• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Dremorak

Banned
Awesome. I guess the question is - Im really looking to just relax and play - is it possible to relax and play if I play blind or will it be impossible/frustrating?

I will say that with Minecraft - its kinda impossible to play if you dont know crafting recipes.

I've gone in mostly blind and its been a ton of fun.

Awesome. I guess the question is - Im really looking to just relax and play - is it possible to relax and play if I play blind or will it be impossible/frustrating?

I will say that with Minecraft - its kinda impossible to play if you dont know crafting recipes.

I would say you could definitely do that.

You'll probably get to the point where you want to look up different items to see what their purpose is but you can just kind of wander around and figure things out at your own pace too. The game isn't terribly punishing.

Razmos

The script in this game is not very diverse. Perhaps the game's biggest shortcoming IMO.
It always bugs me when Alex talks about girls when you talk to him. If he's an option for both male and female characters then why does he talk like a typical straight guy? Eurgh.

It's like.. I'm trying to romance you. Dick.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
It always bugs me when Alex talks about girls when you talk to him. If he's an option for both male and female characters then why does he talk like a typical straight guy? Eurgh.

he's trying to overcompensate. the pictures of muscular dudes in his locker is a sure giveaway.

Ventara

Dammit, ran out of hay and I don't want to buy from Marnie. What are the consequences of letting your animals starve a few days?

Also

"Oh, Ventara... This is embarrassing. I threw one of your Blueberrys you sold us into my compost bin. Now the whole thing smells horrendous. Where did you find that thing again?"

WTF, Caroline? My blueberries are all naturally grown. You trying to start shit with me?

Edit: I forgot I had saved a few pieces of hay as an emergency stash. I am so smart.

Brizzo24

Wow. I managed to get full hearts,
all 10 of them w/ "girlfriend" status
on two separate bachelorettes; Abby and Maru. As my relationships with them grew I kept ping-ponging between;
witnessing cutscenes where they divulge their feelings, and embrace me after an emotional moment,
etc.

Because there's no polygamy, I have to choose one. Too bad. I imagine I'm going to break a heart. Maybe there's time to go after Leah ;)

EDIT: I switched over to playing on my TV, after playing HH for hours and hours. I am using my Pro Controller, and the rumble is awesome. Especially when
galloping on the horse. I can feel each hoof as it hits the dirt
. Why doesn't the rumble work in Handheld I wonder?

Ventara

I had to redo that day because of it. Like 5k gold and 5 items from your bag will be taken if I'm correct.

Yup, I just restarted the day. I lost like 10k, 8 items, and I "forgot" something like ten levels of the mine. Gah!

Same, the first time it happened to me.

Falling unconscious above ground is great, though if you're low on gold. Get an additional 2 hours and be brought home. Enjoy those 4G you damn thief, lol.

Zzoram

I've only passed out above ground, someone takes money from you but nothing else. I've heard passing out in the mine, your inventory gets raided on top of money being stolen.

oatmeal

Banned
This game reminds me of a cookie clicker...where I just want to get it to the point where things are automated enough that I don't have to babysit everything and then I will inevitably tire of it. I'm waiting to tire of it. Because I'm not yet.

quabba

he's trying to overcompensate. the pictures of muscular dudes in his locker is a sure giveaway.

Yeah he does have different responses if you're male so keep trying.

Unai

I've only passed out above ground, someone takes money from you but nothing else. I've heard passing out in the mine, your inventory gets raided on top of money being stolen.

You also have to re-do a bunch of floors too. It's pretty punishing.

That's for dying in combat. Passing out because of energy or because you are awake until past 2 a.m. only makes you loose money.

Man winter is such a weird season after spring - fall. It also makes me feel silly for waiting so long on animals since they're a lot easier to care for then crops. What is the best way to get more wood, rocks, and grass for hay next spring? I unlocked the quarry and rocks I can easily get going after the large boulders in the mines. Wood I keep planting trees around town but it seems random if they'll grow.

Oh my Gooooood

I died in the mines again. Level 99.

Fucking livid.

Just built a fuckload or stairs to blast through them.

I died once and quickly restarted. Are you using powerful tools and armor? I didn’t realize you could buy weapons, rings, and boots until halfway through the first Winter. The mines became super easy after that. Skull Cavern, though? Can barely touch it.

Dremorak

Banned
I died once and quickly restarted. Are you using powerful tools and armor? I didn’t realize you could buy weapons, rings, and boots until halfway through the first Winter. The mines became super easy after that. Skull Cavern, though? Can barely touch it.

Okay, so I got a key after
getting to lvl 120
, is it possible to just naturally figure out where to use it? I'm assuming its for that skull cavern you mentioned, but wanted to try and figure it out myself (unless its really hard to figure out and then I'll just google it)

Okay, so I got a key after
getting to lvl 120
, is it possible to just naturally figure out where to use it? I'm assuming its for that skull cavern you mentioned, but wanted to try and figure it out myself (unless its really hard to figure out and then I'll just google it)

Yea it’s easy to figure out how to use. I just explored until I found where it went.

The Skull Caverns are located in the desert.

oatmeal

Banned
I have a good sword now. I have the light ring on but no armor yet.
Definitely need it.

Ventara

Alright, just got the greenhouse! Other than the vault, which is next on my list of stuff to buy, I just need rabbit's foot and that fiddle-whatever fern thing. The former will come in time. No idea where to get the fern. I'm guessing I'll find out once I get the bus running.

Oh, and Botanist skill is great! Iridium quality forages is pretty sweet. Just need combat skill at 10 now.

mandiller

Alright, just got the greenhouse! Other than the vault, which is next on my list of stuff to buy, I just need rabbit's foot and that fiddle-whatever fern thing. The former will come in time. No idea where to get the fern. I'm guessing I'll find out once I get the bus running.

Oh, and Botanist skill is great! Iridium quality forages is pretty sweet. Just need combat skill at 10 now.

You can access the fern now. It's in the
secret woods. The one with the hardwood stumps and slimes. It'll spawn on the ground.

I have two fully upgraded barns and two fully upgraded coops. Is it better to just sell your animals or ignore them and keep them? I think I overdid it and it's taking too much of my time tending to them and getting their items.

sleepnaught

I have two fully upgraded barns and two fully upgraded coops. Is it better to just sell your animals or ignore them and keep them? I think I overdid it and it's taking too much of my time tending to them and getting their items.
Sell everything that isn't a pig and buy pigs. Collect their truffles in the morning and make truffle oil and make an easy 1000g a pop.

Top Bottom