeonsu vs Terran bio? Thats just asking to lose the game. Especially playing so greedy with trying to land the 3rd and with no defense. Losing CC building SCV 3 times over. Just terrible play overall, no wonder True passed into Code S.

I would argue Code S has become one of the worst tournaments in terms of talent of players. Besides like 12 top of the line players such as Maru, Soulkey and Dear, the other 20 got by on luck and other crappy play//balance/maps.

I don't want to downplay the amount of skill and dedication these guys have but most of the Code A games have not been worth watching. Maybe its the current meta with toss winning so much and me being a Terran but even the ZvP have been lackluster minus Seed's amazing FFs and micro who didn't even pass to Code S.

GG to Blizz, hope you don't wait too long with that balance patch even though its unlikely to fix much.

SamuraiX-

I never thought I'd see the day where Dream 2-0's the only Terran in his group but can't take a single Bo3 against a fraud Zerg like Hydra.

3 Terrans in Code S. Has his EVER happened before? I can't recall.

Whatever. Sends an even stronger message.

Do your worst, DK.

peakish

I never thought I'd see the day where Dream 2-0's the only Terran in his group but can't take a single Bo3 against a fraud Zerg like Hydra.

3 Terrans in Code S. Has his EVER happened before? I can't recall.

Whatever. Sends an even stronger message.

Do your worst, DK.
Lol, Hydra is in Code S? The GSL is like the perfect opposite of Proleague right now.

SamuraiX-

So with Code A wrapped up and 31 players in Code S this season (waiting on GOM to see how they'll replace jjakji), we have a final count:

15 Protoss, 13 Zerg and 3 Terran.

Just to put things into perspective, since the dawn of StarCraft II when Code S was first unveiled there has never been a season where a single race has been this underrepresented. Even in 2011 when Terran was dominating and in 2012 when Zerg went full imba, the fewest amount of players for any race was 5.

This shit is unprecedented. If Blizzard doesn't stop pussyfooting around this I forsee a lot of players being forced into early retirement or straight up race switching.

Aaron

One of those protoss is Classic, who switched out of terran when the switching was good. He didn't even play all that well, but still stumbled into Code S.

Syf

Banned
This shit is unprecedented. If Blizzard doesn't stop pussyfooting around this I forsee a lot of players being forced into early retirement or straight up race switching.
What's worse is the community has been ragging on about the imbalance for months. Pretty much since Blizzcon. We've been doing it so much that it's been getting irritating to talk about but it took them this long to even acknowledge the problem, and the result is this PvZ GSL. Kinda regretting buying that gold sub to gom exp right now.

SamuraiX-

Code A Wild Cards to determine last Code S spot

Due to jjakji switching to WCS Europe, his vacant Code S seed will be filled by a second-chance tournament between the third place finishers from each Code A group.

DP8mXlm.png

ErSi1Ro.jpg

It's a shame that guys like Flash, INnoVation and Seed finished 4th in their groups. :(

Welp, GOGO Cure & Dream!! :D

SamuraiX-

Yep, just saw the results.

vo2U6RV.png

4 sets of tiebreakers. lol

So fucking stupid. Cure and Dream are leagues better than ParalyzE. That clown is only good at all-ins.

I hope he's sending David Kim half of that $1,400 he's getting just for being in Code S.

Fucking disgusting.

Aaron

A series like that favors the protoss even further, since terran are more micro intensive and repeated matches are more likely to wear one out, while protoss doesn't have that much in the way of micro. He probably just used stalling tactics until the terran played sloppy.

SamuraiX-

A series like that favors the protoss even further, since terran are more micro intensive and repeated matches are more likely to wear one out, while protoss doesn't have that much in the way of micro. He probably just used stalling tactics until the terran played sloppy.

Yep. Cure only beat ParalyzE once while Dream beat him 3 out of 5 times... the problem was he kept falling to Cure every time he took down the scumbag Protoss. ;_;

SamuraiX-

Disappointed that I missed Illusion vs Astrea... two of my favorite NA players. Hell yeah for Illusion in Premier League! I think he can make a legit run to the Ro16 and depending on his group placement maybe even the quarterfinals.

Sen 3-2'd Check!?!?!? WAT

Had no idea he still had it in him. lol

Normally I hate Chinese SC2 players because most of them are just a bunch of scumbag cheesing Protoss but XiGua is legit. Hope he tells Tassadar to GTFO in Game 5.

Suppy is probably gonna crush MaSa (good friend of Illusion and fellow Terran <3) but that's okay since Suppy is hands down the best American Zerg and rightfully deserves a place in WCS NA Premier League.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Disappointed that I missed Illusion vs Astrea... two of my favorite NA players. Hell yeah for Illusion in Premier League! I think he can make a legit run to the Ro16 and depending on his group placement maybe even the quarterfinals.

Sen 3-2'd Check!?!?!? WAT

Had no idea he still had it in him. lol

Normally I hate Chinese SC2 players because most of them are just a bunch of scumbag cheesing Protoss but XiGua is legit. Hope he tells Tassadar to GTFO in Game 5.

Suppy is probably gonna crush MaSa (good friend of Illusion and fellow Terran <3) but that's okay since Suppy is hands down the best American Zerg and rightfully deserves a place in WCS NA Premier League.

never doubt the glorious sen and moonglade.

they sit in there own little worlds for 10+ months, then make one appearance and beat all other foreigners then go back home.

Top Bottom