• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

And here's the new one I'm replacing it with:

837d0088e06c04b31b0ab804cdc983e4.png

Do you guys think it's an improvement? Also anything you think worth small changes for, or should I try something else?

It's an improvement, but personally, I'd change the Red part of the title to blue to match the color shift in background graphic.

Tizoc

Darksiders Warmastered

Aww I thought there'd be another free remaster up for grabs :p

Just had a crash but I think it was due to my net connection messing up steam.
The reamster is pretty good and overall I'm enjoying it all over again.

EDIT: Winter Seal can't get here soon enough
O7LJXR.gif

Granjinha

great battle system
great dungeons where you have to manage resources so you won't die midway and go back from the beggining
nice character relations (from the main ones)
great visuals and an amazing soundtrack

who would've guessed that FFXV would end up pretty fucking good huh

can't wait for the PC version (Tabata plssssss)

Nzyme32

What a ride this year has been; by that I mean catastrophe best simulated with the mod for this game that can lead to a park of chaos and death

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe -- MB-91162C17211B6944 - Taken by GAMEPROFF

great battle system
great dungeons where you have to manage resources so you won't die midway and go back from the beggining
nice character relations (from the main ones)
great visuals and an amazing soundtrack

who would've guessed that FFXV would end up pretty fucking good huh

can't wait for the PC version (Tabata plssssss)
I disagree. It's horrible.

Unless you're being sarcastic here.

Lomax

Ittle Dew 2 bombed: http://steamspy.com/app/395620

The 20$ price tag wasn't a good decision. I'm guessing it could easily have sold 5-10x better for 10$ (the price tag of the original).

I enjoyed the first and would like to play this but the $20 price tag was just an instant nope for me. Even at $10 I probably would have balked but I'd have at least considered it. As much as I feel bad for saying it, the value of the Humble Monthly was just the final nail for ever spending over $10 on a game, it's just impossible for me to justify it now. Which no doubt means in a couple years we won't have nearly as many good indie games coming out, but as it is I have a lifetime's worth of games to play now anyway.

Tizoc

How is the game now? I recall it having mixed impressions for aome time

I enjoyed the first and would like to play this but the $20 price tag was just an instant nope for me. Even at $10 I probably would have balked but I'd have at least considered it. As much as I feel bad for saying it, the value of the Humble Monthly was just the final nail for ever spending over $10 on a game, it's just impossible for me to justify it now. Which no doubt means in a couple years we won't have nearly as many good indie games coming out, but as it is I have a lifetime's worth of games to play now anyway.
Did you buy hitman and doom 2016?
Also the humble monthly is $12

Wok

It is kind of the opposite for me. If I see a great game which I have been anticipating for months (or years), I buy it near release, because I know it won't be in the Monthly for at least 6 months, more likely for a a year. However, if I am mildly interested in the game, I might not bite anymore at the $10 price tag, because, hey, I can wait, I will get 6 games this month anyway, and this game will be featured in a monthly bundle sooner than it could ever be featured in an indie bundle before.

Lomax

Did you buy hitman and doom 2016?
Also the humble monthly is $12

No, I bought a World of Warcraft expansion sad to say. But that's the point with humble monthly, I spend $12 a month and I already have a ton of the best recent indies to play. Just off the top of my head I have Satellite Reign, Rebel Galaxy, Stardew Valley, and Kentucky Route Zero all sitting unplayed from the monthly and I know there's a lot more. That's saying nothing of non-indies like Dragon's Dogma. Why should I spend $20 or even $10 on Ittle Dew 2, even if it's something I'm really interested in, when it will probably be in either the monthly or another bundle in a year or two at the most? I know I'm not the typical consumer, but I liked the first Ittle Dew more than most, so I'm definitely their target audience.

sprinkles

Not having read anything at all about FF XV - is it any good? Good enough to buy now instead the inevitable PC version 6 months down the road? And what is Kingsglaive?

Tizoc

No, I bought a World of Warcraft expansion sad to say. But that's the point with humble monthly, I spend $12 a month and I already have a ton of the best recent indies to play. Just off the top of my head I have Satellite Reign, Rebel Galaxy, Stardew Valley, and Kentucky Route Zero all sitting unplayed from the monthly and I know there's a lot more. That's saying nothing of non-indies like Dragon's Dogma. Why should I spend $20 or even $10 on Ittle Dew 2, even if it's something I'm really interested in, when it will probably be in either the monthly or another bundle in a year or two at the most? I know I'm not the typical consumer, but I liked the first Ittle Dew more than most, so I'm definitely their target audience.
Fair enough
Im following a similar approach where for some games inwont buy them unless instart playing them soon

Uzzy

Taking title suggestions for the next SteamGAF thread. If you've any recommendations for the OP, send me a PM.

Grief.exe

Not having read anything at all about FF XV - is it any good? Good enough to buy now instead the inevitable PC version 6 months down the road? And what is Kingsglaive?

Always wait for the PC version fam.

I suggest reading Jason's review on Kotaku, it seems to be a mixed bag overall. Excellent combat and visuals, some of the tones, some of the mechanics, and the side quests are can be a mess due to the fractured development.
He seemed to enjoy himself and yes especially liked the combat and the ending.

Madn

I remember some themed bundles of great games (metroidvania, puzzle, etc.) in one of the past sales but couldn't find them in this last one. Where they a one time only thing? I had many games in my wishlist that were part of it (Salt & Sanctuary, Shantae, The Witness, SuperHot) but didn't have the money at the time.

Jadax

Ok, I'm having a little issue playing some games - can someone help me out.

I can play FM, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, Dota 2, CSS without any problems - but when I play something like RE5, Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite I get this stuffy/weird feeling - and can't play them for long because I actually start to get like a 'sick' feeling. I know motion sickness is a thing, but Skyrim barely has any bobbing, or fast-paced movement.

I used to be able to play those games before (I've completed all 3).

This is just annoying me now, I have to actually stop playing a while and watch something before I can continue playing them.

rtcn63

I can play FM, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, Dota 2, CSS without any problems - but when I play something like RE5, Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite I get this stuffy/weird feeling - and can't play them for long because I actually start to get like a 'sick' feeling. I know motion sickness is a thing, but Skyrim barely has any bobbing, or fast-paced movement.

This is just annoying me now, I have to actually stop playing a while and watch something before I can continue playing them.

Increase the FOV?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's not uncommon for a low field of view to trigger motion sickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom