• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Resident Evil 7 looks so good I swear. The most interesting one since RE4.

Anyway, I started up MAFIA II this morning, and I'm at Chapter 7 now. Absolutely loving it!

Ludens

Banned
Resident Evil 7 is a Soma sequel sold for almost 3x the original price, considering you need to pay 80€ if you want everything.
Anyway I'll take MGS on D1, if people want to play coop I'm in.

MUnited83

For you.

0f55RLl.png

Just Cause 3 daily.

Not a real disappointment in sales at 700k owners but the ratings are much worse than its predecessor.
4iiDpgw.png
h5iXAQ0.png

It's mostly because of performance issue I think. To have the game run like it should you should have it on a SSD and preferably more than 8GB RAM. As for the game itself, it's quite a bit better than 2 imo.

KainXVIII

Resident Evil 7 is a Soma sequel sold for almost 3x the original price, considering you need to pay 80€ if you want everything.
Anyway I'll take MGS on D1, if people want to play coop I'm in.

RE7 is the poor man's Outlast (even indie game looks better, especially coming sequel)

Ibuki

Banned
Everybody saying RE7 is an Outlast, an Amnesia, a PT etc. gets so tiring. It's not like Capcom aren't allowed to make such a game.

You are right, they can make whatever they want. Doesn't change the fact that it shares major similarities with those games from what we have seen.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
More Mount & Blade II: Bonerlord siege gameplay from Gamescom

My favorite part was tossing rocks down on folks heads. Also, I've said it before but I think it bears repeating; I want to play the Lord of the Rings mods that will inevitably be made with this game. Some Helmsdeep. Some Minas Tirith. Maybe some horselord charges.

gelf

It really does seem like the FF franchise is the most divisive franchise in history. It's not like each entry is vastly different in mechanics or basic story ("fantasy world X is dying/being destroyed"), either, which makes it a bit of an odd one. *shrugs* Ah, well - I still want to try the DQ games, and I still need to play Chrono Trigger (FF3/6 ate all my time in the 90s, so I missed the opportunity to get around to it).
Not too surprising to me. The mechanics, characters and worlds are different enough in the various installments so a lot of it comes down to personal preferences. It's not been a direct evolution were each sequel has all the features of the previous game and just added more. They tend to throw out features and try different ones.

Jawmuncher

You are right, they can make whatever they want. Doesn't change the fact that it shares major similarities with those games from what we have seen.

Which is a good thing.

It's subjective. By all means it can be a good game regardless, but it's not necessarily what people want to see.

I can say DMC being more of a god of war game is a good thing (DmC). Doesn't necessarily mean I'm wrong, but not everyone is going to agree with that.

It's apparent right now that capcom is going for new fans or people who got off the bus with the action games. Not gonna count diehard RE fans because we'll play whatever is realised regardless.

ArjanN

MG Survive looks awful to me

IMO It looks like their take on those Call of Duty zombie modes except with MGSV assets.

So pretty meh.

On the plus side, throwing the older MGS games on Steam does seem like an easy enough cashgrab that I could see them doing it.

madjoki

It's mostly because of performance issue I think. To have the game run like it should you should have it on a SSD and preferably more than 8GB RAM. As for the game itself, it's quite a bit better than 2 imo.

If only you could fit even one of these 60GB+ games on SSD. I really want to replace my current 240GB with 1TB , but those are still like 300€ :(

Arthea

Hektor knew, I told him as much, he was expecting it, he's fine

Also that's one nice announcement, now we only need WoFF release date and SO5 announcement from SE. We won't get FF15 any time soon anyway.

Hektor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HEKTOR KISS ME WTF ITS HAPPENING

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Somebody's go check on Hektor to see if he's still breathing

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hektor knew, I told him as much, he was expecting it, he's fine

Also that's one nice announcement, now we only need WoFF release date and SO5 announcement from SE. We won't get FF15 any time soon anyway.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tizoc

I saw the Metal Gear Survive thread and I decided to never go in the gaming side again. Its not real if I don't click on it.
Upupupupu

Crom is the light of entertaining games
Monokuma is the darkness of gaming despair
Upupupupu

Hektor

i'm going to give away at least one copy here on steamgaf, maybe even more depending on the price and my financial situation. Hold me accountable for it, ban me if i don't.

Jawmuncher

A nier 1 rerelease for PC would be bigger news. Though guess it doesn't mattsr since automata seems to be its own thing anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A nier 1 rerelease for PC would be bigger news. Though guess it doesn't mattsr since automata seems to be its own thing anyway.

Considering that Squeenix has spent the past two-and-a-bit years filling in Final Fantasy, it dropping the ball with Nier -- a far more recent series -- seems unlikely.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Artifex Mundi #2 Bundle

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (STEAM) +
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (STEAM) +
Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond (STEAM) +

Pay $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 10 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

Princess Isabella: The Rise of an Heir (STEAM) +
Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief (STEAM) +
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk (STEAM) +
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call (STEAM) +
Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (STEAM) +
Mind Snares: Alice’s Journey (STEAM) +
Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/artifexmundi

Hidden Object alarm!!!

sadly I'm only missing two of them...

What an excellent news!
i'm going to give away at least one copy here on steamgaf, maybe even more depending on the price and my financial situation. Hold me accountable for it, ban me if i don't.

I still remember that NieR thread you made! Glad you had your wish fulfilled :)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Considering that Squeenix has spent the past two-and-a-bit years filling in Final Fantasy, it dropping the ball with Nier -- a far more recent series -- seems unlikely.

Yeah but the game for consideration here is made by a defunct company and didn't sell well. The OST outsold the game itself by a lot.
Honestly I'd have more faith if it was FF related.

Otherwise glad Automata is coming!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Squeenix has so much they can legitimately fill in. About 4 generations worth of content still.

Buraindo

Gamescom off to a great start. Glad to see Nier Automata on PC confirmed.
Bannerlord still looking great, looking forward to playing that. Don't know if it's been posted already, but Bandai Namco is teasing a Dark Souls 3 related announcement for the 24th.
They already confirmed that
embarrassing
t-shirts aren't going to be part of this one.

septicore

More console games getting PC ports is always great, especially when it is a highly wanted title.

I hope they'll try to port the first Nier game as I haven't had a chance to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom