• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

It seems like launching on XBLA is a good way to get people to write about your game and a later Steam release is a good way to get paid for making it.

Nabs

Torchlight II pre-order coming soon.

I think Rockstar is going to have a sale soon. Reg updates to GTA, Midnight Club, Manhunt, Max Payne, Bully and LA Noire.

Twinduct

Tequila Works was added to the registry, so it looks like Deadlight will also be on Steam since that's there only title.

http://youtu.be/ZajzuvLAL7w

Man that looks good. Would buy it in a heartbeat!

I think Rockstar is going to have a sale soon. Reg updates to GTA, Midnight Club, Manhunt, Max Payne, Bully and LA Noire.

Yay finally I can give runic my money!

Manhunt should be required playing for everyone.

I don't own it on Steam. I need to get on that.

Edit: If you can use a controller with it okay. Can't imagine it being a good KB/M game.

Dascu

amrod

Signal Studios dropped several information bombs today about its Toy Soldiers series, with the first volley announcing that the original Toy Soldiers will be available on Steam and Games for Windows Live Marketplace today for $9.99. The Steam version will be 25 percent off during launch week.

Wow

DTKT

Signal Studios dropped several information bombs today about its Toy Soldiers series, with the first volley announcing that the original Toy Soldiers will be available on Steam and Games for Windows Live Marketplace today for $9.99. The Steam version will be 25 percent off during launch week.

Wow

holy shiet. Is it using GFWL?

Blizzard

Banned
Next Steam feature request: Allow people to use higher quality JPG (if not actual PNG) compression for Steam screenshots instead of requiring Fraps + an image converter.

I want Evochron Mercenary but May is just too full to justify it. It didn't take long to get to 50% off so I think there is a good chance for a bigger discount in the summer sale.

MNC

Midweek:

Evochron Mercenary
50% off

Dead Space series
75% off

BUY ALL THESE GAMES.

I would buy Evochron if I wasn't content with X3 so far. It's taking up alot of time :D

Joe Molotov

Why the fuck is Manhunt 2 AO-Edition (or any edition for that matter) not on Steam? Even if it's not that great of a game, I'd rather buy that than some crusty old Midnight Club.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
mmmhhhhh, dead space 2 isn't available at all here in germany.

silex, who is a great guy and often helped me with this stuff can't gift it to me cause it's still 15$ in his region...

could some nice us-gaffer gift me the game. i will paypal the money upfront :)

edit: much thanks to QuantumBro for helping me out :)

Lothars

Why the fuck is Manhunt 2 AO-Edition (or any edition for that matter) not on Steam? Even if it's not that great of a game, I'd rather buy that than some crusty old Midnight Club.
I've wondered that to but the only place to buy Manhunt digitally was Direct 2 Drive and I don't know if there is another place to get it now.

Manhunt 2 was terrible on the Wii. I couldn't play past the second level because the controls were so bad. If it was dirt cheap on Steam I might give it another chance, but from what I saw it had none of the great aspects that made the original so good.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dead Space 2 for $5? I guess I should finally bite.

Also, The Walking Dead Episode 1 came out? Was that even in the Coming Soon list?

Dead Space 1 2,50€ - 5$
Dead Space 2 7,50€ - 5$

Any american want to trade Dead Space 2 for a Dead Space 1 for charity? hahaha

Im gonna dip so bad with Dead Space 1.

In the other hand, Indie Gala 4 is live and Be Mine 2 is about to finish.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I had zero qualms paying $120 total for them both.

I loved the atmosphere of the first game, but it really stressed me out playing it and I never finished it. I hear Dead Space 2 is more action-focused than the first game.

I loved the atmosphere of the first game, but it really stressed me out playing it and I never finished it. I hear Dead Space 2 is more action-focused than the first game.

Yeah, neither games scared me at all, but I love them for their imagery and excellent combat.

Next Steam feature request: Allow people to use higher quality JPG (if not actual PNG) compression for Steam screenshots instead of requiring Fraps + an image converter.

honestly, I think the whole 'browse catalog' function is pretty shitty in Steam. It just malfunctions too often, or doesn't actually give me a view of what I want to see: a full list of games that would interest me.

I'm not sure what would improve though, certainly not with millions of simultaneous users and the live environment problems that brings.

garath

Midweek:

Evochron Mercenary
50% off

Dead Space series
75% off

BUY ALL THESE GAMES.

I would buy Evochron if I wasn't content with X3 so far. It's taking up alot of time :D

I love X3 and I've wanted to try Mercenary for ages. $12 is the right price to give it a shot. Now hopefully I can get my friend to jump in too and play some co-op.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It seems like Ubisoft will be releasing Peter Jackson's King Kong on Steam.

Wait, the movie or the game? I'm so confused. I wish there was a way to prevent this confusion.

Interesting bit from the Wikipedia: "-The PC version is also known to utilize the StarForce copy protection system, which may cause unforeseen difficulties for players, especially those using Microsoft Windows 7. No patch has been released by the publisher to remedy this problem."

Wait, the movie or the game? I'm so confused. I wish there was a way to prevent this confusion.

Interesting bit from the Wikipedia: "-The PC version is also known to utilize the StarForce copy protection system, which may cause unforeseen difficulties for players, especially those using Microsoft Windows 7. No patch has been released by the publisher to remedy this problem."
lol ubisoft

nexen

Dead Space 1 and 2 are excellent action/adventure games, passable horror games, and just overall fantastic science-fiction romps. If you don't like them then you are a terrible person, dead to me, etc.

Seriously though. Dead Space. Buy.

edit: plus they look amazing and have some of the best atmospheres of any games this gen. Rivalling BioShock 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom