• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFOX 64 3D - July 14 in Japan (new site launch)

MisterHero said:
How can Nintendo be confused for a kiddy company when they have at least 3 seperate mercenary/bounty hunter characters and they are all badass

(Fox/Samus/Captain Falcon)

:p

Its funny that all their "futuristic" games have bounty hunters for main characters. Its like Nintendo thinks that in the future we will be all bounty hunters. :lol

MisterHero

Boney said:
a furry, an enslaved whiny female and captain falcon... great trio you got there
I'd avatar quote you but with the new rules and everything... you get the picture

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Its funny that all their "futuristic" games have bounty hunters for main characters. Its like Nintendo thinks that in the future we will be all bounty hunters. :lol
When man reaches into space, evil will go there to hide. And where there is evil, we'll pay someone to hunt them down

Anyone remember the cancelled Starfox 2 for SNES? I remember seeing a screenshot of it in a magazine... was it ever seen in motion by anyone?

Confession: I never played SF or SF64. This will be remedied in a few months!

Naked Snake said:
Anyone remember the cancelled Starfox 2 for SNES? I remember seeing a screenshot of it in a magazine... was it ever seen in motion by anyone?

Not only has it been seen in motion, but you can play what is, from my understanding, a pretty complete ROM of it

Gravijah

MisterHero said:
I'd avatar quote you but with the new rules and everything... you get the picture

When man reaches into space, evil will go there to hide. And where there is evil, we'll pay someone to hunt them down

250702aiol0.jpg

There.

robor

Boney said:
a furry, an enslaved whiny female and captain falcon... great trio you got there

Just remember, in a time not so long ago, we almost had no idea it was a she. What started as a joke (by the developers) ends with a laughing stock.

Emitan

Naked Snake said:

I've beaten it several times. I really hope they put it in this game as a bonus.

Gravijah

Naked Snake said:

SF2, sadly, is not as good as SF1 or SF64. But it has some of the best music in the series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
SpacePirate Ridley said:

Star Fox is more like a mercenary group than a bounty hunter. Sort of different thing. Same with Star Wolf.

MisterHero

you're right, but Starfox doesn't bring them in, they just destroy the crap out of them, and bankrupt the Cornerian Army as a reward

because WE'RE STARFOX

Varjet

MisterHero said:
you're right, but Starfox doesn't bring them in, they just destroy the crap out of them, and bankrupt the Cornerian Army as a reward

because WE'RE STARFOX
Shoot asteroids and then charge your home country for it as "destroyed Venominan units".
True heroes.

Lettuce

So will this have any new levels or features over the N64 version?? Massive fail if they havent added some more levels to create another route on the space map, as the n64 game was a tad on the easy side!

low-G

I'm holding on to a secret hope that they'll have the SNES version updated with stereoscopic 3D unlockable on the cart.

Gravijah

low-G said:
I'm holding on to a secret hope that they'll have the SNES version updated with stereoscopic 3D unlockable on the cart.

If they do that they'll be making us pay for it with CLASSICS IN 3D.

Emitan

low-G said:
It'll be like Brawl, just a demo.
Because Star Fox 2 will be unlockable instead

Effect

Do we know who's actually developing this yet?

Pilotwings Resort was Monster Games. Zelda is Grezzo. Kid Icarus is Project Sora. If Zelda isn't getting made by a internal development team then I don't see how Star Fox could be.

Cronee

I absolutely enjoyed the Star Fox games. (Even Adventures for the GameCube, though not as much) To see this one (and many other classics) remade for portable gaming makes me want to shower Nintendo with my money!

Stylo

Why is anyone complaining about one of the most replayable games of all time ON THE GO? It was okay when Chrono Trigger did it but Star Fox can't?

NEO0MJ

Stylo said:
Why is anyone complaining about one of the most replayable games of all time ON THE GO? It was okay when Chrono Trigger did it but Star Fox can't?

Doesn't matter to me, I love this game too much. None of the Star Fox games after it were near it's level of awesome, though SF Command was pretty decent and final battle was incredibly awesome. Felt like it belonged in SF 64.

Emitan

farnham said:
fox aint no bountyhunter

he is a soldier
"Star Fox, we are in your debt. We would be honored if you joined the Cornerian Military-"

"Oh no, sir. We prefer doing things our own way."

Billychu said:
"Star Fox, we are in your debt. We would be honored if you joined the Cornerian Military-"

I was thinking of the lines to post them as well, but I couldn't remember them verbatim.

You're such a nerd :p

Emitan

Dark Octave said:
I was thinking of the lines to post them as well, but I couldn't remember them verbatim.

You're such a nerd :p
I wasn't joking when I said this is my favorite game of all time. I've beaten it hundreds of times and still love it.

NEO0MJ

Billychu said:

His talking animation was so funny during that scene.

Pimpbaa

Gravijah said:
SF2, sadly, is not as good as SF1 or SF64. But it has some of the best music in the series.

SF1 and SF2 had amazing music. SF64's music was so generic and boring (actually I felt a lot of compositions on the N64 were inferior to Nintendo's SNES stuff). Nintendo must have lost a good composer during the transition from SNES to N64.

Emitan

Pimpbaa said:
SF1 and SF2 had amazing music. SF64's music was so generic and boring (actually I felt a lot of compositions on the N64 were inferior to Nintendo's SNES stuff). Nintendo must have lost a good composer during the transition from SNES to N64.
Koji Kondo will be missed. Wait...

Yeah, I think the only theme (Aside from the Star Wolf theme, of course) that I can even remember off hand is the Area 6 theme.

Speaking of which, Area 6 is going to be fucking awesome in 3D.

Kuran said:
Will the second screen show anything besides the stupid control scheme?

Only makes sense that it will be used to show your team mates and their amazing dialogue, along with health. They'd better do this!

Anyways, I was going to pass on this cause I played it to death on the 64 and have the VC version on Wii too so I don't really need to buy it again..... But damn the 3D twisted my arm! It's so good in Pilotwings I can't imagine what it will be like on this. Blasting the train in 3D will be godly

Kuran

Banned
Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Only makes sense that it will be used to show your team mates and their amazing dialogue, along with health. They'd better do this!

Exactly, although we're going to have to stare at the control scheme the whole time I fear..

Pimpbaa

Billychu said:
Koji Kondo will be missed. Wait...

Hajime Hirasawa did the music for Starfox 1 apparently. Anyway, Koji Kondo's early n64 stuff was disappointing, but his stuff from the last 2 generations seem to be great.

Aeana

Pimpbaa said:
Hajime Hirasawa did the music for Starfox 1 apparently. Anyway, Koji Kondo's early n64 stuff was disappointing, but his stuff from the last 2 generations seem to be great.
He's probably only written like 15 songs total in the last 2 generations, though, so you'd expect him to be able to churn out good stuff when he's so well-rested!

Top Bottom