• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

MutFox

Banned
dod_anzio0000.jpg

GG All :p

Of course you bastards have to show off with screenshots. :|

I'm really mystified as to why DOD:S was running like total shit tonight.

zoku88

Heh, the allied forces really got pounded in that match. Hard to believe that we sucked that much even after Deltron left (we did win a couple of matches afterwards, tho, until you guys got your acts together again.)

Heh, it was amusing...

zoku88 said:
Heh, the allied forces really got pounded in that match. Hard to believe that we sucked that much even after Deltron left (we did win a couple of matches afterwards, tho, until you guys got your acts together again.)

Heh, it was amusing...

Ya, we were destroying you guys :D But man was deltron good, kinda made it unfair almost :p

MutFox

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Of course you bastards have to show off with screenshots. :|

I'm really mystified as to why DOD:S was running like total shit tonight.

Did you have any STEAM windows open while playing?
I had DoD: S at 5-8fps the other night, by closing the NeoGAF chat,
and all the other STEAM stuff my FPS went up by 3x.

MutFox said:
Did you have any STEAM windows open while playing?
I had DoD: S at 5-8fps the other night, by closing the NeoGAF chat,
and all the other STEAM stuff my FPS went up by 3x.
I'm fairly sure I did close all of them, but not 100%. That might have been it. :/

I was Jahasrad... second time i played the game... got whooped royally as Allies. It was fun, but I've got to familiarize myself with the game. I'll be there next week.

Stupid question:

I've got the boxed UT2004 at home, any way to activate that on steam so it shows up in the Steam client instead of just being a separate game, or do I have to rebuy it on Steam :/

*edit*

Now when I'm looking I can't even find it on Steam :lol So the UT2004 events are just planned via Steam and played by starting the game on the side?

saelz8

Monday, August 13th

The Steam Community Update Notes:
Added new-and-improved 'add non-Steam game to My Games list' dialog
Improve performance when the overlay is inactive
Fix some overlay hooking failures under Vista due to not being able to get the process handle with all access rights
Fix overlay crash and BSOD in Warcraft 3 (and others most likely) on exit
Added more game support in the overlay
Fix ESC not working properly as the overlay hot-key

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
jakershaker said:
Now when I'm looking I can't even find it on Steam :lol So the UT2004 events are just planned via Steam and played by starting the game on the side?

Now you can!

saelz8

ParticleReality said:
Guys, I can't connect to steam. Is it possible I'm banned?
Haha, guilty conscious? If you are banned, it'll let you know.

Just keep trying, it's probably just a server spike.

krzy123

Via Steampowered forum for those who can't connect:

A Fix
I have a fix, or at least it worked for me. Delete or rename your -
"ClientRegistry.blob"
"Steam.dll"
"SteamUI.dll"

These files will be found in your "C:\Steam" folder or where ever you have Steam installed.

I tried this and it worked for me.

Some good games tonight, the first 4 or 5 were all GAF. Very nice turnout! Don't forget to cast in your vote for what mod we should play on Thursday.

Daigoro

i just bought HL1 Source and im going to launch it after this post. (Source was the right choice, right? should've asked first!)

ive never played all the way through it. ive only played the Dreamcast "version" half way before my copy self destructed. im looking forward to it.

the whole community thing is pretty slick (got me horny enough to interest me in buying HL1 finally). im sure they're working on fleshing it out a good bit too. it should be pretty nice post beta.

now for some Half-Life.

Tain

i just bought HL1 Source and im going to launch it after this post. (Source was the right choice, right? should've asked first!)

Some people are gonna say that it wasn't because the physics aren't accurate to the original. I say that for someone playing the game for the first time, it won't even begin to make a difference.

Much better image quality and the gorgeous skyboxes don't hurt. I ultimately like Source more when it comes to straight-up singleplayer Half-Life.

But it can't run the HL1 mods.

bigswords

Need some help guys. I can install and login into steam. I have already clicked wish to participate in the steam community. But when I try to login into the Steam community with the exact same username and password which allows me to login to the steam client, it does nothing at all. I tried by using the same login but a different password it says "invalid password". Tried using the correct username and password, nothing happened.

bigswords said:
Need some help guys. I can install and login into steam. I have already clicked wish to participate in the steam community. But when I try to login into the Steam community with the exact same username and password which allows me to login to the steam client, it does nothing at all. I tried by using the same login but a different password it says "invalid password". Tried using the correct username and password, nothing happened.
Same here, I stopped caring and just use Steam Community from Steam.

FightyF

Banned
bigswords said:

Try doing it thru a browser like FF or IE rather than in Steam's browser.

I had to do that to join the GAF group.

Daigoro

Tain said:
But it can't run the HL1 mods.

doh! :/

i wish it came with both Source and Original. oh well, no mods for me. its still a fun game. thanks for the heads up.

bigswords said:

weird. try the steam forums i guess, sounds like a bug. when i was already logged into Steam i dont even remember having to log back in to participate in the beta.

I'm probably gonna set the deadline (hopefully, we still have no ideas!) for what mod we'll play later tonight at around Noon Central. So you know, kick in your ideas.

Joe Molotov

Daigoro said:
doh! :/

i wish it came with both Source and Original. oh well, no mods for me. its still a fun game. thanks for the heads up.

Luckily, the Half-Life 1 Anthology is still readily available for under $10. I picked it up myself not too long ago, since I couldn't find my old discs anymore.

Have we decided what mod we're playing tonight? I don't have preferences myself, i just want to make sure I have it downloaded in time.

Gattsu25

Banned
Let me know what mod to get

also, is today a UT day? I have just about every other game I've seen on the playlist, but to be honest I've never played DoD or TFC before...would like to be a part of some of those

Daigoro

Joe Molotov said:
Luckily, the Half-Life 1 Anthology is still readily available for under $10. I picked it up myself not too long ago, since I couldn't find my old discs anymore.

under $15 now. not sure id want to purchase the same game (with worse graphics) again though. it does come with Blue Shift though, which is something...

Gattsu25 said:
Let me know what mod to get

also, is today a UT day? I have just about every other game I've seen on the playlist, but to be honest I've never played DoD or TFC before...would like to be a part of some of those

yes, its UT day. this info can always be found on the Neogaf Steam community page too fyi.

im hoping to be free for CS Friday this week myself. we'll see.

saelz8

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Have we decided what mod we're playing tonight? I don't have preferences myself, i just want to make sure I have it downloaded in time.
I'll be voting for
4thpb0g.png

Or Jailbreak

saelz8

Jailbreak is basically this (For those that don't know).

Jailbreak said:
In Jailbreak, like in many other game types, your objective is to frag the opposing players — but unlike other game types, fragged players go straight into safe custody in the enemy jail when they're killed. To get them out of there, one of their teammates will have to fight his way into the enemy base and trigger the jail release switch that's hidden there (Jailbreak!). It is your task to defend your prison release switch and to free your own teammates when they're in jail. If your opponents manage to get all members of your team in prison, the opposing team will score a point, and your team will die a horrible death.

Jailbreak strongly focuses on team play and forces players to take on different roles for their team as the game goes on: defending their release switch, going into offense to frag opponents, or attacking the enemy base to release your own team members from prison. You'll have to be a versatile player to survive and win a game of Jailbreak.

Top Bottom