• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Glad I waited on The Beginner's Guide!

Ghazi

I haven't played vanilla Skyrim. Is it okay to just skip it and just play Enderal?

I've been meaning to play vanilla Skyrim, myself, but sheer amount of mods and settings you need to install/tweak for that game is quite overwhelming. I haven't heard from anyone who's played Enderal saying that you need to play Skyrim.

kevin1025

Banned
GC: Infinite Warfare reveals Zombies

GC: Forza Horizon 3 gets new screens

Hitman has reached Bangkok

news_gc_15_minutes_of_the_surge-18214.jpg

GC: 15 minutes of The Surge
From the guys behind Lords of the Fallen.

Also here in high-quality. GC: Final Fantasy XV new screenshots. Looks definitely blurry, very blurry but overall great lighting, textures, models and effects which will make the PC version a looker.

Infinite Warfare Zombies: that's some Sunset Overdrive lookin' visuals. I'm super curious about Infinite Warfare, since it's likely to be my first PC COD title.

Forza Horizon 3: that game, man. The first two were addictions for me, this one looks just as great.

The Surge: That's definitely a sci-fi Lords of the Fallen. Intriguing mechanic, having to hit certain body parts to gain equipment loot.

Adnor

Banned
Yes as it is a separate world you load into. You don't even see the vanilla world.

I've been meaning to play vanilla Skyrim, myself, but sheer amount of mods and settings you need to install/tweak for that game is quite overwhelming. I haven't heard from anyone who's played Enderal saying that you need to play Skyrim.

Cool, I think I'll try it even though I have hundred of hours left in other RPGs that I should play.

Tellaerin

Wait, so you are saying I ... shouldn't play IX? Then which one do I play that is on Steam, oh knowledgeable one!?

What JRPGs have you played, if any, and what did you like/dislike about them? That would give me a better idea of which FF to recommend.

(I figure I might as well throw my hat into the ring too, while people are making recommendations.)

zkylon

zkylewd
considering what little offer is on steam, 7 or 8 are ur best bets, and out of those 7 is just the better one, even if i actually like 8 a lot

also i feel like 7 is an important game to play cos it was such an earth shattering event, so it's probably pretty interesting to play it just to see what made ppl go absolutely crazy in 1997

kevin1025

Banned
my question is will The Surge actually perform anywhere near ok on PC when it comes out...Lords of The Fallen had a lot of issues

Lords of the Fallen ran pretty well for me a couple of weeks back when I put some time into it. I wonder if it had been fixed since those issues. It chugged a tiny bit, but that was likely because of a weaker video card.

Lords of the Fallen ran pretty well for me a couple of weeks back when I put some time into it. I wonder if it had been fixed since those issues. It chugged a tiny bit, but that was likely because of a weaker video card.

a lot of patches and fixes were done after it came out so I'd hope it runs ok now

I was talking about how things were when it came out

kevin1025

Banned
a lot of patches and fixes were done after it came out so I'd hope it runs ok now

I was talking about how things were when it came out

Ah, yeah. I guess the best approach with that studio is to wait things out. The Surge looked a little barebones in the video, but it's a pre-alpha, so we shall see! I liked Lords of the Fallen, what I've played of it, so I'll check out their stuff!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
itshappening.gif

I guess "yay" for fans of Microsoft Edge, all three of you

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lethal League -- MB-728524D9D4439C93 - Taken by Costa1774

Teeth

I hope the Surge is good. Now that Dark Souls is done, I'm hoping there are some decent clones.

NiOh looks great, but it hasn't been announced for PC (yet).

Been trying out Mods for No Man's Sky. All are working well enough except the NoHUD mod which reverts the FOV sadly.
Getting rid of the many screen effects like scanlines, vignette, film grain and CA certainly clears the image but I can see people preferring the vanilla look since it could mask some of the visuals shortcomings. I'll be keeping the mods for now though.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Origin has a good sale on Sims 4 and its expansions. (Yes, 50% off is a good sale in Originland. You... get used to it.)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Authorised seller: $40 at Games Republic (the pre-orders bonuses ought to be included, but since the page makes no mention of them, you may want to ask first)
Reseller: $37 at CD Keys.
Was going to ask this, thanks man :)

ended getting the Deluxe from GMG

Games Republic hasn't responded to any (twitter, facebook, email) messages in the 3 or 4 days since I messaged them. I'm not gonna bother doing business with them if they're that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom