• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft Remastered -first ever e-sports showcase- Boxer/Flash/Jaedong/Bisu/Nada/...

ISee

Buy for the campaign? Maybe
Buy for multiplayer? No way! Game is pure stress and even harder than SC2.

Zzoram

So much nostalgia... I love it!

The time of day for this isn't as bad for watching as it usually is for SK tournaments either.

I started watching Broodwar just before Flash won his first tournament. I stopped watching and following the scene about a year before SC2 LotV came out so I'm not sure how healthy SC2 is these days. I'm assuming that it's dying and Blizzard is trying to revive it with Starcraft Remastered. Is that correct? Is there a plan for a new league yet and will this replace SC2?

Get it Yellow, do it for the Zerg swarm.

Zzoram

Lots of real sloppy play but a bit better than the first matchup. Not sure how much practice these guys got before this event. Then again, these earlier matches are of early pros, who were sloppier overall.

Busu, Flash and Jaedong will be a pleasure to watch.

Duxxy3

So going by the crowd... interest in the remaster seems pretty high.

Personally I loved watching this. I never really got into watching SC2. I didn't like how the game was developed in general.

Zzoram

So going by the crowd... interest in the remaster seems pretty high.

Personally I loved watching this. I never really got into watching SC2. I didn't like how the game was developed in general.

Broodwar is just a better spectator sport. Not being able to see the research progress builds more excitement the first time units engage because you don't know if they finished the critical upgrade in time, or even which upgrade they are getting first. That plus the random scarab chasing running workers makes you hold your breath because it could kill anywhere from 0 to 10.

SC2 gives observers so much information that you can better predict the outcome of the game so there are fewer holding your breath moments of excitement. This is a great example of more is less.

Lots of real sloppy play but a bit better than the first matchup. Not sure how much practice these guys got before this event. Then again, these earlier matches are of early pros, who were sloppier overall.

Busu, Flash and Jaedong will be a pleasure to watch.

Quality was a lot better than the first matchup, you're really selling them short if you think it was only a bit better.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
We actually played SC1 just a few weeks ago at work (and it was the first time in a decade+ for me) and I discovered that this game is in fact utterly impossible to play, at least from a modern perspective. So yeah, they are making lots of mistakes, but they are still pretty good ;)

Remove your gamer cred right here bro. At high levels sure but base level to low intermediate it's fairly easy. Hot key your your command groups keep on top of your timings and spend a bit extra babying the AI and it's alright. Actions per minute mater a ton because you have to keep your eye on pretty much everything to be efficient but it's hardly some super archaic thing even coming back from SC".

Zzoram

Nada is like 200APM faster than the previous 4 players haha

Nada is chilling at 475 APM right now. Boxer was averaging like 280.

Durante

Remove your gamer cred right here bro. At high levels sure but base level to low intermediate it's fairly easy. Hot key your your command groups keep on top of your timings and spend a bit extra babying the AI and it's alright. Actions per minute mater a ton because you have to keep your eye on pretty much everything to be efficient but it's hardly some super archaic thing even coming back from SC".
I'm sorry, but it's not "spend a bit extra babying the AI", it's basically "control each unit individually every few steps or get completely fucked by abysmal pathfinding". I'll happy "remove my gamer cred" if that's what calling this what it is entails.

FoxSpirit

I'm sorry, but it's not "spend a bit extra babying the AI", it's basically "control each unit individually every few steps or get completely fucked by abysmal pathfinding". I'll happy "remove my gamer cred" if that's what calling this what it is entails.
I'd so love getting in back but yeah, original SC has pathfinding from hell.
But changing it would defeat the spirit of this remaster I guess :-/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Zzoram

The bad pathfinding isn't entirely random. It's somewhat predictable, and that allows for exciting and creative micromanagement opportunities. It also punishes people who don't practice on maps to learn what map features trigger path finding issues. You can also use those map features against your enemy by positioning your units so that the enemy is impaired by them.

Also, the same obstacles affect everyone so you aren't any more disadvantaged than your opponent.

DieH@rd

Banned
OK, the main event starts, top 3 players [who are all mega-trained because they are still active and slaying in tournaments].

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fucking intense

Top Bottom