• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Gonna be my first sale, not gonna buy anything unless it's 99 cents.

ijF1eeHJibJLm.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
some space left for "don't ask about Daily Deals" ?

Current title length is maxed out, when the sale starts there'll be a separate thread for it and the OP in that thread will have guidelines. I trust Salsa or MRORANGE or whoever takes on the role will do it properly, they're both competent individuals :)

1-D_FTW

Though when the sale starts, a new flurry of posts will appear.

"Guys, what are the chances that ___ appears as a daily???"

If I had any ambition, I'd make a color coded graph for insertion into the OP. Cause what games are going to be Daily Deals is more science than art at this point. Totally predictable what games are going on sale and what their range will be.

ShaneB

Though when the sale starts, a new flurry of posts will appear.

"Guys, what are the chances that ___ appears as a daily???"

During the summer sale, posts will be broken down to this...

"Should I buy ____?"
"Will ____ be a daily?"
"Wait for dailies!"
"____ is awesome, buy it!"

Current title length is maxed out, when the sale starts there'll be a separate thread for it and the OP in that thread will have guidelines. I trust Salsa or MRORANGE or whoever takes on the role will do it properly, they're both competent individuals :)
As long as they don't go and get banned again.

1-D_FTW

During the summer sale, posts will be broken down to this...

"Should I buy ____?"
"Will ____ be a daily?"
"Wait for dailies!"
"____ is awesome, buy it!"

Missing the posts where people spew hatred at a game based on treasure hunt achievements gone bad;)

1-D_FTW

...wait, we're gonna have summer achievements like before? I do hope they're free games again :D

I sure hope so. Although part of me wonders if they didn't learn a lesson and that's why they've kind of scaled things back. It was so funny. I still refer to Droplilz as ShitDrop because of that. Even though I know it's totally my fault.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
There will be achievements for lumps of Sand. The lumps of sand will be craftable into lumps of coal. The coal can be crafted into coupons. The coupons will be craftable into one free game. That game will be Bad Rats.

Glass Rebel

The last thread was great so in true gaming fashion I expect more and better this year!

Edit: Also Facebook and Twitter integration.

Blizzard

Banned
There will be achievements for lumps of Sand. The lumps of sand will be craftable into lumps of coal. The coal can be crafted into coupons. The coupons will be craftable into one free game. That game will be Bad Rats.
But, you will have to pay $2.50 for a key to unlock the crate that contains Bad Rats.

I need some help here. I installed the driver in this site to be able to use my 360 pad on my Mac. I reseted my Mac, and the pad is on, if I go to System Preferences I see the icon and you can check if it is working.

Rumble and everything seems fine, but when I run a game in Steam with Pad support (e.g. Super Meat Boy) it doesn't work. I don't what to do here since I'm still pretty newb with Macs.

MRORANGE

Hey gabe let me preorder watch_dogs right now

it's on green man gaming if you want to buy it right now, but I'm waiting to buy it on steam as well.

You know, their bundles really have gotten worse. 19.99 is too much for one title with a Dead online, and most already being on sale for a few dollars.

yeah Shattered Horizon multiplayer is dead, I really would ignore all deals until the summer sale from now on.

Is this worth buying? Is the collector's edition worth it if I just want the game?

Edit: Also, are Gamefly legit? Steam code?

you can always buy the collectors edition afterwards.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It'd be funny if big picture mode didn't even show up at E3, and Valve were purely there for CS: GO.

BPM to launch alongside Steam Linux which itself will launch alongside Half-Life 3. Coming two-thousand-and-never.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm assuming Watch Dogs is a 2013 title given Ubi hasn't yet slapped it with a release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom