• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a product key for a steam game, but i don't know what this game is.

Is there a way to find out, which game this code belongs to, without activating the code?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Amazon's had a great sale, but save the day from what? Summer will be three weeks old when the sale begins. Just a little perspective.

I don't really care when summer technically starts. By mid-July I don't have that much summer left before I have to go back to school. These deals as early as possible are great for me, and they are awesome deals on top of that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have some questions for all you Steam people. Some friends and I were planning on getting a Torchlight 2 four-pack, when I noticed that it's about $19 cheaper on the Russian store. Is there a way for one of us to buy from there (we're not russian), could it still be played in English, and if we can't get it, would a Russian person like to help us out?

Be aware of "russian stores". Sometimes they're keys from other regions (like, you know, Russia) which are cheaper for the local market. Sometimes, they're keys bought with stolen credit cards.

Some games require you to be using a IP of that location to register the game. That's technically against Steam rules.

Sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes the game is removed from your account. Sometimes, your account is banned. There's no refunds, most of the time.

Just be aware.

MRORANGE

I have a product key for a steam game, but i don't know what this game is.

Is there a way to find out, which game this code belongs to, without activating the code?

Most likely not.

Try looking at the layout of the key and see if you can compare it to this. I doubt this will help you.

LuffyZoro

Be aware of "russian stores". Sometimes they're keys from other regions (like, you know, Russia) which are cheaper for the local market. Sometimes, they're keys bought with stolen credit cards.

Some games require you to be using a IP of that location to register the game. That's technically against Steam rules.

Sometimes nothing happens. Sometimes the game is removed from your account. Sometimes, your account is banned. There's no refunds, most of the time.

Just be aware.

No, I meant the official Russian Steam Store.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I really wish you could find out what game the code belongs too, and if it's used or not.

If only they added the option to redeem codes to the inventory instead of the library.... *sigh*.

I thought this was an option? I could have sworn it was there when I activated Binary Domain.

chiablo

What's the best thing about it? Well, if you play before the 5th of August... You'll get an Y U NO guy mask:
This is not a fake. Someone thought that it was a good idea to add rage faces to a game.

This is nothing new... Rock of Ages has a trollface skin for the PC version:
1875679-trollface_1__super.jpg

MRORANGE

I really wish you could find out what game the code belongs too, and if it's used or not.

If only they added the option to redeem codes to the inventory instead of the library.... *sigh*.

wouldn't that imbalance the whole trade economy of Steam? somone could just buy hundreds of cheap Steamworks / Indie Bundles and beat the trading system that steam has in place, it would pretty much devalue most games.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No, I meant the official Russian Steam Store.

Ask a Russian friend (there's like, 2 users on GAF) to gift it to you. It's kinda hard because, if I recall correctly, there's no PayPal in Russia, so you can't really pay them back. Except trading games on Steam. Even if you used a VPN to go to the Russian Store, your credit card would most likely be denied.

It used to work, but then Valve got notice of it.

wouldn't that imbalance the whole trade economy of Steam? somone could just buy hundreds of cheap Steamworks / Indie Bundles and beat the trading system that steam has in place, it would pretty much devalue most games.

Maybe. I don't care. It would make it much easier for me to keep track of all the extra Humble Bundle/other bundles keys I have (repeated games, gifts, extra keys, etc...).

That already works: People already buy a shitload of 1 cent Humble Bundle keys (back when that gave you a Steam redeemable key) and traded it in forums.

MRORANGE

Maybe. I don't care. It would make it much easier for me to keep track of all the extra Humble Bundle/other bundles keys I have (repeated games, gifts, extra keys, etc...).

That already works: People already buy a shitload of 1 cent Humble Bundle keys (back when that gave you a Steam redeemable key) and traded it in forums.

true, I guess they could make them only available as gifts.

Card Boy

Banned
Blacklight is good but the biggest problem for me is charging $10 a loadout slot, you get a free one at level 5 but it sucks ass having 2 slots. I'm surprised its beating Tribes in the player count at 11.5k vs 7k.

ngt

I have some questions for all you Steam people. Some friends and I were planning on getting a Torchlight 2 four-pack, when I noticed that it's about $19 cheaper on the Russian store. Is there a way for one of us to buy from there (we're not russian), could it still be played in English, and if we can't get it, would a Russian person like to help us out?

Russian Torchlight 2 has got a different AppID than the ROW version and according to the developer it will be limited in some way (don't know how though, maybe only in Russian, maybe playable only in Russia, etc).
However 4pack seems to be giving three copieos or ROW version of Torchlight 2, at least according to this: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/14377 (unless I get it wrong somehow).

The only problem is to find someone in Russia who's interested in T2 and want's to buy it.

klez

On a different note, anyone is still looking for a torchlight 2 4 pack or interested in one (I know I'm lttp)? I can do the hosting if need so pm me if interested.

Quoting myself to see if there's interest, 2 more copies remain.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Trying to install MicroVolts but it says: "An error occurred while installing MicroVolts (No subscription)"

Syrionus

Neo Member
Anyone else having a problem with Offline not working. It tells me that my "account information is not stored on this computer." What the hell does that mean? I did a clean reinstall on my computer and it still says that. Tried calling customer service but everyone knows how that goes. It sucks because all I want to do is play Skyrim while I am at work and I don't have an internet connection that I could connect to. Anyone have any ideas?

Blacklight is good but the biggest problem for me is charging $10 a loadout slot, you get a free one at level 5 but it sucks ass having 2 slots. I'm surprised its beating Tribes in the player count at 11.5k vs 7k.

Blacklight is much accessible and looks much more familliar to mass markets fps players

MRORANGE

Srsly. For a F2P game that just launched, it is incredibly stable and polished.

I wish it was a retail game, the first game sucked but this actually does look good and has got some fantastic reviews.

justjim89

I'm downloading Payday: The Heist from the amazon sale, and it says it's Steam required. So does this basically mean after I download it, it'll function the same as though I bought it on Steam? (achievements, friends, etc.)

Card Boy

Banned
I'm downloading Payday: The Heist from the amazon sale, and it says it's Steam required. So does this basically mean after I download it, it'll function the same as though I bought it on Steam? (achievements, friends, etc.)

Yes. 100% the same as buying from Steam.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody know why Borderlands 2 is still not up for pre-orders on steam? Amazon got it a while ago and, if I remember correctly, the game is even steamworks. It's weird it's not showing up yet.

Anyone else having a problem with Offline not working. It tells me that my "account information is not stored on this computer." What the hell does that mean? I did a clean reinstall on my computer and it still says that. Tried calling customer service but everyone knows how that goes. It sucks because all I want to do is play Skyrim while I am at work and I don't have an internet connection that I could connect to. Anyone have any ideas?
Known issue that Valve have acknowledged. They're working on it apparently.

Sub ID Name
15380 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Three
15383 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
15384 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
15385 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Six
15386 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Seven
15387 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eight
15388 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Nine
15389 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Ten
15390 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eleven
15379 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two
15378 Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One

So the sale should be for 13 days (2 repeats + 11 unique sales)

Sub ID Name

*eyes grow wide*

Sub ID Name

Now you're just taunting us, Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom