• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

MutFox

Banned
Razoric said:
not sure if this has been posted yet but Peggle Deluxe is now $10 on steam. well worth the money. get it!!!

For some reason, when I bought the Orange Box I got that game too, even though it's not included.
(After the purchase it was one of the games it asked if I want to install.) [Peggle Extreme]

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Razoric said:
not sure if this has been posted yet but Peggle Deluxe is now $10 on steam. well worth the money. get it!!!

Yep, pick it up on the cheapish. Even worth it at full price though.

Joe Molotov

MutFox said:
Ahh, ok... :p
Having the word Extreme makes it sound, I dunno... Like a sequel. :p

Well, it is sort of. It has 10 new Orange Box themed levels. Peggle Deluxe has 55 levels though. I played through both of them over the weekend, pretty fun stuff.

MutFox

Banned
Well I got HL2: Ep1 downloaded, going to play for the 1st time... :D
Heck with the Orange box all I really wanted were TF2 and Portal,
and for the price of both of them I got a lot. :p

Can't wait to play TF2 at 10fps... (Get 10-20fps in CS:S :p)

MutFox said:
And have the random headshots from CS: S. :p

Make it like an Arcade 50cents a pop :p

Quick edit this post before they consider the idea. I'd probably get addicted to something like that :( Has there been any talk of releasing peggle extreme outside of orange box preorders?

1-D_FTW

I finally caved and pre-ordered the Orange package. Figured I'm gonna be behind the eight-ball enough on TF2, I don't need people getting a head start with the beta too.

1-D_FTW

I can't believe I've gotten sucked into Peggle. I thought the GFW crew was nuts for their Peggle obsession, but now I realize:)

1-D_FTW

Joe Molotov said:
It'll be midnight tonight.

I want to
Believe.

Half-Life 2 was midnight PST. But it was announced beforehand. So I'd imagine it's not happening that early for TF2 (Since there's no announcement.)

Aegus

Teknopathetic said:
Keep in mind, the dedicated server tool isn't even out yet, so the chances of a midnight release are slim.

Won't it use the Source Dedicated server like all the other Source games? (I assume they do since I don't see specific CS or DoD DSs)

"Won't it use the Source Dedicated server like all the other Source games? (I assume they do since I don't see specific CS or DoD DSs)"

Yes, but all the files necessary for it aren't (completely) released for it yet. I believe that last 118mb extra that they added on friday/saturday was some of the files needed for the dedicated server, but not all of them.

Joe Molotov

Half-Life 2 + Episode 1 is now #8 on the Steam Top Sellers list at $24.95. Words fail me.

YOU PEOPLE, WTF ARE YOU THINKING???!!! THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Joe Molotov said:
Half-Life 2 + Episode 1 is now #8 on the Steam Top Sellers list at $24.95. Words fail me.

YOU PEOPLE, WTF ARE YOU THINKING???!!! THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

THEY HATE VALUE

OatmealMu

Has anyone received random invites to Steam groups? Just got one from the The [-Q-] Clan. No idea who they are. Are people using Search to randomly invite people to their groups?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Are there any Europe based events around a more reasonable time than 2am as that is quite late, maybe we should get some GMT based events if we have enough people intrested! :D

Falch

Label said:
Are there any Europe based events around a more reasonable time than 2am as that is quite early, maybe we should get some GMT based events if we have enough people intrested! :D

I'm definitely up for that. Something like 20.00 or 21.00 GMT+1.

Label said:
Are there any Europe based events around a more reasonable time than 2am as that is quite late, maybe we should get some GMT based events if we have enough people intrested! :D
We need some kind of mod or pseudo-mod dude for us euro gaffers TO THE THUNDERDOME!
Two men enter, one man leaves

Kamakazie! said:
What about having a "NeoGAF - GMT Edition" group or something?
I tried it once, 4 people showed up. But maybe it was because no one has Battlefield 2 :p

We still did great games though :p

I also asked here once how many Europeans were using STEAM, but I didn't get many replies, but we can always try again.

Metalmurphy said:
I tried it once, 4 people showed up. But maybe it was because no one has Battlefield 2 :p

I also asked here once how many Europeans were using STEAM, but I didn't get many replies, but we can always try again.

I think Battlefield 2 was the problem. I've had problems getting anyone to play non-Valve made game with the other group i play with, even mods like Insurgency or The Hidden are tough ones to attract people too. I guess there are enough players for them but it ends up that only 30% of the people can make it at that time/date.

Like i said in the TF2 thread, EU people are welcome to add me to their friends list and come join in when i am playing. Should have a good group of us from my other community playing tomoz night.
I just hope there are enough servers to cope!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Metalmurphy said:

Lets try it again if you could using TF2 or CS:S or something ;)

There does seem to be plenty of people from Euroland using steam and I am sure they will be intrested in playing with us (I hope so anyway :p)

Maybe someone could make a new thread to stir up some intrest.

One more Peggle victim :p
popcapgame1-2007-09-17-16-3.jpg

Label said:
Lets try it again if you could using TF2 or CS:S or something ;)
I'll try it with CS:S first, more people have it probably.

pestul

Just pre-ordered Orange Box for that absurdly low price (given the combo). My brother in law is going to love that I can give him HL2 as a gift. Thank you strong Canadian dollar.

I'll just have to finish some work before then, and I'll be all set to play for the rest of the night. This Monday is heart-attack free for gamers.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I LOVE the Steam beta community!
I've already added neoGAF to my list of groups...What games do you guys usually play? CS? TFC?

*First post FTW*

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Nice...I haven't played UT2k4 in a while.
Maybe I could join you guys later in some matches...sounds like fun.

Top Bottom