• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

datruth29

I'm off work in 10 minutes. Takes me about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get home. If the great Lord loves me, TF2 should be fully loaded and ready. If not, then look the fuck out because I might kill somebody.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There may be class action suits filed if the beta is not forthcoming. And rightly so, the damages would be huge considering the amount of people in the prospective class.

Just an heads up. I posted an European CS:S event to start at 10PM GMT (in 1 hour) just to see if we get enough players at this hour. US members are free to join.

MutFox

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Just an heads up. I posted an European CS:S event to start at 10PM GMT (in 1 hour) just to see if we get enough players at this hour. US members are free to join.

In 1 hour TF2 might be out... :D

Sanjay

whats people scores on Peggle Extreme? i got 2.7mil on my first go every playing this game. its very good. might pick it up, only 5 quid.

Joe Molotov

Sanjay said:
whats people scores on Peggle Extreme? i got 2.7mil on my first go every playing this game. its very good. might pick it up, only 5 quid.

3.7 Million for me in Extreme. :D The full game is well worth it too, very fun.

Maggo007

Got a server error message and couldn't join anymore. :(

Now it's to late beause I need to get some sleep. Nice rounds nevertheless.

EURO!

StephaneC

i'm the best CS Source player on GAF :D (i'm Zangalou)

nuke 9/3 (first map)
piranesi 21/4
assault 17/5
dust2 (tero) 24/7

127313383120070918010247.jpg

Well the event turned out great, guess 10 PM GMT is ok for Euro events.

Some pics:
de_nuke0002.jpg

de_dust20002.jpg

de_cbble0007.jpg

cs_assault0000.jpg

de_cbble0004.jpg

de_cbble0006.jpg

And some cheater decided to ruin our fun:
de_dust20001.jpg

Luckily we made him leave pretty fast :p

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good game's guys! That turned out to be a great success :D

I really cannot wait for the TF2 action 2moz. And damn I started off so well then started playing like crap (although not too bad as I have not played normal CS for over a year!), though I did get a damn sweet rampage with the MP5 at one point in Dust :lol.

Hopefully sometime we will have some UT2004 games }: D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Did steam community just crash? :lol
It wont let me log into the neogaf chat. Just seems to sit there doing nothing. Maybe its a sign!!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
evlcookie said:
Did steam community just crash? :lol
It wont let me log into the neogaf chat. Just seems to sit there doing nothing. Maybe its a sign!!

Same just happened to me, just got back in but still nothing. I got all excited too ;p

Joe Molotov

I bought a game today on Steam, and it said that the game couldn't not be activated because the server could not be reached, and that I would be notified when the game was activated. That's been a few hours ago, and still nothing has happened. It shows up in my Game List, but when I click on it, it just says that activation is still pending. Has anyone had this happen before?

Doytch

Joe Molotov said:
I bought a game today on Steam, and it said that the game couldn't not be activated because the server could not be reached, and that I would be notified when the game was activated. That's been a few hours ago, and still nothing has happened. It shows up in my Game List, but when I click on it, it just says that activation is still pending. Has anyone had this happen before?

Nope. It's probably because of all the TF2 hubbub.

Daigoro

Joe Molotov said:
That's what I figured, but it's annoying because I was looking for something to play for a few hours before TF2 hit.

thats annoying. probably just a bad day to try and activate a new purchase. :/

Doytch

Joe Molotov said:
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakening

I was going to make a post about in the Valve forums, but apparently their forums are down too. :/

Oh man, the Consolevania review for that was hilarious. They shit all over it. :lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well this sucks, the Steam chatroom is full with 50 people in it, was hoping the limit would be a bit higher.

Joe Molotov

Doytch said:
Oh man, the Consolevania review for that was hilarious. They shit all over it. :lol

The reviews were mixed. Some people really hated it, but then it got really good reviews from GameSpot and IGN. I'll give it a shot.

...or I would if Steam would let me.

I'm not sure if its because im running on an iMac in bootcamp or if its because i'm running Vista, but I can't click on anything in the steam community stuff in game, it shows up but its inaccessible, does anyone else get this issue? is there a fix?

thanks

Big-E

Just got a new pc and this is my first time with Steam. What games are you guys mostly playing? Is everyone in on the TF2 beta?

Big-E

I was wondering if you guys cab help me with a problem I am having. I bought company of heroes on team but it will not load, I will keep getting an error saying that the game is unavailable at this time. All my other Steam games work except for this one. I have been looking on the net and it seems to be a common problem with other titles but the fixes described are not working. Have you guys seen this before?

I was curious if anyone was interested in starting up, the more or less, nightly matchups we used to have on steam again. Everything kinda fell apart once TF2 came out, but if people are interested just post in here I guess and maybe we can get some get together nights going again.

It'd be nice to. I guess we could start getting something BESIDES TF2.

Perhaps a TF2 night, obligatory CS:S night, UT3 night, and maybe Enemy Territory: Fail Wars if we could get a decent amount of people who bought that trash to play (I think I'm getting it free with an 8800GT, might as well use it).

This should also go into the Online forum.

Top Bottom