• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else just notice that the "stats" page was messed up for a minute?

Interesting... Killing Floor 2? Super Secret Project 1? Hickory? Waffles???? Ninja Gaiden Z???????

We knew about Yaiba coming to Steam I think.

Arkham Origins Blackgate HD? Awesome. Also, I searched high and low for a retail copy of FM 2010 Korean but couldn't find one. :( 2011 was as far back as I could get.

Interesting... can't say the buzz about the game was good in the Vita thread. I passed on it for $20 around Christmas...

I can't say I'm surprised to see Blackgate coming to PC, too bad that the game itself is pretty awful.

Exactly... I'm willing to try it as a PS+ freebie or for under $15... but I don't know what they'd be aiming for here ($20?) I don't know if that's worth it.

If only we could get things like Hard Corps Uprising or RE4 or DMC1 coming secretly to Steam...

Wow did we get a peak into the developers stats page or something?

A lot of those entries are beta or development subs.

If that information is publicly accessible like that then you may be our only hope to access that on a regular basis Jshacks.

I was gonna say -- the big news here is that Jshackles now is considered a developer. :D

rrs

Note that Next Car Game is on said leak list, I think it's displaying otherwise considered "secret" games.

Caerith

Although I'm pretty sure all Avernum games are on gog. Will check later. I didn't know 4-6 are on steam too, though.
About 10 hours late to this discussion, but I had emailed the Avernum devs back when they did a humble weekly sale to ask about this. Avernum 4/5/6 are on Steam, and the remake of Avernum 1 (Escape from the Pit) is on Steam, and they're working on remakes of Avernum 2 & 3 (instead of putting the original version on Steam).

kevin1025

Banned
I've had dead island epidwmic on my steam for months but never played it. Should I try it? Does anyone here play it?

Looked deeper into things, it isn't a true sequel but rather the MOBA I completely forgot about. From the little information out there, it sounds like it's objective based at times.

Yuterald

So, I still haven't figured out that Achievement notification issue. I've done some research online and have messed around with my Steam/overlay settings and I'm still not seeing them pop up when I earn them. I posted about this earlier in the thread and someone tried helping me out, but I still can't figure out the problem. Anyone else got any other ideas before I just give up and move on, hah!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I was hoping since that list has Murdered: Soul Suspect we would have a release date for it by now, but alas still Q2.

oipic

Interesting... Killing Floor 2? Super Secret Project 1? Hickory? Waffles???? Ninja Gaiden Z???????

Wow, that is some gold you've stumbled upon there, jshack - nice!

Kudos to the devs of 'Unnamed Project' and 'UntitledApp' for playing along and providing a heightened sense of mystery.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Claire isn't new as it was greenlit not too long ago (and releases sometime this year), thought I might bring it to the attention of a few as its had my attention for the last few months.

ClaireBoxArt_Desur.jpg

The way its been described and looks is essentially a 2D horror game that takes inspiration from Haunting Ground, Alan Wake, and Silent Hill. You play as a girl named Claire, who has a dog companion, who finds herself in a reality that is a nightmarish reflection of our own. Here there are shadowy monsters that must be fought off with light. All through this, Claire herself seems to be changing ages. Of course, no explanation right now, the game isn't out.

Game is confirmed to have branching story paths and endings, multiple difficulties and New Game+, and a panic system (ala Clock Tower or Haunting Ground) that causes visual and audio effects when panicking.

Some screenshots:

And a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zztJXkAqa8c

Game was delayed a bit recently as they decided to add more detail to the art, add a few sections they had previously thought to cut to release it sooner, and polish it up more. Hoping it comes out good, but excited~

What game?

Blades of Time.

So I'm getting my new GTX 770 tomorrow. I can't decide what game to try out first to see the sheer beauty.

Steam Games, anyone got any recommendations?

Added. GTX 770 is niiice. It's what I'm running. I'll come back with a rec:

Arkham City is impressive at max settings. I swear I'm well over 60fps.
Hard to see your games, web browser is sucking wind at the moment. Or Steam is.

--

Potential keys someone can use, not sure if they're taken, so I'm not going to bother with modbot. Quote to see:

Gish
Humble indie bundle 2
Cortex Command

Dolken

Neo Member
Claire isn't new as it was greenlit not too long ago (and releases sometime this year), thought I might bring it to the attention of a few as its had my attention for the last few months.

The way its been described and looks is essentially a 2D horror game that takes inspiration from Haunting Ground, Alan Wake, and Silent Hill. You play as a girl named Claire, who has a dog companion, who finds herself in a reality that is a nightmarish reflection of our own. Here there are shadowy monsters that must be fought off with light. All through this, Claire herself seems to be changing ages. Of course, no explanation right now, the game isn't out.

Game is confirmed to have branching story paths and endings, multiple difficulties and New Game+, and a panic system (ala Clock Tower or Haunting Ground) that causes visual and audio effects when panicking.

Game was delayed a bit recently as they decided to add more detail to the art, add a few sections they had previously thought to cut to release it sooner, and polish it up more. Hoping it comes out good, but excited~

I'm not much for horror games but this one looks extraordinarily good. Might check it out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom