• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Unrelated but do these work on PC? :lol
I made some clunky drivers that works with the chatpad and wired 360 controller to emulate a keyboard (and optional mouse with the thumbsticks), but I haven't tried to reverse engineer the wireless controller yet. =( It's been like a year or two that that particular project has been in limbo.

You can check this thread for some more information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392607

I made some clunky drivers that works with the chatpad and wired 360 controller to emulate a keyboard (and optional mouse with the thumbsticks), but I haven't tried to reverse engineer the wireless controller yet. =( It's been like a year or two that that particular project has been in limbo.

You can check this thread for some more information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392607

Oh wow, thanks for the link. I have a wired controller anyway :) I might have to buy one if I find it on the cheap.

MRORANGE

I demand pictures of these FF6 filters!

Filter on:

jtT0Ul5n1W7g3.png

filter off:

The difference between the two is astounding. I had to run Portal 2 from my SSD when it released and initial loading screens (i.e. in a fresh instance with no pertinent data sitting in RAM) were no more than a few seconds long and future loading times within the same instance were nigh on instantaneous.

Edit: D'oh, I misread the conversation, haha. I thought you were talking about having Steam and your current game running from the SSD.

Yeah, don't got that much money.

SNIKT!

Do you have another controller plugged in? I have similar problems when more than one controller is plugged into my computer.

No, this is the only controller plugged in. I tried unplugging everything but the controller as well.

Alright you guys, I need help. My wired 360 controller no longer works with steam games. It has always worked fine before, but, now nothing. And it's weird, games that are GFWL, the guide button works, but nothing else. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing steam, the controller drivers, moving Steam to another hard drive, everything I could think of. I'm seriously stumped. I know its only steam too, cause i loaded up PoP: forgotten sands and it worked just fine.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm starting to lose hope. I just want my controller back without having to re-install Windows. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I can't believe I'm getting beat by an official controller that should plug in and work. And, of course, no one on the entire internet seems to have this problem.

Space Bundle was added to the registry a few days ago and it has the following:

Shattered Horizon
shattered horizon content
Shattered Horizon Dedicated Server
Gratuitous Space Battles
gratuitous space battles content
GSB mac content
Universe Sandbox
Universe Sandbox Core
ValveTestApp207150
Stellar Impact Depot
Stellar Impact - DLC1
ValveTestApp208600
Lunar Flight Depot

Nabs

I'm guessing for an upcoming midweek madness?

Humble Bundle "Moar Stuff" listing thing got added. Nothing in it yet.

Harley Quinn DLC got added as well, for those waiting for it.

Sysgen

No, this is the only controller plugged in. I tried unplugging everything but the controller as well.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm starting to lose hope. I just want my controller back without having to re-install Windows. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

I can't believe I'm getting beat by an official controller that should plug in and work. And, of course, no one on the entire internet seems to have this problem.

Saw something similar recently. Vaguely speaking the fix was to go to control panel and re-calibrate or setup the controller from there.

And, of course, no one on the entire internet seems to have this problem.

Not just you, ppl are having the same problem with Saint Row 3, I'm using a PS3 controller with motionjoy and Saints Row 3 and Rayman Origins controls are messed up. Worked fine yesterday so I don't know what's going on.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah didn't realize that new topics for now are restricted.

Anyway, I just realized that Valve has no E3 presence today, huh?

Volcynika

New topics that are really not needed are locked. They've already said they're not showing anything new, mostly be focused on things like CS:GO.

Boss Doggie

Aww, was hoping they'd announce stuff like DotA2 and CSGO there.

Last leg on E3 today (3 Nintendo conferences), hopefully it is true that "they save the best for last".

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

E3 hasn't started yet. The conferences today were keynotes for MS and Sony.

This year Valve is releasing/demoing:
- DOTA2
- CS:Go (At both MS and Sony booths during the conference)
- Big Picture Mode for Steam
- Some scheduled meetings

They clarified this well before now, not sure if there were past threads or it was just discussed in here.

Thread was locked because we're trying to keep to a minimum speculative, reactive, or premature threads or threads not directly related to breaking news or key strains of discussion.

Boss Doggie

E3 hasn't started yet. The conferences today were keynotes for MS and Sony.

This year Valve is releasing/demoing:
- DOTA2
- CS:Go (At both MS and Sony booths during the conference)
- Big Picture Mode for Steam
- Some scheduled meetings

They clarified this well before now, not sure if there were past threads or it was just discussed in here.

Thread was locked because we're trying to keep to a minimum speculative, reactive, or premature threads or threads not directly related to breaking news or key strains of discussion.

Yeah I know, E3 GAF is very hectic XD

Ah and I see - so DotA2 won't be available in the consoles then.

Volcynika

I hope we don't have to have someone asking about the summer sale every day.

*Question about starting date*
*Cue X amount of posts making guesses*
*Day ends*
*repeat*

Boss Doggie

Hahahah it looks like those neon signs.

Also holy shit I didn't know we're only 700 posts left til new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom