• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got that too recently. From googling it seems that happens when someone tries to register a key that you already registered to your account. Like the free keys people post in threads.

It's the automated message sent when someone uses the "Forgot password" function of Steam and provides a valid e-mail address.

It's the automated message sent when someone uses the "Forgot password" function of Steam and provides a valid e-mail address.

Yeah, OK, that's what I figured (it says specifically about a query for the email address), so I am changing my Steam password regardless. Thanks.

Card Boy

Banned
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 comes out in 7 days.

Game will be $5 on Steam. The Steam version is Steamplay which gets you a Mac copy.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/penny-arcades-on-the-rain-slick-precipice-of-darkness-3-lands-j/

Game is developed by the guys at Zeboyd this time (Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death 7)

rs3-moira.png

deepercrow.png

Sye d'Burns

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 comes out in 7 days.

Game will be $5 on Steam. The Steam version is Steamplay which gets you a Mac copy.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/01/penny-arcades-on-the-rain-slick-precipice-of-darkness-3-lands-j/

Game is developed by the guys at Zeboyd this time (Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death 7)

I hadn't been paying attention and had no idea that this was in the works. This is happy news to me.

So close to the summer sale though.

MRORANGE

NZNova

Have you tried Dungeon Defenders? it's pretty cool if your into loot.

Dungeon Defenders is good but one thing to be aware of if you are on a connection with a data cap - dungeon defenders updates more often than any other game on steam (even TF2) and they are usually 300mb a pop. I've seen multiple updates in one day before. Just something to bear in mind.

Ledsen

Dungeon Defenders is good but one thing to be aware of if you are on a connection with a data cap - dungeon defenders updates more often than any other game on steam (even TF2) and they are usually 300mb a pop. I've seen multiple updates in one day before. Just something to bear in mind.

Every time I read posts like this I'm so happy I live in a country without data caps. Sucks for you guys though :(

ShaneB

I never played Episode 1 and 2, but I'm a sucker for pixel graphics, so I'll probably check it out. Which reminds that Zeboyd's other games are still sitting in my games list waiting to be played :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I never played Episode 1 and 2, but I'm a sucker for pixel graphics, so I'll probably check it out. Which reminds that Zeboyd's other games are still sitting in my games list waiting to be played :(

Cthulhu Saves the World is completely worth your time, it is an excellent old school RPG with a fantastic sense of humor.

HoosTrax

Yeah, that's a good thing too. I might get this, though I didn't care about the previous episodes or the creator's previous games.
Ugh, now I have an urge to play Grandia II again. Too lazy to unbox my Dreamcast and dust off my discs. Sega needs to get on bringing more DC games to PC.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ugh, now I have an urge to play Grandia II again. Too lazy to unbox my Dreamcast and dust off my discs. Sega needs to get on bringing more DC games to PC.

Seems like it's happening. Of course we have Jet Set Radio incoming, but according to leaks we have a few games coming later this year, the two I remember were Sonic Adventure 2 and Shenmue.

ShaneB

Cthulhu Saves the World is completely worth your time, it is an excellent old school RPG with a fantastic sense of humor.

Yeah, there's no shortage of great things I've heard about CstW and BoD7, just a matter of actually playing them among everything else I want to play :(

Blizzard

Banned
oh god. I'm getting eye cancer just by imagining it.
Wouldn't playing on a CRT TV like...have blurred the pixels already? Those huge pixel images from the Penny Arcade game kind of hurt my eyes, and I'm someone that doesn't really mind pixel-ish graphics in say, VVVVVV or Superbrothers.

Alex

I figured there'd have been some kind of good CRT/SD-type filter someone could do by now but I've yet to see one, pixel art is nice but raw pixel art from older games on HD displays can be kind of ick at times.

The normal smoothing filters are just very smudge and look awful, though.

Wouldn't playing on a CRT TV like...have blurred the pixels already? Those huge pixel images from the Penny Arcade game kind of hurt my eyes, and I'm someone that doesn't really mind pixel-ish graphics in say, VVVVVV or Superbrothers.

Not the same. Not the same at all. There are CRT filters (which look great) but I think he's talking about something like this: BLAARRGH

HoosTrax said:
Ugh, and I thought the days of clip art were long since gone.

rofl and I thought I was the only one

Ledsen

Smooth filter ≠ CRT filter. CRT filters can look amazing, but they're pretty rare:

Blizzard

Banned
Not the same. Not the same at all. There are CRT filters (which look great) but I think he's talking about something like this: BLAARRGH
Oh I thought he just meant an anti-aliasing or smoothing filter, not that weird stuff.

But I also hate scanlines in CRT filters, so eh. I guess I'm a graphics horse for life. =(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. It appears to be paraphrasing this post over at Phoronix (without giving credit, mind you).

Here's the latest in the steaming excitement concerning Valve's Source Engine and Steam client coming to Linux.

Over the weekend an email was sent in by a Phoronix reader, Joe Davinson, about an email exchange he had with Gabe Newell of Valve. Below is the email screenshot where he says "Yes" to "Will the Linux version of the Steam client be released to the public before the end of this year?"

[Valve's Gabe Says "Yes" To Steam Linux This Year]

This isn't news at all to me, but unfortunately back when I was in Bellevue they asked me to not comment more specifically on their targeted release schedule, so for now you will just have to wait. But what this email confirms for release plans by end of year is already quite accomodating compared to what I was told. Maybe though Valve will finally provide public Linux comments from the E3 Expo?

If you missed the earlier exclusive Phoronix coverage of Valve games and their distribution client coming to Linux, see: Valve's Gabe Newell Talks Linux Steam Client, Source Engine, A Video Of The Source Engine On Ubuntu Linux, and A Special Linux Delivery At Valve Software. If you missed it, they're also still trying to recruit highly-skilled Linux developers.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
why you gotta smash my dreams morningbus? Steam is the only real reason right now I'm using Windows :eek:

I'm excited for it, too. Don't worry.

It's definitely coming and a 2013 target is an incredibly generous release window. So I definitely think we'll see it by then. Just that an alleged email from Gabe is hardly rock-solid confirmation of its release.

HBroward

There are only a few more hours to get the 25% off discount for pre-ordering Endless Space, an amazingly well done new 4x game. The beta releases today, and the discount will probably drop to 10%. I highly recommend checking it out if you are into those kind of games.

Bluth54

Question, just got the Saints Row the Third Season Pass, but I didn't d/l immediately. How do I install it now or is it automatic?

DLC gets added to the game and should automatically start downloading. You may need to try starting the game to get it to download.

Anyone else have Dead Hungry Diner Demo - Download paused stuck in their games list? I can't clear it out and can't legitimately download the demo either. My OCPD is twitching.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Hey everyone! I just saw the news about Rainslick3's release date pop up in this thread! Glad to see people are excited about it - it's been extremely fun making this game, but also a ton of work, so I too am excited to see it coming out soon. :)

That said, I just wanted to clarify that the release date is July 10, not June 10! So it's not a week away, it's about a month away!

MRORANGE

Hey everyone! I just saw the news about Rainslick3's release date pop up in this thread! Glad to see people are excited about it - it's been extremely fun making this game, but also a ton of work, so I too am excited to see it coming out soon. :)

That said, I just wanted to clarify that the release date is July 10, not June 10! So it's not a week away, it's about a month away!

ah cool.

Can we have a smooth filter option for the game?

Just to annoy GAF.

ShaneB

So, did anyone else watch the MS conference and catch the quote "Keyboards don't belong in the living room!" ?

Yeah, fuck you MS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom