• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Davidion, there's a guy on Steam going around impersonating you and referring people to a (what I assume) is a phishing site or virus link of some sort. He's got a few more gaffers on his friends list too

MidMq.png

yep.

Oreoleo

Hey Davidion, there's a guy on Steam going around impersonating you and referring people to a (what I assume) is a phishing site or virus link of some sort. He's got a few more gaffers on his friends list too so I figured I'd post here. It's obvious enough though

http://steamcommunity.com/id/1356756ddws4

Yup, he tried to get me too. Looks like he's been banned from Steam or something already though.

Edit- Or maybe not. Dude's on to another account already.

Double edit- Anyone who gets contacted by him make sure to report it to Valve.

MRORANGE

played some:

header_292x136.jpg

really liked it however I'm on the fence, I know I probably won't touch it for a few months and with a summer sale coming up I'm kinda hoping it pop's up there again.

played some:

header_292x136.jpg

really liked it however I'm on the fence, I know I probably won't touch it for a few months and with a summer sale coming up I'm kinda hoping it pop's up there again.

Fantastic game and one of my favourite devs this gen. Also one of the few Ubi games with great Steam features. Bought it full-price and haven't regretted it. I'm sure you won't either but if you won't play it anytime soon there's nothing wrong with waiting.

Buy Sword & Sworcery when it releases later today though ;)

MRORANGE

Fantastic game and one of my favourite devs this gen. Also one of the few Ubi games with great Steam features. Bought it full-price and haven't regretted it. I'm sure you won't either but if you won't play it anytime soon there's nothing wrong with waiting.

Buy Sword & Sworcery when it releases later today though ;)

In the end I just caved in and bought the game :|

Davidion

I have...an impersonator?

I'm getting out of all these stupid useless groups I signed up for, have to imagine this is how people are ripping off my user list.

Thanks for the heads up folks. Next time when in doubt ask me for an SAT word and that will verify my identify. LOL

Anyone knows if there is a good Dead Island Sale somewhere?
I remember they sold it sometime for about 10-15 bucks somewhere.

Anyone knows? Thanks.

(Guess have to wait for another sale)

Volcynika

I have...an impersonator?

I'm getting out of all these stupid useless groups I signed up for, have to imagine this is how people are ripping off my user list.

Thanks for the heads up folks. Next time when in doubt ask me for an SAT word and that will verify my identify. LOL

How do we know you're the REAL Davidion? It's all a scam!

Davidion

How do we know you're the REAL Davidion? It's all a scam!

If I start asking you for money over Dota 2, something may be up.

Huh, didn't know groups could do that. I'm leaving groups now too.

Ostensibly anyone can lift your friends list if they read your profile. I'm just guessing that the super groups with 10-100k plus members are ripe for spammer culling.

Regardless, it's not like I'm missing much by leaving them.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think this should be a lesson: go to your accounts management page and set it so only friends can read your full profile.

MRORANGE

Not sure if posted but Steam Score works out how many acheivements you have gained and put's a score tally, it also works out how many achievements you have done for each game as a well in percentile marks for each game.

plc268

Not sure if posted but Steam Score works out how many acheivements you have gained and put's a score tally, it also works out how many achievements you have done for each game as a well in percentile marks for each game.

Oh god, the next 2 pages will be everyone posting their info...

So I'll start :D

fatpat268

SteamScore: 29,298 - Rank 560 of 3,078

Games completed: 2 of 165 (1.2%)

Achievements earned: 1,284 of 7,460 (17.2%)

http://steamscore.net/76561197988652183

Edit: but I didn't earn a lot of those TF2 cheevos. They automatically unlocked way back when I entered a hacked server, I guess.

xanaty

Neo Member

Great Googly Moogly! This is awesome! Always wanted something like XBOX's Gamerscore for Steam and looks like we found it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Remember folks, no one cares how big your penis is. You're probably measuring from the testicles anyway, trying to make an argument for "effective depth" or some shit.

God damn you people disgust me.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Remember folks, no one cares how big your penis is. You're probably measuring from the testicles anyway, trying to make an argument for "effective depth" or some shit.

God damn you people disgust me.

I just play games man, I don't know what my big penis has to do with that.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. Unless we're holding a contest to see who has the worst achievement percentage for games played. Then I might be motivated to actually check mine. But as a rule, if I can't be bothered to even care about my own achievements, I'm scrolling right past yours.

Blizzard

Banned
I think what morningbus is trying to say is, "Please go to that website that tells you an inaccurate number about how much money you spent on Steam games and post it in the thread, along with how many games you own".

Neat, but Saints Row 3 really bugs it out. Anyone that wants a much bigger made up number simply needs to play SR3.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I will never get why some people care about achievements, just play the game and enjoy it. If after finishing the game you want to do the achievements to get "more" out of it that's cool in my book though.

edit: I have no daily deal so I assume it's a GFWL game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I will never get why some people care about achievements, just play the game and enjoy it. If after finishing the game you want to do the achievements to get "more" out of it that's cool in my book though.

If I enjoy the gameplay aspect of a game enough and the achievement list appears manageable without any stupid timesinks or absurdly frustrating stuff, I'll try to complete a list.

That means I have like 12 games on Steam done, 0 platinums and 0 1000s lol.

HoosTrax

It depends.

- The grindy ones (kill x number of things using y weapon) are of pointless
- The random, stars-aligned-just-the-right-way ones are kind of pointless (a lot of TF2 ones)
- The milestone ones are interesting to see globally how far people have gotten in a game
- The hidden ones give you hints that you haven't as thorough as you thought (Steam will tell you the total number of achievements for a game, but won't show you the descriptions of the hidden ones)
- The challenge ones push you to improve or encourage you to try difference approaches

The only games I've 100%-ed are Orcs Must Die!, Costume Quest, Sequence, and Droplitz -- ones with maybe a few dozen at the most, and ones that encourage thoroughness or challenge, without being too grindy.

Derrick01

Banned

edit: I have no daily deal so I assume it's a GFWL game.

I don't care about Steam ones but I've had periods where I was huge into the 360 and ps3 ones (currently on a ps3 binge). It's addictive to 100% the games I have and kind of makes me feel like I'm getting the most out of my game. Like with AC Revelations, I would have never tried to get 100% sync on every main story mission if not for trophies. And it was fun doing some of them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom