• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If anyone has a copy of Evolve left I have about 7$ left in my PayPal.

On another note, how come is the November thread early? I do like the smell of a new thread though....

It's not all that early. Orange lives in the UK and it'll be the 1st in a few hours.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
icyewtQLfSlFI.png

air 2 for steam looks pretty rad. it's like all white and shit

tho i kinda hate that rounded square thingie icon for maximizing with all my passion

Kinda like the general aesthetics of the Air skins, but they always do something that annoys me. I want more control over the colors here - the only thing you can edit so far is just the focus color. I want to change the bar at the top from such a bright blue as well as making the white more gray. It's just too bright for my tastes. Plus, I stopped using AIR after he kept cutting features from the overlay that I actually used. Seems like Metro will still be my go-to.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey i know this is completely off-topic. But those of you whom I helped get a copy of Evolve. Could you do me a small favor and go to the B/S/T 2015 thread and leave me a feedback? I need to build up my streets creds. Gotta represent.

Thank you <3

tjohn86

Really upset I missed that Evolve error.

That seems like probably about the right price for the game after I playing the alpha.

Oh, yeah, unreleased games don't show up on Steam Community unless you're a dev.
Hey, Jase thanks again for answering about Arma2.

Just one more unrelated question. I got the 200 listings-message from Steam Market. As someone who is not from US, Steam won't send tax stuff to my departments here in Germany, right? Can I fake the form or better fill out correct?

Last question. This time for real.

iosefe

i'm not sure how i feel about Air 2. it's just too damn bright. if it came with a dark theme i'd be all up on it

Hey i know this is completely off-topic. But those of you whom I helped get a copy of Evolve. Could you do me a small favor and go to the B/S/T 2015 thread and leave me a feedback? I need to build up my streets creds. Gotta represent.

Thank you <3

No problem. Gave you feedback.

Man, it's been a while since I visited a Steam thread since Destiny came out. But I'm trying to wean myself off of it and revisit my Steam library.

Happy Halloween guys!

derExperte

Hey, Jase thanks again for answering about Arma2.

Just one more unrelated question. I got the 200 listings-message from Steam Market. As someone who is not from US, Steam won't send tax stuff to my departments here in Germany, right? Can I fake the form or better fill out correct?

Last question. This time for real.

Fill it out correctly. Because if you ever bought something through the US store they'll want more documents.

Evo X

Was hoping the Dark Souls 2 season pass would go on sale this Halloween. Guess we have to wait for the winter sale.

Dr Dogg

Top stuff as always MRORANGE and everyone who contributed.

While I'm here and not hiding from trick or treaters can I reserve a recommendation for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for next month? Technically written already but needs some editing down (a bit like Kojima's games).

Oh and also you have 29th December listed as the cut off in the OP which might be a little late :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fill it out correctly. Because if you ever bought something through the US store they'll want more documents.

Also, within the last few weeks there were a lot of people who got perma-banned from trading for filling out this form using fake details.

DukeBobby

It looks like I missed the Evolve madness.

If I cared about the game, I'd probably be a little upset.

Still, $5 though. Well worth it.

Alright, fellow citizen ;)
Will do. But what do you mean by buying something from the US store? I thought it's impossible to buy from different regional stores?
Also, within the last few weeks there were a lot of people who got perma-banned from trading for filling out this form using fake details.
Oh, one more reason then. Thanks.

Pakoe

Well, they patched Evolve but it still doesn't work lol.
Get in lobby with other people>kicked because full.
Get in lobby with other people>server disconnect.

derExperte

Alright, fellow citizen ;)
Will do. But what do you mean by buying something from the US store? I thought it's impossible to buy from different regional stores?

It is now but there were glitches/loopholes back in the day or some people (me) used VPN a few times ('til banhammer).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was hoping the Dark Souls 2 season pass would go on sale this Halloween. Guess we have to wait for the winter sale.

Don't forget, there is also usually an "Autumn Sale" in late November. It started Nov 27th last year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Interestingly, I moved from Canada to the U.S. and contacted them to switch my account over but they haven't yet asked me for updated tax info. No idea what the scoop is there

oooooooooooohhhh november thread, LETS GET IT!! So hype that i was able to snag 2 copies of evolve :)

Interestingly, I moved from Canada to the U.S. and contacted them to switch my account over but they haven't yet asked me for updated tax info. No idea what the scoop is there

... why would you move to the US when you live in canada? canada sounds awesome, its like I've never heard of anything bad happening over there.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is I Have No Mouth worth it? I love point and click adventure games, but the steam reviews seem pretty lukewarm.

It's so worth it, if only for Elison's voice acting as AM.

Brief impressions I posted in another thread of the game.

This is a game plagued by the downfalls of the point and click adventure genre, including the usual obtuse puzzles and occasionally bug, but if you can overlook those, I Have No Mouth is a twisted disturbing ride that you should experience. The game expands on the short story's plot, giving back stories to the five main cast and largely not following the original plot, though there are a few references to it throughout the game. Each of the five characters has their own development over the course of their scenarios, which can be positive or negative depending on your moral choices in the game. Each of them has some flaw that, during each of their scenarios, they're pitted against and may or may not overcome in a chance for redemption; Ellen, for example, is deathly terrified of the color yellow, and the main point of her scenario is confronting her fear in addition to escaping AM. In my opinion, three of the scenarios are excellent, one is less great but still good nonetheless, and one is mediocre/average border-lining on bad (mainly because the puzzles become exceedingly obtuse), as well as a bonus final scenario that is overly complex yet interesting and rich in psychological themes. The gameplay is typical for a point and click, and is sometimes hampered by bugs, including instances where your character walks backwards. The animation isn't really the best and is dated. The art direction, on the other hand, is excellent, and much like the developer's other game Darkseed, is very much in the style of H.R. Giger. The backing soundtrack is good. The voice acting is spot on, especially AM's, voiced by Harlan Ellison himself. The narrative is dark and disturbing, filled with events that should make the player squeamish, including themes, that are at least alluded to if you've read the short story, of genocide, lust, homosexuality, rape (probably what made me the most uncomfortable), and clinical insanity; some were even too dark to include in the game, such as eating a baby. It's a narrative that is interesting on multiple levels, and everyone should experience through one form or another.

I was pretty surprised that none of the older Alien games were a part of the Halloween sale. I'm also annoyed that Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime is 75% off but the DLC is not discounted at all.

It happens twice a month now... it detracts from the conversation in hand if everyone starts doing it.

I don't see the harm in it. At most, it's usually a handful of people, and it's done by the second page. Think of it as people praising your efforts.

I kind of like the fact that our community is so friendly that it's become this kind of tradition.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Great Valkyria write-up dr. dog, I'll grab it -- that is Valkyria Chronicles -- for sure this month, even though it's Smash, SMT and Bayonetta time, most of the time

MRORANGE

Top stuff as always MRORANGE and everyone who contributed.

While I'm here and not hiding from trick or treaters can I reserve a recommendation for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for next month? Technically written already but needs some editing down (a bit like Kojima's games).

Oh and also you have 29th December listed as the cut off in the OP which might be a little late :p

Whoops, that's been fixed and you've been listed for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, thanks again for your support :)

Dr Dogg

Hell of a write up there, Dr.Dogg

Which one? Unity took me 2 weeks to come up with something vaugely intresting and ended up being that whacky bit there. Where as I scrambled to get something together for VC on short notice (like 2 hours) and ended up writting over a 1,000 words. Lets just say I like Valkyria Chronicles, a lot!

Man, it's been a while since I visited a Steam thread since Destiny came out. But I'm trying to wean myself off of it and revisit my Steam library.

Happy Halloween guys!

Doesn't the first DLC pack come out in early December? I get the feeling Destiny will be sharpening its teeth waiting to get stuck in to a lot of people again. Still the lure of the Winter Seal is stong.

Whoops, that's been fixed and you've been listed for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, thanks again for your support :)

Brilliant, cheers. I always end up gushing over what ever late port is flavour of the month anyway and at this rate I'm sure we'll be surprised with something else in Novemember head from consoleland to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom