• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-F58D79AAF76828CE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-99709849971BEA72 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.

t1471412668z1.png

Hikami

Whew, haven't posted in one of these threads since January of last year apparently.
Had bought all of the Ys games on Steam back then I think. (Image broke and I can't remember.)

Finally finished them all recently and I loved them all. Was wondering if anyone knew of any similar games on Steam.

Tizoc

Whew, haven't posted in one of these threads since January of last year apparently.
Had bought all of the Ys games on Steam back then I think. (Image broke and I can't remember.)

Finally finished them all recently and I loved them all. Was wondering if anyone knew of any similar games on Steam.
Hmmm the ys series are action rpgs
There is gurumin which is by falcom but plays differently
Check out momodora series
1 and 2 are free while 3 and the 4th game are on steam

Hikami

Hmmm the ys series are action rpgs
There is gurumin which is by falcom but plays differently
Check out momodora series
1 and 2 are free while 3 and the 4th game are on steam

Thanks.
Already played gurumin but this is my first time hearing of momodora, I'll check it out.

Tizoc

Thanks.
Already played gurumin but this is my first time hearing of momodora, I'll check it out.
3 and 4 are very well regarded in this thread dont expec tthem to play like ys but they are bound to be a tun experience for you

Velocity 2x now runs properly on windows 10 give it a shot if u like 2d action mixed with shmup

Pixieking

Banned
If any FF6 overrated it's 6. Played it recently and didn't see what all the hubbub was about . With 7 I understand at least.

I'm of the belief that the "best" FF is the one you start with, though I also don't think they really hold-up years after the fact. I played FFIII (VI) on the SNES when it was released, and laid down over 200 hours on multiple play-throughs. It's up there with Dungeon Master on the Amiga as a defining game for me. So much emotion! And, yes, open-world mechanics! So much freedom. But much as I love it, it takes a lot of effort to even get through the first 20 minutes nowadays (much like Dungeon Master, actually).

FFVII I looked forward to so much - it was the game I bought a PS for - but it was such a massive let-down coming off of VI. Waffling story, cliched characters, okay music - all of which could describe VI - but I just didn't care. "Bloodless" would be the word I'd use to describe it.

My next encounter with FF was X. Good times, though I never played it - shared house in my second year of uni, watching housemates try and beat f'ing Blitzball. Goooood times. :p

I'm going to try and get into IX since I bought the Steam version, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I don't think we have a thermite charge strong enough to cut through this.

That game, like Rocket League makes me feel like a noob all the time.
Still fun. But I have no idea what I'm doing.

There was no alarm. :( Or rather, not one that I noticed, assuming it was triggered at all.

Salivating, yet no treat. Pavlov must be proud his research goes on.

Ozium

New MGS game announced for pc. I did not expect that

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1264623

Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.

Umbrella Corps 2!

Mikurden

Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.
Umbrella Corps 2!

good joke plot, but you forgot to put in something about pachinko

*reads thread*

oh

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Konami clearly saw the success Capcom has had with Resident Evil multiplayer and said to themselves, "we could do that, I guess".

Truly we live in a glorious age of big name Japanese companies living up to their new motto, "it's better than nothing".

Mivey

good joke plot, but you forgot to put in something about pachinko

*reads thread*

oh
"Man, that last job was rough. After barely surviving the blast, we were transported through a wormhole into an alternate universe with crystalline zombies and at least one Metal Gear, I thought I was going crazy and we were all going to die. Ahh, the good times."

Tellaerin

I'm of the belief that the "best" FF is the one you start with, though I also don't think they really hold-up years after the fact. I played FFIII (VI) on the SNES when it was released, and laid down over 200 hours on multiple play-throughs. It's up there with Dungeon Master on the Amiga as a defining game for me. So much emotion! And, yes, open-world mechanics! So much freedom. But much as I love it, it takes a lot of effort to even get through the first 20 minutes nowadays (much like Dungeon Master, actually).

FFVII I looked forward to so much - it was the game I bought a PS for - but it was such a massive let-down coming off of VI. Waffling story, cliched characters, okay music - all of which could describe VI - but I just didn't care. "Bloodless" would be the word I'd use to describe it.

My next encounter with FF was X. Good times, though I never played it - shared house in my second year of uni, watching housemates try and beat f'ing Blitzball. Goooood times. :p

I'm going to try and get into IX since I bought the Steam version, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Eh, it really depends. I mean, I started with FF1 on the NES, and my favorite is still FF X. Really liked the XIII games as well. VII and VIII would have to be the two FFs I liked the least - both had unappealing protagonists IMO, though my "meh" feelings toward Cloud paled in comparison to how much I actively hated Squall. The combination of crappy protagonist and VIII's particular systems (junction/draw, one upgradeable weapon for each character) was enough to put me off of the series, to the point where I skipped FF IX (I played it years later) and was ready to give X a pass until a friend talked me into checking it out. (She was right. I'm glad I listened.)

Umbrella Corps 2!

Metal Gear Sliders?

Pachimari

So I went to look in my Mafia II folder, and lo and behold, the soundtrack is there. Unfortunately it doesn't come with any of the music that is found on the car radio in the game? Those with lyrics and everything? Because that is what I wanted.

Deques

So I went to look in my Mafia II folder, and lo and behold, the soundtrack is there. Unfortunately it doesn't come with any of the music that is found on the car radio in the game? Those with lyrics and everything? Because that is what I wanted.
They are not there because probably of legal reasons

Ludens

Banned
A friend told me this:

"This is just one spin-off to praise Silent Hill fans, next year Konami will release a Metal Gear with vampires (Castlevania resurrected) and the year after we'll see Big Boss with Messi on PES cover".

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Freebie -- MB-BB8AC6628B0CA261 - Taken by spacellama

Arthea

Arthea

Ah, I knew this looked familiar. It was originally titled "Hunger".

I don't remember this teaser, that's why I had no idea what that Bamco teaser of few weeks back was about.

edited: this all No Man's Sean
"Sean lied to us"
thingie is blown out of proportions, the game sold above 700K on steam alone! For that price, it's clearly a success, and not "their reputation is ruined". There are 70K people playing a game today. Many devs would wish for failure like this.
And if they'll deliver free updates as their promised with time most will forget about that incident anyway.

Jawmuncher

Metal Gear Survive looks kind of cool, even if no one asked for it. So long as it doesn't have some hunger or thirst meters it should be fine.

Resident Evil 7 gameplay was a fucking snoozefest.

Nzyme32

Metal Gear Survive looks kind of cool, even if no one asked for it. So long as it doesn't have some hunger or thirst meters it should be fine.

Resident Evil 7 gameplay was a fucking snoozefest.

See, I think you and me might be alone in this. I couldn't care less about the drama and even my own distrust of Konami. The concept isn't entirely awful, especially is this take a lot from MG mechanics, utilisation of some form of story etc. As with any survival game on sceptical and want to see moves away from the standard dogma of survival game mechanics in favour of a different take that moves away from overly grindy laborious dull gameplay.

I'm happy to sit back from this vague teaser and see if they can make a good game. If it is good, I'd have no problem getting it. Couldn't give a shit if it isn't "real" MG or even a waste of the MG name / franchise. Just make a good game.

I want those mods!
No Man's Sky Mods are now available for PC to fix a lot of the crap:

Amongst many others.
Don't bother with NoHUD, activating it changes the FOV to 75 permanently. The visual stuff is up for taste but man, Fast Actions is a must! Having to keep hold a button press is one of the dumber design decisions in any game.
New MGS game announced for pc. I did not expect that

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1264623
An MP-only game. Shame.

Is this how it should look with AF set at 16? The blur is quite annoying.

Time to install the latest nvidia drivers and see if no man's sky becomes acceptable performance wise.
Yeah, I just learned last night that ingame AF is borked. Forcing x16 through Nvidia settings did the trick. Helped improve visuals quite a bit.

Jawmuncher

Don't bother with NoHUD, activating it changes the FOV to 75 permanently. The visual stuff is up for taste but man, Fast Actions is a must! Having to keep hold a button press is one of the dumber design decisions in any game.

An MP-only game. Shame.

I don' think it's MP only

See, I think you and me might be alone in this. I couldn't care less about the drama and even my own distrust of Konami. The concept isn't entirely awful, especially is this take a lot from MG mechanics, utilisation of some form of story etc. As with any survival game on sceptical and want to see moves away from the standard dogma of survival game mechanics in favour of a different take that moves away from overly grindy laborious dull gameplay.

I'm happy to sit back from this vague teaser and see if they can make a good game. If it is good, I'd have no problem getting it. Couldn't give a shit if it isn't "real" MG or even a waste of the MG name / franchise. Just make a good game.
Thanks
Pretty much where i stand with it. For me it helps that some of the spin-offs have been really good already like acid. ain't no one asked for a MG card game . But that was amazing. So hoping they do the same thing here .

Parsnip

Lol Metal Gear.

Surge still looks good, but man it's really unfortunate that it doesn't seem to have character creator. I guess I shouldn't have expected it considering Lords of the Fallen didn't have one either, but I wanted to hope.

I started with FF7, and liked it fine at the time, but it didn't have any kind of lasting effect.
My favorite is 12, nothing else comes even close.

Pixieking

Banned
I started with FF7, and liked it fine at the time, but it didn't have any kind of lasting effect.
My favorite is 12, nothing else comes even close.

Eh, it really depends. I mean, I started with FF1 on the NES, and my favorite is still FF X.

It really does seem like the FF franchise is the most divisive franchise in history. It's not like each entry is vastly different in mechanics or basic story ("fantasy world X is dying/being destroyed"), either, which makes it a bit of an odd one. *shrugs* Ah, well - I still want to try the DQ games, and I still need to play Chrono Trigger (FF3/6 ate all my time in the 90s, so I missed the opportunity to get around to it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom