• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolly_good_show_by_jenop12-d328nne.gif

Here I am in a foreign country having an internet connection that can't support 144p playback on youtube and where I don't know anybody apart from the people at work. This means I actually have time to play some of my backlogged games I luckily downloaded before I left home! Currently I'm playing through XCOM, but I don't know where to go next. My available games are:

Rome: Total War
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (has to activate on GFWL... I don't think that's possible with my internet :D)
Deus Ex: HR (played it up to the first boss, but I don't know if I should continue..)
Dishonored (low chaos playthrough done, high chaos here i come! :D)
Hotline Miami
Civilization 5
Torchlight 2
Europa Universalis 4
La-Mulana (~10h into the game, dont know if I want to continue without a walkthrough though :D)
Spelunky
Volgarr the Viking
The Walking Dead

Help me SteamGAF!

Play TWD and Volgarr and let the strategy games for when you have a lot of free time.

rtcn63

Just finished Gone Home. Jesus, what an awful game. And people are praising so much its story: what story? Come on, it bets all on a 'just meh' twist. Bad bad game.

I love (Steam)GAF, but I've learned quickly to be skeptical of anything that gets lauded for story or just appears to be the new flavor of the week. Indie games often get hyped up just like AAA titles in the rest of the forum, same trailer different park.

Also I call bullshit on the desktop. He should be up to at least "H-Doujin 9" by now, else he couldn't be considered the enthusiast his shortcuts imply.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Humble Bundle Weekly Sale: Milamber

Not judging either - I think it's awesome actually.

Dr Dogg

Bwhahahahaha.

I supposes over the joy of receiving Prey, cropping out your desktop must be the last thing on your mind.

Dolor

Its so disappointing that Dark Souls doesn't have trading cards on steam. Thats like the one steam title that can easily getaway with having 100 or more trading cards because of all the damn awesome moments/characters in that game. Hope they add some in the future.

Agreed, I didn't even finish the game, and I would probably max out that badge.

Here I am in a foreign country having an internet connection that can't support 144p playback on youtube and where I don't know anybody apart from the people at work. This means I actually have time to play some of my backlogged games I luckily downloaded before I left home! Currently I'm playing through XCOM, but I don't know where to go next. My available games are:

Rome: Total War
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (has to activate on GFWL... I don't think that's possible with my internet :D)
Deus Ex: HR (played it up to the first boss, but I don't know if I should continue..)
Dishonored (low chaos playthrough done, high chaos here i come! :D)
Hotline Miami
Civilization 5
Torchlight 2
Europa Universalis 4
La-Mulana (~10h into the game, dont know if I want to continue without a walkthrough though :D)
Spelunky
Volgarr the Viking
The Walking Dead

Help me SteamGAF!

You've got lots of good stuff going on there, but I would go...

Rome
Torchlight 2
Civ 5
Dark Souls
The Walking Dead

In that order, but most of those games are quite solid.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think Milamber must be confused as to the nature of a videogame called Prey. He's in for a world of disappointment when only some of the doors are actually vaginas.

r3n4ud

Especially that second one where you have to jumpkick for the first time in your life. Really, devs?

Also, Steam just died on me.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yep, Steam shitting the bed here too :/

Steam is probably down.

Sorry, but the steam page you are requesting isn't reachable for now.

If you want to check for yourself, please check here.

Faithfully yours, the Enhanced Steam team.

Thanks for being faithful, to me, jshacks!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mirror's Edge has a load of horrible difficulty spikes.

Maybe it's because I'm using a controller but combat is AWFUL.

It's not because you're using a controller, but you're encouraged to avoid combat as best you can.

rtcn63

Mirror's Edge has a load of horrible difficulty spikes.

Maybe it's because I'm using a controller but combat is AWFUL.

I personally thought it got really bad once you had to frequently deal with groups of swat guys or whatever in enclosed spaces near the end. Never finished the game.

I personally thought it got really bad once you had frequently to deal with groups of swat guys or whatever in enclosed spaces near the end. Never finished the game.

That's where I am, had to stop playing.

While bbefore you could avoid combat, this bit just funnels you through and the mechanics are not suited to it.

Steam getting DDOSed again?

Oh well, I can stop blaming William for walking all over the keyboard then.

He's now having his tummy rubbed as my penance for blaming him.

Oh and poor Milamber :/.

Please don't be too horrible with him SteamGAF.

If I tell you that I don't know what 99% of what those desktop shortcuts are for will you judge me well or badly I wonder :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom