• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

ibn Saïd;225727638 said:
my autumn sale haul:

Just Rusty Lake for me.

Everything I plant to buy (around 15 games) is saved up for the Winter sale, or maybe even the "Game Awards" Sale or the inevitable "Steam Awards" Sale

Phawx

I bought one of those newer XB1 controllers that have Bluetooth support and, man, Microsoft really improved the hell out of the design with some subtle changes.

So happy that it can work over bluetooth now so I don't need a dongle.

Nzyme32

SteamSpy: 38% of all Steam games were released in 2016

OOUp2pQ.jpg

I bought one of those newer XB1 controllers that have Bluetooth support and, man, Microsoft really improved the hell out of the design with some subtle changes.

So happy that it can work over bluetooth now so I don't need a dongle.

Yeah totally, I thought the same thing when I bought mine. Such a finely tuned controller, dare I say perfect.

Nzyme32

Maybe it'll be announced by PSX '16.
Honestly at this rate, they're likely working on too many projects to announce when those projects are ready for release. Optimization takes time ya know.

Maybe. Then again, maybe they will just drop it prior or at the start of the Winter Sale. Or maybe they just don't. Or maybe the Steam Awards is an outright parody of the Game Awards, except with Steam related "world premieres". Who the fuck knows any more.

Nzyme32

In fairness, pretty fitting. This is literally the current personification of Steam, right down to self injuring and then carrying on

From my point of view this whole "open gates" / "Valve ain't as much of a gate keeper" approach has been fantastic for me. I end up playing far more games from developers I'd never heard of and I end up loving those games a ton, as well as trying game types I usually wouldn't. I'm yet to see this prophesied apocalypse where there are too many games or I lose all cognitive ability to comprehend how to search for games I like of read the internet

Anno

Patch 1.2 for DH2 solved most of my issues (I didn't have a ton to begin with to be fair), but beta 1.3 that just came out today has done away with them almost entirely from what I can tell. Just ran around in an area where I would occasionally drop to ~50, did my best to freak out the camera and I think only dropped to 59 once or twice. Other than that rock solid 60 with no stuttering on high with a 970. Also motion blur can now be turned off yay.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh Black Lagoon on Netflix, time to see what all the fuss was about.

This is still the anime thread right?

Angelina

Banned
i brought oath in felghana and it doesnt seem to work with a xbox one controller, it acts like im always pushingup/down on joystick and constantly scrolls through main menu,

anyone able to help and advice if it can work with xbox one controller ?

Lain

Shenmue 1+2 HD!
Yakuza 1+2 HD localized!
Virtua Fighter Collection Vol. 1 (VF1-3+Kids)!
SHINOBI+NIGHTSHADE+SHINOBI 3DS BUNDLE!
PLATINUM TRIPLE PACK (AR+BAYO1+VANQUISH)!
Sonic Colours!

I don't see a single PC game in that list of yours.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like the second half of the hitman season is much weaker than the first

haven't played hokkaido yet but i found bagnkok and colorado pretty unfun, and in general i feel like the game doesn't really escalate in creativity as it goes on the same way maybe blood money did

like i wish there was something super crazy and impressive and memorable like the new orleans level or like the opera level or whatever, and specially levels like colorado don't lend themselves to the goofy shenanigans that happened on like sapienza or whatever. like i liked the idea of killing 4 different people but i kind of just did the same on everyone cos they didn't have intersting ai routes or anything, and all the cool ways of killing them are super scripted which feels like not the way i want to play the game

i want to like drop a beam on their head but i want to have like 6 different beams and i want to be able to choose and time that myself with their route, the opportunity stuff is fine and i like it but i think there should be a lot more opportunities outside of it

at least in colorado which was pretty lame

i'm also weirded out why you're "kind of a good guy" in this situation? like you're stopping coup d'etats and going after terrorists and shit? i want a scummier 47, i want to kill innocent people :>

Lomax

One would assume the amount of games added would plateau at some point, even if every game ever made eventually ended up on Steam.

source.gif

Some extras from bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-04FD7C77C95A3166 - Taken by CheDominik. 3 entrants total.
Shooting Stars -- MB-6C50432D796E70CC - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes -- MB-001EFE3ED3D3EC27 - Taken by texhnolyze. 14 entrants total.
Hidden Mysteries Civil War -- MB-D549D8AE6E6A586C - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Press X to Not Die -- MB-FDBD0AC9F4DB1C15 - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.

t1480565842z1.png

Started playing Dishonored 2 after official 1.2 patch dropped, framerate was more consistent, but sometimes it suddenly drops to 30s while I was doing nothing in a small quiet room, this game is weird.

Oh and 1.3 beta patch is here.

zkylon

zkylewd
Started playing Dishonored 2 after official 1.2 patch dropped, framerate was more consistent, but sometimes it suddenly drops to 30s while I was doing nothing in a small quiet room, this game is weird.

cool, will try it again

i ended up dropping resolution for hitman to 1680x1050 and that got me a pretty steady 60, will see if i can get the same result with disho2

i freaking want to play more of it if it didn't run like crap -__-

rtcn63

Hopefully the game will finally be fixed when it hits $20 for Xmas (cause you know it will)

Buraindo

Blues and Bullets - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)

Added IgnorePurchaseDateForRefunds – true

https://steamdb.info/sub/72343/history/?changeid=2497732

I guess it's officially dead now.

Edit: Now removed from store, Ep1+2 still available.

Shame. Episode one was all right.

This is nice. Been curious to try AC3 but not enough to actually get it. Just hope it's less tiresome than Revelations was.

Anno

The new fig game looks fun. Kind of a medieval SimCity/Stronghold looking city builder/castle defender. Graphics look really nice, too. Already funded with over a month to go and set for ~Q2 next year.

rtcn63

WD2 has been available for like ~$30 because of the Samsung/Nvidia promos. I sold my copy because 1) fuck Uplay, it still freezes for so many seconds every time I boot it up 2) no more open-world shit for me unless the core gameplay is cock-stroking fun.

It's on the #1 spot for me.

Shows as #1 overall for me?

That list is based on your region. It's number one here in the US.

#1 in the US.

How do I see global top sellers now? I think it was defaulted on global for me before the big update last month.

I also remember that there's some kind of button to switch from global to local. Maybe it was Enhanced Steam feature?

Anno

How do I see global top sellers now? I think it was defaulted on global for me before the big update last month.

I also remember that there's some kind of button to switch from global to local. Maybe it was Enhanced Steam feature?

It's just an option for me when I look at the top sellers summary on the front page. I can choose either see more Top Sellers or Global Top Sellers from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom