• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicy cho

I think these summer sales are getting less and less appealing to me each passing year as I pretty much own almost everything I want that's available on steam right now buying them through past sales.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I think these summer sales are getting less and less appealing to me each passing year as I pretty much own almost everything I want that's available on steam right now buying them through past sales.

This year I pretty much just want AC:R for $10 and besides that I'll consider YS Origin for $5 or less and $7.50 or less Raymn Origins. Besides that I don't plan on adding to my library. Now to buy the MW3 map packs for half off since I'll actually get value out of them versus adding to an unplayed grid view lol.

In the coming soon section: Deponia August 7

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to that. It's from the people who did The Whispered World and the recently released Dark Eye. Beautiful game, too.

EXtIO.jpg

Caerith

Here's what's in the indie bundles for each day, spoilered in case people would rather wait and be surprised:

Indie Bundle Day 1 -
The Baconing, EDGE, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story +, Lone Survivor
Indie Bundle Day 2 -
Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula, Splice
Indie Bundle Day 3 -
Braid, Bit Trip Bat, Runespell Overture, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Indie Bundle Day 4 -
Atom Zombie Smasher, Sanctum, Blocks That Matter, Sword and Sowrcery (& soundtrack), A Valley Without Wind
Indie Bundle Day 5 -
Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Indie Bundle Day 6 -
DEFCON, Awesome, SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride
Indie Bundle Day 7 -
Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE
Indie Bundle Day 8 -
Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus
Indie Bundle Day 9 -
Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized
Indie Bundle Day 10 -
Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die
Indie Bundle Day 11 -
World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion, Waveform
Indie bundles get less and less enticing after a few beat-the-average Humble Bundles. But eleven days? That's ridiculous, it's not even funny.

Alboreo

Ys on day five, I'm okay with that. I may just purchase it by itself if it's cheaper than the cost of the whole pack, though. I'm pretty sure I've got everything paired with it.

donny2112

Not a long-time veteran of Steam sales, so sorry for the likely newbie question.

Does the 2-week indie bundle sales indicate that there won't be a full-blown Steam sale with individual titles being heavily discounted each day?

I'd imagine one wouldn't preclude the other, but just wanted to see what people more knowledgeable had to say on the matter. Thanks!

1-D_FTW

Indie bundles get less and less enticing after a few beat-the-average Humble Bundles. But eleven days? That's ridiculous, it's not even funny.

Sales typically last about 11 days. And there's always an indie bundle each day. Not sure I'm seeing the whole issue.

Not interested in any of those bundles, but will be interested in getting Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet if it gets a decent individual discount.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Not a long-time veteran of Steam sales, so sorry for the likely newbie question.

Does the 2-week indie bundle sales indicate that there won't be a full-blown Steam sale with individual titles being heavily discounted each day?

I'd imagine one wouldn't preclude the other, but just wanted to see what people more knowledgeable had to say on the matter. Thanks!

Winter sale '10 we had a ton of indie bundles during a sale. $5/5 game packs, there were quite a few of them (Indie smarts, fright, beats, kids etc packs). They'll just be part of the full blown sale, no worries.

Codeblue

Ys Pack - $15.

Would be all over that.

Same. I don't even know what Ys plays like, but I heard some of the music recently and need to get into that series immediately.

I either own or don't care about everything else on Day 5, so I hope they do some sort of package.

Caerith

Same. I don't even know what Ys plays like, but I heard some of the music recently and need to get into that series immediately.

I either own or don't care about everything else on Day 5, so I hope they do some sort of package.
Ys, as a series, has been around forever. And I've never played any of it, but have always digged the music. I probably won't get the Day 5 bundle but will see if I can get Ys cheap through other means.

camerooni

Neo Member
So Killing Floor is having a Summer Sideshow thing again..

Sorry if this has already been answered but what the hell is a 'Harold Lott' and why the hell would you pay $5 for it?

Ooookay.. and with that I'll just go 'something british thank god I don't have headphones at work'.. So the character drops money in game while just running around and others can pick it up?

That video sort of reminded me of the clip of the fast food song with their plastic macdonalds style suits *shudder*

You have to be a KF player to understand, the main emote is Can you spare some cash, or Loads emone, or I need some dosh.

It's an insider thing.

If you don't already know, KF is the best game... ever.

camerooni

Neo Member
You have to be a KF player to understand, the main emote is Can you spare some cash, or Loads emone, or I need some dosh.

It's an insider thing.

If you don't already know, KF is the best game... ever.

I have played a bit of KF.. granted after checking.. uhh.. http://steamcommunity.com/id/camerooni/games?tab=all

Only 3.7 hours worth.. (of which I quite enjoyed even random pick up group games.. seemed like a pretty good community.. but I can't dedicate time to that when I've only put 80 hours into Everyday Genius Square Logic and have only completed the first 'world' .. but it's definitely something I'd like to spend a little more time on with some mates! (Oh and that robot santa thing is something to fear AND love) :D

I know when I pressed the give money key he'd say 'Here's some money/dosh' or similar and there was a key to ask for money, but yeah.. didn't realise that it was an homage to anything =)

The_More_You_Know.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom