• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

good. Noitu Love 2 is amazing and feels great when using keyboard & mouse.. which is nice to see in that type of game.

fuck that game for making me click like crazy. I appreciate the way it's designed around the input but there should really be another way around the constant-mouse destroying clicking.

Remind me that I have to buy Indie Bundle Day 2.

On an unrelated note: I just started playing Half Life for the first time after I've already beaten Half Life 2 a few years ago. I've never really played contemporary shooters because I'm more from the post-Halo generation, but it's something different. It's sad to see what FPS have become today, nothing more than an roller coaster as a tutorial for the online compartment of the game. There have actually been moments that I got lost or did not know what to do for a moment. SHOCKING. That would never happen in one of those linear military shooter games that control the market nowadays. Half Life can also be quite unforgiving sometimes. There were moments where I just kept dying until I found a hidden way where I actually had a chance. Thank god for the quicksave key. All the "jumping puzzles" are a nice touch as well. A shooter where you actually have to think? Did those exist? Now I want Half Life 3 even more. Maybe when we've got hoverboards and flying cars or something.

mrgone

So I either own everything or it's not worth buying a pack for 1 game damn lol.

Same thing here :( I wish they'd just let us create our own at this point. Add 5 games to our cart from the big indie list and get the "We're still Valve, non-believers (we invented this shit)" price.

Nymerio

A question regarding the indie bundles: Can you gift the keys for games you already own, or are do you typically get one key for every bundle?

The A.I. in Civ V is simply retarded. This isn't a particularly new or stunning opinion, I know but I'm playing a game that's a shining example of how single minded and stupidly aggressive the A.I. can be.

My immediate neighbour was Genghis Khan/Mongolia, so I spent the first few hundred years of my game caught up in war rather than exploring. So aside from exchanged embassies, I had no clue as to what lay beyond my borders. Out of nowhere Suleiman/The Ottoman's declare war on me. One of those "surprise, war!" moments that are just so standard in Civ V.

Turns out the Ottoman empire was nowhere near mine, literally on the other side of the world. The Ottoman's were in the classical period whereas I was medieval, so it wasn't exactly a quick journey for either of our armies. I expected a city to be to the immediate north of my border but instead the A.I. had marched its units across an entire continent, one covered in hills, forests and jungles, to get to me for reasons unknown. It didn't even make any sense why I was attacked. Usually the A.I. attacks you cos it's you're the immediate neighbour and it thinks you're either too weak or you just have to clash because it wants more territory. Even if it's stupid, there's always some transparent motivation but this made no damned sense. I repelled the initial attack and chased after the Ottoman army but it just kept melting back and back. It was so slow and painful, it took like twenty or thirty turns moving through this giant swathe of uninhabited territory, it just pissed me off. I kept expecting to see a the edge of a border, a city to emerge from the fog of war but my army just kept going and going. I had workers trail after my army, built a road across an entire damned continent to make it easier to funnel in reinforcements and ended up settling a couple of cities along the way, plopping one city down right by its borders so I can have a war factory on the Ottoman border.

I wanted to try and do a two/three city run with Ethiopia, go for a cultural or science victory but this game always forces me to build an army. It just drives me nuts how stupidly aggressive it is, there's literally no point in making peace, I may as well just stomp the Ottoman's out like I had to the Mongolians. The A.I. doesn't respect cultural achievements, technological advancement, a powerful economy, production capacity, shared religion, the only thing that matters is the size of your standing army. Civ V is basically just is a war game.

Yaska

Some civs are prejudiced against some civs, and thus will declare war. The thing is that you don't need a large army, just enough to defend your borders and you can pretty much wipe all the attacks and focus on the science/cultural part of the game. Despite playing with Japanese and slaughtering all foes, I've never gotten war victory in the game. I usually accidently build UN and they vote me to win or I just build spaceship.

Tess3ract

Banned
banner.png

Well...they certainly got me to never play this.

PaulLFC

Updated list of all the packs so far:

1C Collection - $39.99 - Cryostasis, Men of War series, NecroVisioN, Kings Bounty series, Theatre of War series, Rig 'n' Roll, Space Rangers 2 Reboot,

2K Games & Rockstar "Public Released" Pack (may not be a pack but recently updated) - no price yet - Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands & DLC, Bully, Civilization IV Complete, Civilization V & DLC, Civ V Gods and Kings, CivCity: Rome, Darkness II, Duke Nukem Forever & DLC, Freedom Force Pack, Grand Theft Auto series, LA Noire, Mafia II & DLC, Max Payne 1 and 2 (not 3 though), Manhunt, Midnight Club 2, MLB series, NBA series, Railroad Tycoon 2, Railroad Tycoon 3, Shattered Union, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Sid Meier's Railroads!, SpecOps: The Line, Stronghold Pack, X-ComCollection

2K Pack 2 - no price yet - Bionshock 2, Darkness II Limited Edition, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, SpecOps: The Line

Activision Pack (may not be a pack but recently updated) - no price yet - Everything, including MW3

Bethesda Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Brink & DLC, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Fallout: New Vegas & DLC, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

BioShock Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - BioShock, BioShock 2

Bit Trip Beat Pack - $9.99 - Bit Trip Beat plus soundtrack
Bit Trip Runner Pack - $9.99 - Bit Trip Runner plus soundtrack

Blendo Games Pack - no price yet - Airforte, Atom Zombie Smasher, Flotilla

Civilization Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price - Civilization III Complete, Civilization IV Complete, Civilization V plus DLC (but not Gods & Kings)

Command & Conquer Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising, Command & Conquer 4

Cyan Complete Pack 2012 - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Real Myst, Myst Masterpiece Edition, Myst V, Riven, Uru, Spelunx, Manhole, Cosmic Osmo

Cyanide Studios Compilation - no price yet - A Game of Thrones, Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Loki, Pro Cycling Manager 2008, Pro Cycling Manager 2012

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $29.99 - Dawn of War I series and Dawn of War II series plus DLC

Deep Silver Compilation - no price yet - Dead Island & DLC, Emergency 2012, Iron Front, Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters, Lost Horizon, Nail'd, Risen, Risen 2, Rush for Berlin, Sacred 2, Secret Files, Secret Files 2, The Dark Eye, The Whispered World

Duke Nukem Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Duke Nukem Forever plus DLC

Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles - no price yet - Europa Universalis 3 Complete, EU3 Divine Wind, EU3 Heir to the Throne

Gratuitous Battle Pack - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Gratuitous Space Battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles

GTA IV Complete Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Indie Bundle Day 1 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - The Baconing, EDGE, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story +, Lone Survivor

Indie Bundle Day 2 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula, Splice

Indie Bundle Day 3 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Braid, Bit Trip Bat, Runespell Overture, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Indie Bundle Day 4 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Atom Zombie Smasher, Sanctum, Blocks That Matter, Sword and Sowrcery (& soundtrack), A Valley Without Wind

Indie Bundle Day 5 - $39.99 (placeholder price)t - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Indie Bundle Day 6 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - DEFCON, Awesome (AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa for the Awesome?), SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride

Indie Bundle Day 7 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE

Indie Bundle Day 8 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus

Indie Bundle Day 9 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized

Indie Bundle Day 10 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Indie Bundle Day 11 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion, Waveform

Indie Fright Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Burn Zombie Burn, The Path, The Scourge Project, The Void, Zombie Driver

Kalypso Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Tropico 3, Tropico 4, Dungeons, Dungeons: The Dark Lord, Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, SkyDrift, Airline Tycoon 2, Port Royale 3, Bang Bang Racing

Killing Floor Bundle - $19.99 - Killing Floor, Outbreak Character Pack, Nightfall Character Pack, Post Mortem Character Pack, London's Finest Character Pack, Defence Alliance 2, Steampunk Mr. Froster DLC,Christmas Character Pack, Urban Nightmare Character Pack, Harold Lott Character Pack

Nordic Games Compilation - no price yet - Agatha Christie games, Aquanox, Aquanox 2, Gothic, Gothic II, Gothic III, Gothic 4 Arcania & expansion, Aura, Aura 2, Chaser, Europa 1400, Painkiller games, Safecracker, Safecracker 2, Spellforce Platinum, Spellforce 2 Gold, The Guild II, Guild II Renaissance, Guild II Pirates of the European Seas

Paradox Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Crusader Kings II, Defenders of Ardania, Europa Universalis III Complete plus Divine Wind, Gettysburg: Armored Warfare, Magicka Collection, Mount & Blade Series, Naval War Arctic Circle, Sword of the Stars II, Warlock - Masters of the Arcane

Pendulo Adventure Pack - $29.99 - Runaway: A Road Adventure, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, The Next BIG Thing, Yesterday

Perfect World Collection - no price yet - Forsaken World, Rusty Hearts, Blacklight Retribution & Starter Pack

Red Orchestra Franchise Pack - $39.99 - Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, Mare Nostrum, Darkest Hour, Red Orchestra 2 plus Digital Deluxe DLC

SEGA "Public Compilation" Pack (recently updated but may not be a pack in the sale) - no price yet - MegaDrive / Genesis Classics Collection, Aliens vs Predator, Alpha Protocol, Dreamcast Collection, Football Manager series, London 2012, Total War series, Sega Rally, The Club, The Incredible Hulk, The Golden Compass, Universe at War, Vancouver 2010, Virtua Tennis 2009

Square Hit Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition plus DLC, Hitman, Hitman 2, Hitman Blood Money, Just Cause 2 plus DLC, Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light plus DLC, Quantum Conundrum & soundtrack, Thief Gold, Thief II, Thief Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tomb Raider Underworld,

Sniper Elite Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite V2 & Pre-order rifles

Space Marine Pack - $39.99 - Space Marine plus all DLC

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - $39.99 (placeholder price) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

Stardock Collection - $39.99 - Demigod, Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

Strategy First Complete Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Dangerous Waters, Space Empires IV Deluxe, Disciples II, Iron Warriors, Space Empires V, 688I Hunter-Killer, Fleet Command, Sub Command, Birth of America, Flatout, Flatout 2, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, Flatout 3, Ghost Master, Vegas: Make it Big, Making History, Making History 2, Ducati World Championship, Culpa Innata, Sacred Gold, Darkstar One, Jack Keane, Jagged Alliance 2 Gold, Exodus From the Earth, Perimeter 2, Ankh: Heart of Osiris, Ankh: Battle of the Gods, BC Kings, Port Royale 2, 9th Company - Roots of Terror, Puzzle Kingdoms, Patrician III, The Great Art Race, Bad Rats, Razor 2, Chocolatier: Decadence by Design, Cooking Dash, Diaper Dash, Diner Dash, Dream Chronicles, Emerald City Confidential, Wandering Willows, Wedding Dash 2, Zenerchi, DinerTown Tycoon, DinerTown Detective Agency, Nightshift Code, Nightshift Legacy, Fitness Dash, Parking Dash, Mahjong Roadshow, Trijinx, Valerie Porter, Gemini Lost, Ironclads Collection, Dimensity, Hazen, World Basketball Manager 2010, Dark Fall: Lost Souls, Zombie Pirates, Hotel Dash, Deep Black, Fireburst

Tale of Tales Complete Pack - no price yet - The Graveyard, The Path, Fatale

THQ Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Darksiders, Dawn of War II series, Space Marine, Nexuiz, Homefront, Saints Row: The Third, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes Series, Titan Quest

Ubisoft Public (probably not a pack, but updated in the last couple of days so who knows) - no price yet - Everything on Steam (6 pages of it, too much to list)

daxy

Looked at the indie bundle list, got progressively sadder. I have too many games :(

Oh well. I blew a fair part of my budget on Endless Space anyway. I'm not much of a strategy game person, but this game's got me hooked.

Edit: oh jesus, what a list. Sale frenzy imminent.

sazzy

I'm glad I hardly buy any indie games. I only have, at most, 1 game from some of those packs haha.

Definitly getting Pack 2 and the one with SpaceChem.

Bethesda Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Brink & DLC, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Fallout: New Vegas & DLC, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

BioShock Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - BioShock, BioShock 2

Pendulo Adventure Pack - $29.99 - Runaway: A Road Adventure, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, The Next BIG Thing, Yesterday

I'm interested in these ones.

camerooni

Neo Member
After you talking about how good it is I went to see if it was still in my wishlist and the page redirects to the home page, apparently it got removed.

store.steampowered.com/app/32150/

:(

Noooooo... So sorry - I had no idea it had been removed from the store :/ That makes me sad.. had to find out why.. all I could find was this: http://www.impulsedriven.com/egsquarelog *shudder*.. eb want 15 bucks for it? Is this why you're no longer on steam baby? Did the big bad game box store beat you out of it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Indie Bundle Day 6 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - DEFCON, Awesome (AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa for the Awesome?), SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride

No. When I use SteamTool, I have this Awesome game too but it's not AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa. I wonder what it was so by cross checking my installed games, I think it's a place holder.

Only two game missing from the cross checking are TF2 and HL2 Lost Coast, so maybe Awesome refers to something source/valve in Steam ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No. When I use SteamTool, I have this Awesome game too but it's not AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa. I wonder what it was so by cross checking my installed games, I think it's a place holder.

Only two game missing from the cross checking are TF2 and HL2 Lost Coast, so maybe Awesome refers to something source/valve in Steam ?

It is AaaA FTA, as is the Awesome game you're referring to; the app id is 15560, which leads here, and AaaA FTA installs to steamapps\common\awesome.

hym

Banned
Heads up on a Greenman Gaming sale, -25% on everything using this voucher code: 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME

Sale ends 1100 UTC July 9th 2012.

Darksiders II using Steamworks is probably cheapest until the Steam Halloween sale.

Elginer

Question for a noobs first Summer sale, but if you get one of these packs and don't want one of the games in the bundle, can they be gifted to a friend on Steam?

mannerbot

Question for a noobs first Summer sale, but if you get one of these packs and don't want one of the games in the bundle, can they be gifted to a friend on Steam?

Unless it is explicitly stated that you will be given extra copies of games you already own, the answer is no. I expect that for these bundles, there will be extra copies given as that seems to be more or less standard practice nowadays, but that's just a guess on my part. Read carefully.

mclem

There's a new F2P in town, MicroVolts

What's the best thing about it? Well, if you play before the 5th of August... You'll get an Y U NO guy mask:

banner.png

They haven't thought that through, really, have they? An object representing "Y U NO PLAY Microvolts"... that can only be shown to people who are playing Microvolts.

This is not a fake. Someone thought that it was a good idea to add rage faces to a game.

Can't wait for the Gaben trollface hat in TF2.

If I remember right, isn't there a trollface rock in Rock of Ages?

mclem

So sale is pretty much confirmed for today right?

Gaf wouldn't just go and be excited over nothing would it?

I think GAF's only really getting excited about clear indications that the sale is soon. I hope people aren't completely committing to the idea it's today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom