• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

On the bright side, the water effects are worth $1.24 to see. :p On the unbright side, you might hate the rest of the game. I didn't mind it but I still haven't finished it.
The ending is the worst part of the game. Up to the big change it's pretty good, but it's strange they changed the voice acting from the 360 version. Makes replaying it feel bizarre.

Blizzard

Banned
I will also say this -- I liked what I played of Hydrophobia more than what I played (the demo?) of that game whose name I forget that tries to be a Portal game with the power gloves. I would NOT recommend that one.

Mechazawa

I was going to make a joke about "Max Mayne" but I'm too tired.

If it is like their last few games, it'll be Steamworks on Steam and nowhere else. Retail and other DD stores will be Gameshield.

I don't think they can do that since I'm pretty sure it would segment the multiplayer community.

I will also say this -- I liked what I played of Hydrophobia more than what I played (the demo?) of that game whose name I forget that tries to be a Portal game with the power gloves. I would NOT recommend that one.

I know you're not talking about qube, but I just want to make it clear to others that you're not. Qube is good. Twin sector is not.

louiedog

At $1.24 it's not longer about whether or not a game is worth your money, but your time. Every game purchase should take that into consideration, but when you strip away any money question it really makes you think, "Well, shit, am I really going to play this thing?" I wonder if there are more impulse buys at $4.99 than there are at $1.24.

It says something that I saw Hydrophobia for 99p, stopped for a second, then went "nah."

I've heard nothing but bad things. I was pretty excited about it before it launched on XBLA, too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well I was going to pick up a couple to give away on my birthday on Thursday but it would seem like I would be punishing people doing that. Looks like i'll wait for something else.

Well on your birthday you should be allowed to punish people so I say go for it.

I know you're not talking about qube, but I just want to make it clear to others that you're not. Qube is good. Twin sector is not.
Was gonna make the same post, but you beat me to the punch.

It says something that I saw Hydrophobia for 99p, stopped for a second, then went "nah."

I've heard nothing but bad things. I was pretty excited about it before it launched on XBLA, too.
The concept is really solid, the execution is mediocre to awful.

Hydrophobia isn't a bad game and the devs really worked hard to improve on the original version and made a lot of changes, it's definitely worth the price they're asking now

cicero

Hydrophobia isn't a bad game and the devs really worked hard to improve on the original version and made a lot of changes, it's definitely worth the price they're asking now

I think I will go with this previously stated rule of thumb.

At $1.24 it's not longer about whether or not a game is worth your money, but your time. Every game purchase should take that into consideration, but when you strip away any money question it really makes you think, "Well, shit, am I really going to play this thing?"

My backlog is massive, and I just bought the 1C Complete Pack on GamersGate for $20 yesterday. Who needs another entirely forgettable mediocre title that will never be played? Not me.

Nabs

Thank you for this post. I honestly thought he was talking about Qube.

Sword & Sworcery will be 25% off today according to twitter

Blizzard

Banned
Thank you for this post. I honestly thought he was talking about Qube.
I think Twin Sector has been eloquently described as "Portal, if there were no portals and it sucked."

To be more specific, the only nice thing I really recall was the character model. The physics puzzles in the demo were clunky, the characters/voice acting/computer voice were not compelling, the glove powers seemed really janky to use, and unless the game really improved later on, that was that.

At least with Hydrophobia, the plot, setting, and characters were at least a bit interesting to me, and the water effects and levels were neat early on.

Aaron

Hydrophobia is fun for at least the first two thirds of the game. The end becomes too combat heavy, and just ruins the experience. I never got tired of shooting out glass to drown my enemies.

Stu: Hydrophobia is the daily.
Stu: In other news, sky blue.
I apologised on 4chan: Have you noticed it get's cheaper and cheaper every time?
Stu: Yep.
Stu: lol.
I apologised on 4chan: Two more sales and it will be -£1.00. If you buy it Steam gives you a pound.
Stu: Still wouldn't.

Megasoum

Banned
I guess I'll have to try it out at some point. I came close to buying it on my iPhone but didn't want to play it on the small screen (I don't have an iPad)...

Tomodachi

Bought on the iPhone, loved it but never finished (restored my phone and lost the savegame), so I hope this time I'll be able to. Amazing atmosphere, humor, graphics and above all music.

ShaneB

Been waiting for a while for this after hearing so many good things about it. Think I'll pick it up later today and start playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom