• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
We need to get an EU UT game going sometime, it sucks trying to play with 150 ping and trying to compensate for it.

The Stealth Fox

I'm confused, is this for UT? Because Jailbreak and Synergy are HL2 mods...

If it's for HL2, Jailbreak is the best option.

Edit: OH WAIT, there's also Jailbreak for UT. OMG, I'm so damn stupid.

Cheeto

All these mod suggestions are Download-on-demand, right? If not let me know soon so I can remote into my home PC and start a download.

Daigoro

is Sven Co-op for HL2 even out yet?

and, anybody know how do i find mods via Steam again? i cant seem to find them using the beta.

so at the risk of being redundant and laughed at (maybe someone could edit the op) has do i go about joining the NeoGAF group?

never mind. i got it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
We did have an awesome BF2 game where we flew around in a Heli for like 20mins, good times.

FatalT

Banned
Unreal Anthology arrived today so I've got it installed and ready to go. I'll be good for some games tonight after I get off work (in 2 and a half hours). I'll be waiting to find out what mod you're all going to play.

saelz8

FatalT said:
Unreal Anthology arrived today so I've got it installed and ready to go. I'll be good for some games tonight after I get off work (in 2 and a half hours). I'll be waiting to find out what mod you're all going to play.
Carball and Jailbreak.

saelz8

Thursday, August 16th

The Steam Community Update Notes:
Added battery meter in the overlay when running on battery power
Fix an overlay bug with dinput that could break x-axis mouse movement in certain games, like Quake3
Fix for bugs where new chat dialogs can steal focus from a game and/or paint over the game window (even though they may not steal focus)
Optimized overlay performance and compatibility
Reworked Friends invitations to behave better
Fixed bad stutter and flicker effects on AMD DualCore CPUs with the overlay fade and notification toasts slide up/down
Removed size limits on invite-only (private) groups
Fixed friends message notifications not showing in game if you left their chat window with focus before last closing the overlay
Made overlay compatibile with running multiple games/applications from steam at once (for instance running hlds, and a source engine game)

FatalT

Banned
Alright cool, I downloaded and installed both mods. I'm going to a showing of Superbad tonight though so I'm not sure how long or if I'll be able to play much.

Great turnout tonight. Had a lot of folks for Jailbreak, and less people for Carball, but that was still fun before a pro came in and showed us how it was really supposed to be played. Oi.

OatmealMu

Jailbreak was fun. It's too bad the map download kept screwing up in Carball. And now do you know why I asked if the server was empty? :lol Seasoned Carball players are brutal.

Joe Molotov

Jailbreak was fun. I hadn't played it before, but it didn't take long to figure out the basics. It reminds me of Jailhouse Dodgeball from elementary school. :D

Hooker

Is anyone else's CS:S really unstable with the launch of Steam Community? I think the overlay is making it crash :(

Hooker

Hmm, could be it. I walk with the scoreboard on most of the time so it's very possible that had something to do with it.

And I HATE the standard overlay shortcut. Walking and looking at the scoreboard makes that thing pop up. Thank god you can change it

Daigoro

i havent had any problems with the tab button or scoreboard while playing CSS.

i may or may not make it for CS night tonight. Fridays are usually pretty bad for me as im usually hanging out with friends.

lets make Mon-Thurs CS:S nights instead! :p

saelz8

This is the current weekly schedule

Monday - DOD (1.3 and Source rotation)

Tuesday - UT2K4

Wednsday - Break

Thursday - UT2K4 Mod Vote

Friday - CS:S

Saturday - Break

Sunday - Break

I need to organize some European events since i'm the only European admin in the group apparently oO

To all European GAFers, what games do you own and at what time of day are you free to play?

Metalmurphy said:
I need to organize some European events since i'm the only European admin in the group apparently oO

To all European GAFers, what games do you own and at what time of day are you free to play?
I have CS:S, DOD:S, HL2DM and Battlefield 2. I could maybe make some room for UT2k4 (I have a laptop, so I can't have many games on it at the same time). Evenings/late afternoons work best for me.

Mr Jared

Oh snap. You can play UT2K4 through Steam? I'll have to install it and join up. I've been looking for an excuse to play again for what feels like years.

MutFox

Banned
I would have played today, but I had REALLY bad traffic after work...
LIKE REALLY BAD!
Took me almost 3 hours to get home. (Usually a 20 min comute.)

But I will play next Friday, if all goes well... (Probably around 7pm PST.)

Has the PC demo for Bioshock been released? I see people playing Bioshock in the Neogaf STEAM chat room. That's the real Bioshock yet right?

Top Bottom