• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I have a dumb question.

It the upper right of my steam window I see "sedakhold's account". This is a combination of me and my brother's handles.

When I click "Community" under home it has my name as "bjvitale" those are my initials + last name.

Which is which? Also I have zero steam friends so feel free to use that to add me if you'd like. I just joined that neogaf group

benjipwns

Banned
I have a dumb question.

It the upper right of my steam window I see "sedakhold's account". This is a combination of me and my brother's handles.

When I click "Community" under home it has my name as "bjvitale" those are my initials + last name.

Which is which? Also I have zero steam friends so feel free to use that to add me if you'd like. I just joined that neogaf group
sedakhold is your username, you can't change this that I'm aware of

bjvitale is your display name, you can change this

Rorschach

*sets all games to not automatically update because his connection is crap during the weekdays*
*opens up Steam*
*3 games are updating*

:|

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
On the CD-Key for the humble bundle it states,

"All keys are for your personal use only."

So is it possible to get into trouble if I use 2 keys for my account and give Bastion to a friend?

ShaneB

I just changed it to Khold. Thanks everyone

(Please add me!)

Added you, actually found you easier when I searched bjvitale. lol

Both work. Along with e-mail and your real name if you have it entered.

Can also send them to your page.

Wish they'd clarify and clear up the adding/searching process. things can get confusing since people can change their display name at will, had no idea you can search for real names and all that, so maybe there's a lot more to it than I know. lol

Bulzeeb

So is it possible to get into trouble if I use 2 keys for my account and give Bastion to a friend?

well I guess that technically you are correct, maybe, but I don't think you can be in any kind of trouble

Its been pretty inactive so far but here it is: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443039&highlight=steamgifts

Also, Scratch me giving out braid and SMB, when i went to the HumbleIndieBundle to retrieve the keys, they used ONE main key for all 3 of the extra games, and when redeemed, it DOES NOT grant you extra copies.... :( Sorry, GAF.

Beware that it may not grant you extras. Give your friend the other key.

Blizzard

Banned

Weird, does this mean you're not even supposed to gift extras to friends?

BioHazard

They officially declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy this morning (the bad kind of bankruptcy), which means they have to cease all operations immediately and liquidate all assets. I don't know what that means for the and DLC on Steam, maybe they'll stay up until everything's auctioned off, but I'm not taking the chance. At the very least though, it probably means they aren't planning any sweet sales for Steam (although maybe they should).

shit now I'm worrying about it disappearing

first world steam collector problems...

Hmmm, both Europa Universalis III and Hearts of Iron III are on sale this week. Always been curious about them but not sure which one to get...

Having spent 20 hours with the former and 68 with the latter (according to Steam), I prefer HoI3. It sounds weird, but for me HoI3 has more 'game' in it than EU3.

Ledsen

I hope there's a chance Crusader Kings II will be a daily. Even if not, I'm probably going to buy it. It looks pretty amazing, and it's now the game I don't own that keeps creeping into my thoughts at random times. I'd really like to play it, or something like it, soon.

I really should play it sometime...

You guys could read this awesome "How the Hell do we Play Crusader Kings II?" Let's Play in anticipation :)

2012-03-16_000012mfn9.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When I bought it I spent some time reading through the systems and whatnot on the official forums, but somewhere along the way I got distracted by old FPS games and getting proper midi going on my computer.

To be fair, I got distracted because people kept saying "oh there's this game-breaking bug" and when it would get fixed they'd find another one, etc.

So, two giveaways hidden (quote to see)

Bastion

Ends in 6 hours

Please keep the link between gaffers, thanks and good luck :) I'll make one for the rest of the Humble Bundle as soon as Steamgifts adds it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Get Crusader Kings 2 instead, it's a great introduction to Paradox grand strategy.

That actually looks pretty nifty too, and the Let's Play you linked looks quite useful for helping me learn how to play one of these games. Decisions, decisions...

Munin

I hope there's a chance Crusader Kings II will be a daily. Even if not, I'm probably going to buy it. It looks pretty amazing, and it's now the game I don't own that keeps creeping into my thoughts at random times. I'd really like to play it, or something like it, soon.

Why didn't you get the Amazon bundle?

ZZMitch

Get Crusader Kings 2 instead, it's a great introduction to Paradox grand strategy.

Get Europa Universalis 3 as well! It is a bit simpler and a great game in itself. I gotta pick up Victoria 2 one of these days, but 10$ seems a little steep considering I got CKII for 10$ last week.

Ledsen

Get Europa Universalis 3 as well! It is a bit simpler and a great game in itself. I gotta pick up Victoria 2 one of these days, but 10$ seems a little steep considering I got CKII for 10$ last week.

Simpler? I don't know, I've never been able to get into EU3 (haven't given up though!) but both me and my gf were having a great time with CK2 within a couple of hours. There are far fewer sliders and less micromanagement in CK2, at least from what I've played of EU3.

Bentendo

I'd say it's definitely worth $10 but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. According to Steam I played it for 38 hours, though, which seems high.

Combat is fun, until you are over powered. Side quests are poorly executed and incredibly boring, main quest stuff is alright. If I could have resisted my urge to clear the map, I probably would have finished it.

38 Hours.... that's probably going to be the name of Curt's new studio.

Vastag

Simpler? I don't know, I've never been able to get into EU3 (haven't given up though!) but both me and my gf were having a great time with CK2 within a couple of hours. There are far fewer sliders and less micromanagement in CK2, at least from what I've played of EU3.

As I undestand the difficulty order of Paradox grand strategy games would be more or less:

CKII<EU3<HoI3<Vic2

HoI3 is where my limit is at, I get lost sometimes with all the posibilities.

Relax.MX

I always try a game until the end, even if I do not like at all. I presume that I still maintain that desire to play as in my times of 8 bits where in spite of how bad it was the game I played and tried to finish. however i fuckin HATE GRAW with all my heart i put 3 hours and i hated every second...

And i liked tactical shooters...5 usd to the trash...(i buy the secuel too :( ) from ugly aesthetics to the basic story through the misconceived gameplay..

What happens to me? spite hate it, finish the third mission, it turned out that was a error of the game, i edit the registry and end the mission, followed by playing the fourth mission and now I'll finish ...

I'm a masochist? I have to finish every game i played even if I do not like it, but well something good is that now I have a better perspective on this game, I enjoy it after all the hate of my part(after the 3 mission is a good game)

Just finished Sword & Sworcery Ep, it took me 5.6 hours.

Amazing game, the art style and the music were fantastic. It's a simple game, I liked that because it was really relaxing for me. Great ending IMO.

5/5

Just finished Sword & Sworcery Ep, it took me 5.6 hours.

Amazing game, the art style and the music were fantastic. It's a simple game, I liked that because it was really relaxing for me. Great ending IMO.

5/5

I still haven't gotten around to playing the PC version of this yet. But I agree with your score, it was one of my top games from last year.

ZZMitch

I have not put nearly as many hours into CK2 as I have EU3, but I find EU3 simpler because you don't have to worry about taking care of individual counts/duchies etc, once you conquer a provence it is yours more or less. They are both great games, my first impression of CK2 just led me to think it was a bit more complicated than EU3.

MRORANGE

Maybe it's behind closed doors? I guess they didn't want any leaks/photo's coming out.

jim-jam-bongs posted a guide on how to get some functionality with xbmc in this thread I believe, if you want a temporary solution.

MRORANGE

No L4D prequel from Overkill

Valve Software has today denied rumors that the Swedish developer Overkill Entertainment, best known for Payday: The Heist, is working on a prequel to Left 4 Dead as had been reported yesterday. The rumor was picked up by a number of media gaming outlets and a vague statement that Overkill Entertainment released certainly didn’t help matters. In the statement Overkill described an unknown upcoming project as a “very cool blend of Payday and Left 4 Dead”.

A prequel explaining how the outbreak happened would be interesting but the gameplay might not be as good
The statement continued: “As perceptive gamers will have noticed, several hints have recently been dropped into Payday: The Heist, which has led to various rumors,” a statement read. “We are excited to be able to confirm that an in-depth collaboration between Overkill and Valve is currently in production.” So it was presumed that a prequel explaining the origins of the Left 4 Dead outbreak was heading our way but this was denied by Valve.

Chet Faliszek, a developer at Valve, stressed that the partnership does not mean that they are going to share duties of the Left 4 Dead series. He said while there would be a creative collaboration between the two studios, he just wants ”to make sure that people don’t think the prequel is coming”.

So there is no prequel but there will be a joint project between Valve and Overkill at some point and that will definitely be a game well worth looking out

it's a shame, Overkill do have some fantastic idea's for games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom