• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

So hypothetically I felt like playing Assassin's Creed game and I have finished 1, 2 and Brotherhood. Should I buy Pirate, French or British edition from Steam Winter Sale? I also have Revelations, 3 and Freedom Cry but from what I understand first 2 aren't really worth the time and Freedom Cry I'd rather play after I'm done with Black Flag in case I choose to buy that. So what say you? Price, graphics and how good the game is period are all factors.

Revelations is better than what a lot of people give it credit for.
If you care about Ezio and his story at all, it's a great book end to that. It also gives some good closure on Altair.
Mechanically it's pretty much the same as Brotherhood. It's also the last AC game with Jesper Kyd score (about half of it anyway) if that's something that might spark your interest.
And you own it already.

If you care about Ezio and his story at all, it's a great book end to that. It also gives some good closure on Altair.
Mechanically it's pretty much the same as Brotherhood. It's also the last AC game with Jesper Kyd score (about half of it anyway).
And you own it already.

Revelations is my favorite game in the series. Though i still have Rogue, Unity, and syndicate to play.

Endruen

Maybe when they add in other stuff like NPC (fighting/peaceful) and some other mechanics other then oxygen and power.

As of right now, its just collect and sell + terraform the lands.

It's pretty barebones right now, but it has a great foundation. In fact, I can totally do with what's already in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man the difference of Hitman Absolution and Hitman 2016 is massive. The latter really feels like the older games.

Mechanically it's pretty much the same as Brotherhood. It's also the last AC game with Jesper Kyd score (about half of it anyway) if that's something that might spark your interest.
And you own it already.

I really enjoyed Revelations as well. I wouldn't play it too close to Brotherhood as it is very similar and you might get fatigue from it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess we know that one of the weekend deals at least will be star wars stuff since everyone is doing Rogue One related sales

Sendou

And you own it already.

Revelations is my favorite game in the series. Though i still have Rogue, Unity, and syndicate to play.

Nice I think I'll give it a go! Just was a bit put off by the hate it gets on some places. Might still get either Black Flag or Syndicate from the sale depending on the prices.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The only good parts about Revelations was the CGI Trailer with Iron and the Altair parts.
Story moved zero and the town and the gameplay was bad

The only good parts about Revelations was the CGI Trailer with Iron and the Altair parts.
Story moved zero and the town and the gameplay was bad

I completely disagree. The story was really interesting and the town was about perfect match for ACs combat and traversal system. Plus the architecture was significantly different than any of the other games except maybe 1.

Plus i dug the hook climbing at well as the tower defense minigames.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Long time ago me and my brother Kyle here, we was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome road.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon in the middle of the road.
And he said:

Enter the best giveaway on SteamGAF, or I'll eat your soul.

I approve of the giveaway and Dave Grohl satan.

Phinor

Nice to see that PC Gamer made the correct choice for GOTY.

I can't disagree with that choice but I do wish the game had better.. well, story. Or perhaps more story? Any story even? In fact it might be better if there was no story and it was just individual assassination missions with self-contained stories which is kind of where the game leans anyway.

Give it a chance anyway, especially now that the beta patches have mostly fixed the issues and the game should come out of beta/early access next week.

Anno

I can't disagree with that choice but I do wish the game had better.. well, story. Or perhaps more story? Any story even? In fact it might be better if there was no story and it was just individual assassination missions with self-contained stories which is kind of where the game leans anyway.

Give it a chance anyway, especially now that the beta patches have mostly fixed the issues and the game should come out of beta/early access next week.

I'd actually be fine if it was just self contained missions. It's close enough to that anyway. The worldbuilding is what I want more than overarching story for sure. So I guess I'm glad they went with something like the DOOM opening where the exposition is over in a couple minutes and you're off to choke dudes.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah... The level system kind of ruins it. It goes from really difficult (you are here), hits a nice parity partway through, drops off a cliff towards the end, and then jumps way higher than ever before in Bitterblack Isle/NG+.

I think I would've enjoyed it a lot more if it had a soft stat system like Dark Souls, or went entirely level-less. Like, I had a lot of fun overall, but I don't really want to ever go back to it, in spite of how much I totally could.

Anyways, the pawn and D&D party stuff are awesome. Really wish it got a sequel.
yeah, the game is, for good or bad, like taken from a different era, it's hard to imagine it came out not that long ago

Anno

Not HITMAN or Planet Coaster? Garbageeeee.

I suspect Hitman would've had a great shot before Dishonored released. Most of those guys played a ton of it and almost always spoke highly on the game. Like them I just think Dishonored is a more interesting and fun take on what's basically the same genre.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Only launch of Early Access.

This is worth noting http://blog.astroneer.space/p/day-1-multiplayer-and-beyond/

Multiplayer version 1 would feature no matchmaking, no dedicated servers, no host migration, no game lobbies or otherwise complicated state flow. It would be straightforward co-op where one person could join another person’s single player experience, and only if those people were friends. A limit of four players was later established, and there would be little to no in-game UI for multiplayer sessions. Joins would happen via platform friends lists. This is what the game will release with on December 16

Astroneer is built with Unreal Engine 4, employing a strict server-client model, where the server is the authority for all game state. The host machine therefore has a tremendous CPU load, increasing linearly with the number of players in the game. This is made especially difficult because if all players are simultaneously in different areas of the world, the host has to generate and maintain collision information for every player, while processing all of the terrain deformations they might be performing. By capping the player count we bound things to what current hardware is reasonably able to handle and buy some time to improve the networking core in future iterations.

Tizoc

1 week til Winter Seal. Dunno about you scrubs but I'm ready
VqQIqR7.gif

Guess I'll get the draft for it written up for whoever wants to post it at least.

Grief.exe

Nice to see that PC Gamer made the correct choice for GOTY.

Not HITMAN or Planet Coaster? Garbageeeee.

Bloodborne The Card Game on Tabletop Simulator was robbed.

Glad I have this coming tomorrow from the Dell $20 deal.

I'm surprised it wasn't a PC exclusive release or a game that appeals more to the demographic such as Xcom 2, Rimworld, Factorio, Planet Coaster, Civilization VI, Stardew, Stellaris, World of Warcraft expansion, etc.

I'm not saying Dishonored 2 is a bad game by any means, but it was a huge year for the platform and to just toss out a random AAA multiplatform release just seems to be a wasted opportunity.

Bundlestars Jedi Knigh Bundle - 3.99

Dark Forces + the 4 Jedi Knight games

What store was the other Star Wars bundle on? With X-Wing, Rogue Squadron, etc.

dex3108

And you own it already.

For me ACR is amazing game. From setting to music and characters they did great job. Also Welcome to Kostantiniyye and The Crossroads of the World are also great but in general Yesper did amazing job. But i must say that Lorne is my second choice his Main Theme for ACR and AC3 soundtrack are also really good.

I'd actually be fine if it was just self contained missions. It's close enough to that anyway. The worldbuilding is what I want more than overarching story for sure. So I guess I'm glad they went with something like the DOOM opening where the exposition is over in a couple minutes and you're off to choke dudes.

That's where the game lost, mostly. The first game really felt like a lived-in city.

The maps in this felt really segmented. Like any given side of a Rubik's cube that is still mostly mixed up. Little interchangeable puzzle pieces, instead of a city's map. I could feel the suspense of sulking around lift off during those between moments.

Not bad by any means. But I was a big fan of the first. This one really felt like a letdown.

Nzyme32

Member Stanley Parable?

Member also how it was a chinese 2D Action game?

Me neither

Yeah, keep hearing about this, but avoiding investigating it in favour of just buying it. Particularly with a Stanley Parable type vibe, it seems best to go into it with as little knowledge as possible

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Have they changed something on the update mechanic of Windows 10 beside the larger updates?
I bought a new Notebook two weeks ago and thought that it would update automatic like Windows 7 did but it seems like I have to go to the update menu to start the download... Is this really how its supposed to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom