• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I dont know. Playing DQ Heroes now, I notice the thing I hate with DQ games. Their whole texts are so slow.
Saving? Need to talk to the church and she will ask you a bazillion times if you are sure whether you wanna save.
Dialogues that go on forever.
Wanna continue? Hey. Let the church girl talk again instead of directly playing.

This is something I am curious if actual Japanese fans of the series still like? One thing they should do is make it so that if you enter a Church, the game autosaves. Add in a Save function so that you can save at any time and anywhere but when you load the save you continue from a Church.
Some archaic stuff can be easily resolved.

This is something I am curious if actual Japanese fans of the series still like? One thing they should do is make it so that if you enter a Church, the game autosaves. Add in a Save function so that you can save at any time and anywhere but when you load the save you continue from a Church.
Some archaic stuff can be easily resolved.

Sure, but I was actually surprised they still have it in DQ Heroes. I mean everytime someone new joins you, you have to listen to a 10 second jingle..

It just feels so archaic, like you said.

Knurek

Is there a way to setup Big Picture mode to show two or three recently played games on the title screen?
Currently it only shows the latest entry with two ads ('played by your friends' and 'don't forget to try'), which is annoying considering I toggle two games at a time and have to constantly go into the bigger 'recently played' section whenever I switch games...

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dyscourse -- MB-FF85F17502442957 - Taken by Nzyme32
Metrocide -- MB-773EF43B529C9E3E - Taken by texhnolyze

yuraya

Starting a playthrough of Divinity Original Sin

Any tips or hints I should know in advance? Mods?

Just enjoy the experience and don't worry about looking for tip, hints etc. Its a brilliantly designed game. Don't look up anything online until your absolutely need it.

Ludens

Banned
I feel like if I follow the plot only in FFXV, the game will be much shorter than Uncvharted 4. Like I played 40 minutes and I did two chapters.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Shadow Warrior Classic Complete GOG -- MB-16EF298A9B333EDD - Taken by Hakkelus

Enjoy

Any option so that Steam directly downloads game updates instead of putting them in some sort of queue?

Everytime it wants to update, the game somehow has a random time when it downloads them like "15:23".

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 -- MB-653FBD818026E500 - Taken by Motorbreath
Enjoy

Starting a playthrough of Divinity Original Sin

Any tips or hints I should know in advance? Mods?

Make sure one of you initial 2 can summon. From first fight to last, my Witch summoned her spider as her first move. It takes the pressure off you early on and that Spider can kick some serious at times.

gurm3n

Neo Member

Damn, I bought it a few months ago! Still, it's great that a lot of people will be able to try this amazing game.

How does this game compare to the 2nd one? Is it good?

I liked it better than NWN2, but maybe that's because I spammed the shit outta this game when I was younger and I got really used to it. It's certainly not as buggy as the 2nd. Also, even if it's a D&D CRPG, it still lacks full party management (you can only fully control your main character).

How are the coins valued?

Afaik the longer you have them the more they get worth and the more people use them, the more valuable they become.

The problem is, you can only use them one time. I have two, each worth around 11$, but if I use one for a 3$ bundle, the remaining 8$ of that coin I couldnt use.

Deques

lol that's an amazing scam.

How is it a scam? The coin was bundled with a previous bundle. The imagination value is set by Groupees by themselves. And if you buy any bundle from them they get nothing. You also lose nothing

Eila

Afaik the longer you have them the more they get worth and the more people use them, the more valuable they become.

The problem is, you can only use them one time. I have two, each worth around 11$, but if I use one for a 3$ bundle, the remaining 8$ of that coin I couldnt use.

I believe they go up in value when others use theirs. So the fewer they are the higher their value, or something like that.
I spent the two I had when they were worth like $5 or something. Groupees seem super dead by now so I don't really regret it. But someday, there might be a cool expensive bundle and you'll be able to get it for free.

gelf

The market has expanded so much and user base so, presumably, varied, the definition of "good" can range even wider that that 10-20%. Subjectivity and all that. The play times and user reviews kind of show how with flat ability to present (equal footing for "shelf space") and overall depressed prices, the notions of "good" come down to self selection.

People will mostly buy what they like and like what they buy.

World of Goo was one of the BIG THREE in the 'indie revolution' of the seventh gen. World of Goo, Braid, and Castle Crashers were the break out hits that drove a lot of the zeitgeist behind that media push.

I'd still rate World of Goo in the top 1% of "indie" titles on Steam. I'm not sure what's changed so much that we're now in a world where it's not considered as good a game. It would have more chance of being lost in the shuffle though. I suspect I may not have given it a chance now in this crowded marketplace and I'd be missing out.

Edit: Castle Crashers though. Even as a fan of the genre I can barely understand how that thing got so well received in the first place so I guess little competition could explain it.

Wok

I'd still rate World of Goo in the top 1% of "indie" titles on Steam. I'm not sure what's changed so much that we're now in a world where it's not considered as good a game. It would have more chance of being lost in the shuffle though. I suspect I may not have given it a chance now in this crowded marketplace and I'd be missing out.

I have never really enjoyed World of Goo. The concept is nice but the gameplay is tiresome.

World of Goo was one of the BIG THREE in the 'indie revolution' of the seventh gen. World of Goo, Braid, and Castle Crashers were the break out hits that drove a lot of the zeitgeist behind that media push.

To me, the big three would be the games featured in Indie Game: The Movie, so Braid, Super Meat Boy, and The Binding of Isaac Fez.

Edit: Maybe you are right and I actually were late for the indie revolution.
Braid won the Excellence in Design award at IGF 2006, Castle Crashers won the Excellence in Visual Arts and Audience awards in 2007, and World of Goo won both Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence awards in 2008.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any option so that Steam directly downloads game updates instead of putting them in some sort of queue?

Everytime it wants to update, the game somehow has a random time when it downloads them like "15:23".

Nope. A "Disable queuing of game updates" option is sorely lacking.

user237

You can buy bundles with them.

Somehow the only bundles worthwile to buy are sometimes the erogebundles.

The catch with those coins is that you can't get change from spending them.

So if you have a coin worth more than the typical groupees bundle cost of $2 or $3, you have to wait for the more expensive eroge bundles in order to get your money's worth.

Uzzy

How does this game compare to the 2nd one? Is it good?

The original NWN has the greater number of user made modules, but the official campaigns are a bit naff. NWN2 has a naff official campaign, but an all time classic expansion in the form of Mask of the Betrayer.

Pixieking

Banned

Best you're going to get is go through the queue and click "Download Now" on every game. That'll start one game (the last you clicked "Download Now" on) downloading, and then the next will automatically start once the previous game has finished. I did this last night and went to bed, and everything downloaded by morning.

Wok

I noticed that the really quite excellent mobile puzzler Lara Croft GO is being ported to PS4 and Vita. Hopefully that means it'll join Hitman GO and get a Steam release at the same time.

I have recently seen a thread about how Hitman GO was going to be monetized with micro-transactions on top of the entry price of the game. So if this business model comes to Steam as well, I am not sure that I want these games.

Apart from this, I am more excited about Lara Croft GO than Hitman GO.

Was that not Deus Ex GO?

I cannot find the thread, so I might have mistaken the games. Too many GO games already, I am confused.

AHA-Lambda

I have recently seen a thread about how Hitman GO was going to be monetized with micro-transactions on top of the entry price of the game. So if this business model comes to Steam as well, I am not sure that I want these games.

Apart from this, I am more excited about Lara Croft GO than Hitman GO.

Was that not Deus Ex GO?

Nope. A "Disable queuing of game updates" option is sorely lacking.

We should keep a running list of WANTS for Steam, whether it's browser, client or mobile, and add this to the OP.

My first submission to the list would be key redeeming on either browser or mobile, preferably both.

yuraya

So who does SteamGAF think will win GOTY in the Keighley awards show later today?

I think Overwatch just based on shear popularity will take it. I can see EA writing a check to make sure Titanfall 2 wins tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So who does SteamGAF think will win GOTY in the Keighley awards show later today?

I think Overwatch just based on shear popularity will take it. I can see EA writing a check to make sure Titanfall 2 wins tho.

its a keighley show so obviously Uncharted 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom