• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BigFile MSL Grand Finals - Flash(T) vs Jaedong(Z) : Thread of BW, not SC II

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Does SC play faster than SC2?

It always seems like there is a bigger army earlier on or maybe that's just the high level play.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Fragamemnon said:
Clutch defiler play definitely saved JD there. Didn't think he was going to survive the 3 tank/vessel push.
No kidding.

Took care of Flash's over extended vessels as well, was scared for a bit when Flash dodged a lot of scourge earlier and erasered a lot of drones (Irratiate vessels and use splash)
evlcookie said:
Does SC play faster than SC2?

It always seems like there is a bigger army earlier on or maybe that's just the high level play.
SC2 is faster. It's just both players decide to go on 2/3 base and their macro is realllllllllllly good so they don't let their resources go to waste at all.

SET 4 MAP
TAKE A GOOD LOOK OR YOU WILL BE CONFUSED:lol
The eggs are like rocks in SCII, however some of them can only be killed if you have a detector (and kill the arbitor [mothership] that is cloaking them)

5MXvY.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
man, i didnt sleep and so i do not have the brain power to appreciate this stuff. ;_;

the spirit cheers for jaedong, but i have no idea whats happening.

Haunted

Man, those announcers sure are excited, even when nothing's going on. That coupled with the occasional audience reaction makes for lovely atmo though. :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh shit there's only 1 gas at each base in SC1? I forgot all about that.

Was wondering why people were talking about JD having 4 gas or something like that. I thought oh yea 2 bases, until i noticed that picture.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
evlcookie said:
Oh shit there's only 1 gas at each base in SC1? I forgot all about that.

Was wondering why people were talking about JD having 4 gas or something like that. I thought oh yea 2 bases, until i noticed that picture.
1 gas, but it return 8 instead of 4 per trip.

SET 4 IS GO!

DieH@rd

Banned
ZEEEEEERGUUUUU RAAAAAAAAAAAAASHH

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Looks like flash didn't want to draw out a game where he knew he was far behind.

Still :/

Drone block and early pressure was very nice, but.... he still had 2 rines out.

Flash got greedy even by Flash standards of greedy. He wasn't terribly behind there and could have held off the next wave of zerglings if he had just kept his barracks in place and build more marines.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Set 5 map.

Normal play involves denial of the corners because of their double gas (income rate). Hopefully a macro game, but after seeing JD's late game in match 3... dunno if Flash wants to fight that again.

xsy1S.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JD's muta micro was good, but defilers didn't come out fast enough and Flash mopped up the lurkers losing like 4 marines against 9 of them.

gg

Fun series this time-much better than the last two MSL finals, for sure.

Like the outcome of course. ;). OSL might be a bit different if these two meet up due to Zergliner.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
$17,000 for Jaedong
$42,000 for Flash

Jaedong is so sad. I feel bad for him.
Luckily OSL Finals are coming up so if he and flash advance we can see another matchup again.
ROHWQ.jpg

brdEI.jpg

2OV47.jpg

Poor Jaedong in that picture, he's got the same sadface from last year's PL finals. I don't like sad Jaedong. :( :(

Flash's last year has been so completely dominating. Really excited for both of the OSL Semifinals now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Videos will be uploaded on youtube in 12-48 hours.

Jon747 or nevake youtube channels.
Generally nevake has more pre and post game, while 747 is purely gameplay.

Recommend games 1 and 2, greatly recommend game 3.

*torrent download link is up on TeamLiquid.net under the 'Video' -> BW VOD section.

Chris R

Any way I can watch this now? I fell asleep because I was tired :( I haven't read the entire thread yet due to spoilers so IDK if there is a site that has it ready to play already or not.

STAARPORTUU?! LURRRKKKKERRR. CARRRREERRRARRRR. GEEE GEEE!!

Gotta love Korean commentators. They get so excited over such trivial things. Watched this matchup the other night. Rooted for Flash the entire time [as usual]. He obviously played well as the number one ranked player in the world though it did seem like he threw games 3 and 4 [especially that loss in game 3] to artificially extend the length of the games.

SC is pretty entertaining to watch though I miss the Tasteless/SuperDanielMan commentaries back when the GOM tournament was happening. I would love to see Flash backed into a corner and then go all-Battlecruiser in the late game with a cloud of Science Vessels lagging behind and then defense matrixing them all at the last minute. Flash plays too safe sometimes.

Boxer had the game down. That game when all he had was ghosts and wraiths against a Protoss carrier assault was epic. I wish SKT1 would actually let him play some of their games.

I heard [on Youtube of all places] that Starcraft 2 hasn't set Korea on fire as Blizzard had hoped and that the progaming scene is going to keep going with Starcraft: BW. Can anyone confirm this? It would be cool to see the Korean progamers master Starcraft 2 will all the advanced moves like blink. The games would be epic.

Top Bottom