• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I'm an idiot.
Not really. Steam doesn't start offline mode reliably if it's able to communicate with your home's router (even if said router can't actually reach the Internet).

I think this is the source of a lot of those posts you see on SPUF with people raging and ranting about how Steam's offline mode doesn't work.

Rant incoming:

Are there any really good semi-tactical competitive non-battlefield/cod shooters coming out anytime soon? I find myself really needing a good multiplayer shooter, I skipped BF3 and C2 and I don't buy COD games anymore at all. Disclaimer: I am allergic to Origin.

KF and L4D2 are my staple games but I want to push the graphical envelope a little bit and I'm sick of coop.

Just tried Blacklight: Retribution and thought it was mediocre... Nexuiz doesn't look all that great to me, nor does CS:GO. Maybe Spec Ops: The Line (meh didn't realize tps.) Max Payne looks good but it's not exactly a tactical shooter, Far Cry 3 isn't either. Big budget shooters haven't appealed to me in years.

Feeling kind of left out tbh. I want a beautiful, exciting, tactical FPS, with perfect gunplay, and I wan't it now. Someone go develop it please, kickstarter at the ready. Guess I'll re-install RO2 and see how that game is holding up.

Sober

Rant incoming:

Are there any really good semi-tactical competitive non-battlefield/cod shooters coming out anytime soon? I find myself really needing a good multiplayer shooter, I skipped BF3 and C2 and I don't buy COD games anymore at all. Disclaimer: I am allergic to Origin.

KF and L4D2 are my staple games but I want to push the graphical envelope a little bit and I'm sick of coop.

Just tried Blacklight: Retribution and thought it was mediocre... Nexuiz doesn't look all that great to me, nor does CS:GO. Maybe Spec Ops: The Line (meh didn't realize tps.) Max Payne looks good but it's not exactly a tactical shooter, Far Cry 3 isn't either. Big budget shooters haven't appealed to me in years.

Feeling kind of left out tbh. I want a beautiful, exciting, tactical FPS, with perfect gunplay, and I wan't it now. Someone go develop it please, kickstarter at the ready. Guess I'll re-install RO2 and see how that game is holding up.
not tactical at all but have you tried Tribes: Ascend?

frozzted

Weren't all Zellers locations meant to eventually be converted to Targets?

Yeah at some point...but I want my witcher now lol.

Target stores will start to open in 2013. But there will still be some Zellers stores, Target didn't buy the chain outright. (Some stores were resold to Walmart too.)

Not to derail the thread, I bought Sword & Sworcery, haven't played it yet though. I will get to it soon.

I guess I was a dumbass for thinking that there was going to be a price drop for the PC version once the 360 version hit the shelves, that was the main reason I was waiting to buy it.

Well, The Witcher II is $30 at Amazon and I still have $15 left to use up in Amazon gift cards, so would Amazon be the best option? You can download the Enhanced Edition update for free though on CD Projekts website though, correct?

mannerbot

Yeah, didn't sit right with me that people were posting about grabbing Puppygames' whole catalog using the code when the promo was to celebrate the guy's birthday and he specified 1 game per person.

I played it without issues on 1920x1200 (which is the max res listed for me but that might be based on desktop resolution), people on the Steam forum have been reporting it won't do 2560x1440 and 2560x1600 and reverts back to a low resolution which is a bummer with this type of pixel art. The developer said they are looking into patching it.

Thanks for the info, looks like I'll wait until it gets 2560x1440 res support then.

Dreavus

Mine is gone too! :(

Yep.

The game was pretty fun (Titan Attacks), I might buy it sometime later. I'm annoyed that I never bothered to check the original tweet, and understood the deal at face value, when that clearly wasn't the intent. I guess I can console myself by restarting my campaign on Revenge of the Titans. :p

Wok

Mine is gone, but my cousin's isn't. Let's call it even. :D

Mine is gone too. :)

I guess I was either too greedy, either not greedy enough for not using a different email address for each game.

Edit: What happened to the savegame in the clouds?

Do we not get Witcher 2 EE on Steam as part of our original purchase? Thought it was free DLC.

Been up for hours on steam. Maybe if already patched and you didn't notice. The launcher and main menu will both say enhanced edition, but so far at least there isn't a new icon for it in steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Been up for hours on steam. Maybe if already patched and you didn't notice. The launcher and main menu will both say enhanced edition, but so far at least there isn't a new icon for it in steam.

Yeah, the mammoth 11.25GB patch was a few percent shy of completing by the time I got home a couple of hours ago. The download took about 8 hours all up.

Dartastic

Aw Gabe you're such a good guy.
FQa6F.jpg

I hope it's not yet another android bundle

I made a mistake and bought a steam-less version of Titan Attacks, so I bought a second one (not out of greedness) with Steam code. I guess I still have my copy of Titan Attacks since it's not gone from my library

And what are you going to do with that second code Bro?

Apparently The Witcher 2 isn't available to buy in the UK off Steam anymore. When did this happen? :-/

Could just be a temporary glitch. Maybe it is only down while they adjust the tab to reflect that it is the EE edition now. If not I can help if you have paypal.

He looks more and more like a bigger Robin Williams. He rocks that beard!

Could just be the beard, but it looks like Gabe might have lost a little bit more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom