• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my debit and credit card yesterday D:

I'll get new ones on monday but I'm hoping there won't be any good deals until them. Thank Gaben this isn't Christmas week.

Knurek

RECE6Ad.jpg

Steam port, Capcom, pretty please...

So Steam added over 4,000 new games this year alone?
Isn't that larger than the total number of games for the PS4 and XBox One combined?

I feel like if I follow the plot only in FFXV, the game will be much shorter than Uncvharted 4. Like I played 40 minutes and I did two chapters.
As someone who just finished the main story, if I didnt do some side quest, monster hunts, hunts, optional dungeons and weapon upgrades like I did, I think I would've finished it in 13-14 hours. Some chapters are abruptly short and some are really long. The only thing is in some later chapters, enemies have a huge spike in difficulty for no reason (like fighting level 25-30 monsters in one chapter and facing level 45-50 monsters in the next chapter) and you might have to grind for some levels if you didn't do many side quest unless you are a master in combat and can handle them.

Grief.exe

I feel like if I follow the plot only in FFXV, the game will be much shorter than Uncvharted 4. Like I played 40 minutes and I did two chapters.
As someone who just finished the main story, if I didnt do some side quest, monster hunts, hunts, optional dungeons and weapon upgrades like I did, I think I would've finished it in 13-14 hours. Some chapters are abruptly short and some are really long. The only thing is in some later chapters, enemies have a huge spike in difficulty for no reason (like fighting level 25-30 monsters in one chapter and facing level 45-50 monsters in the next chapter) and you might have to grind for some levels if you didn't do many side quest.

That's also a completely arbitrary metric for measure.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ubinota -- MB-E72C4451CC0BA128 - Taken by dave is ok
A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda EX -- MB-C148227EFEDB9605 - Taken by Deques
A.R.E.S. -- MB-57AE23CD84E93CAA - Taken by Anteater
Sword 'n' Board -- MB-4A52305FAA842797 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Samphi -- MB-31B168DB0A6892FA - Taken by voodooray
GooCubelets: OCD -- MB-BBDDE3028E582C74 - Taken by septicore
Our Wonderful World -- MB-421E4066801F6A1E - Taken by madjoki
Vektor Wars -- MB-3B22E6BC4ADABE85 - Taken by Abomination

Backlogger

The number of games on Steam has never hindered my ability to buy games on Steam. I am not the type to try to use the stores tools to "discover" new game or content. I know which games aren't coming out and what I want to buy. While I don't see the point of letting all these trash games come to Steam I also don't feel it really hurts me in any way.

Wow Xenus 2! I seriously was looking on ebay earlier this year for a copy. I even thought about trying to buy someone's beamdog account to get one. Very cool.

Grief.exe

Hopefully with Capcom reviving the franchise, and the new game probably hitting PC, they'll bring the older games too. I'm not big into fighting games but I have a lot of nostalgia for the first two MvC games and would be cool to try them again.

Licencing might be difficult given the troubles they seem to be having with the X-Men brand being spread out.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So what are people betting one going to win the TGA GOTY tonight?
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Uncharted 4 but I really hope the rightful winner, DOOM, gets it.

mp1990

Banned
Licencing might be difficult given the troubles they seem to be having with the X-Men brand being spread out.

That makes sense (although I remember reading in one report that "there would be good news for fans of the previous game", but now I can't find it so I most probably imagined it),

I'd say that the 'rough' animations are part of the serie's identity in a way.
I mean, the OBJECTION animation is one of the biggest offender but we all love it.

I'd agree if we were talking about the first trilogy, but the animations in 4 received a major improvement compared to the previous games, so losing frames is a bigger deal.

Anno

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Uncharted 4 but I really hope the rightful winner, DOOM, gets it.

Overwatch and UC4 are the most likely I think. Between the two I'm pulling for Overwatch but don't care too much either way.

Parsnip

Wasn't part of the Marvel rumor that it would less Xmen and more dudes from the cinematic universe?

Looking at the countdown to the Keighleys, it's going to be pretty late.

But I still kind of want to watch it, love them dumb award/marketing shows.

I'll be surprised if it's not Overwatch, that has the broad appeal to win this sort of award. I think it should be DOOM from the list of nominees since Dark Souls III isn't on there. After finishing the campaign a couple of days ago I'd put Titanfall 2 as my #2 game of those nominated and Stardew Valley as the other game that was robbed.

madjoki

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/dollar-mega-bundle

28 games for -C$1.34 / $1.00 / £0.95 / 1,13 €

-- ABC Coloring Town
-- Balloon Blowout
-- Barnyard Mahjong 3
-- Bayla Bunny
-- Block Blowout
-- Chess Knight 2
-- Dessert Storm
-- Fabulous Food Truck
-- Fantastic 4 In A Row 2
-- Fantastic Checkers 2
-- Kitty Cat: Jigsaw Puzzles
-- Ludo Supremo
-- Mahjong Deluxe 2: Astral Planes
-- Mahjong Deluxe 3
-- Mahjong Destiny
-- Mahsung Deluxe
-- Mini Golf Mundo
-- Murder Mystery Adventure
-- Mystery Of Rivenhallows
-- Pepe Porcupine
-- Puppy Dog: Jigsaw Puzzles
-- Puzzles At Mystery Manor
-- Puzzles Under The Hill
-- Sweet Candy Mahjong
-- The Hidden Dragon
-- Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed
-- Where's My What?
-- Bubble Blowout

rtcn63

I just got let go from my pizza job because business was too slow or I was too slow or maybe I just should replay RE4 at 60fps.

GKB

So these are the first batch of Yogscast Humble Bundle.

• Psychonauts
  • Bit Trip Runner 2
  • Kholat
  • Back to Bed
  • Guilty Gear XX
  • TF2 Badges
  • Datlof Print & Play! (a game made by one of the yogscast member)
  • Goat Simulator (Day 2)
The rest will be revealed every day until December 31st.

So these are the first batch of Yogscast Humble Bundle.

• Psychonauts
  • Bit Trip Runner 2
  • Kholat
  • Back to Bed
  • Guilty Gear XX
    [*]TF2 Badges
  • Datlof Print & Play! (a game made by one of the yogscast member)
  • Goat Simulator (Day 2)
The rest will be revealed every day until December 31st.

what?

Lomax

What the explosion of games on steam has really meant is low end bundles are now full of garbage steam keys, instead of garbage non-steam downloads. And that the new releases tab is useless.

Vuze

As long as UC4 doesn't get it, it's all good. Just so undeserving.

But who am I kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom