• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick, US folk, Red, White or Blue?
f-sony-dualshock-4-czerwony.jpg
f-sony-dualshock-4-bialy.jpg
f-sony-dualshock-4-niebieski.jpg

White, all others look like fisher price toys.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this is a ALPHA KEY not the actual game, from Jawmuncher who asked me to post this while he plays real life call of duty

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Evolve -- MB-3D4FF94E15F07B53 - Taken by Rayge. 5 entrants total.

t1414791912z1.png

again this is THE ALPHA NOT THE ACTUAL GAME

zkylon

zkylewd
ps4 controller still looks super ugly to me

i like the shiny thing on the back but i hate that it has like little socks and i dunno i just hate everything about it

the xbone controller isn't so great either, looks super bulky

Looks nice, I'd consider switching to it but with the amount I play at night, I need to use a dark skin.
yeah i was thinking that too

i'll prolly go back to pixelvision in a few hours lol

Hope they make a black version, not feeling the white and blue combination.
i like the colors but it's kind of way too bright i think

i can barely read some of the stuff

What is this event Agustin Cordes is going to be talking? I tried to quote you from the previous thread, but it was closed already.
it's called "eva". it's a gdc-esque thing we have in argieland every year around this time

it's mostly argie people talking about how much it sucks making games in argieland but we've had some cool people visit like jonathan blow, james portnow of extra credits fame, the god that is raph koster and some other lovely folks and folkettes

my dream is that someday warren spector will come. or anyone obsidian

but prolly warren spector so i can ask him if he can be my dad forever

Kinda like the general aesthetics of the Air skins, but they always do something that annoys me. I want more control over the colors here - the only thing you can edit so far is just the focus color. I want to change the bar at the top from such a bright blue as well as making the white more gray. It's just too bright for my tastes. Plus, I stopped using AIR after he kept cutting features from the overlay that I actually used. Seems like Metro will still be my go-to.
yeah i really wish all these skins allowed you to customize them more. metro is also really bad at that

i like changing skins tho so imma go with this one for a beet

My, you have an extensive Uplay library!
Nice redesign of the client though, I guess Ubisoft does care about PC...
i know rite

they're even selling gba emulators and shit

Some time this month. There's no firm date yet.
that's not soon enough T_T

i'm gonna summon the shit out of four kings

i hate four kings

i really really hate four kings

Deitus

I don't see the harm in it. At most, it's usually a handful of people, and it's done by the second page. Think of it as people praising your efforts.

I kind of like the fact that our community is so friendly that it's become this kind of tradition.

Eh, I'm not one to be a stickler for rules when it comes to on topic posting, but it does get out of hand with everyone commenting on the fact that there's a new thread. At one point it got so bad that Stump basically deleted more than half of the posts in the first two pages of the thread, because it was all variations of "new thread already?" You say it's only a handful of people, but a lot more people would do it if it wasn't against the rules (I know I've made a "Wow new thread already" post or two in the past).

At this point, I think it's fair to say that "new thread smell" is implied and doesn't need to be said, especially repeatedly. If you want to praise Mr Orange for his efforts, you could certainly just post about that. I also like that our community is so friendly, and I'm perfectly okay with the tendency people have to go off topic at times (within reason), even though I know many aren't. But I also think that when people post they should have something to say, and not just repost the same thing 10 other people on the same page have posted.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, if you want to post about the new thread smell, add it to a post that has more substance.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
is there anyone who can help me get Evolve still (for a reasonable price)? anyone at all? please ...

Is there a fun local only co-op that is on steam today? Some of my friends will go to my house by the next weekend just to lounge around, but I'm just the venue locator / host of this event. They are sick tired playing CS and MOBAs so any quirky ones anyone can suggest?

iosefe

Is there a fun local only co-op that is on steam today? Some of my friends will go to my house by the next weekend just to lounge around, but I'm just the venue locator / host of this event. They are sick tired playing CS and MOBAs so any quirky ones anyone can suggest?
Speedrunners, which coincidentally is on sale, though it can also be online

Nabs

Guacamelee STCE has a 4-player co-op mode in beta right now.

If you're looking for multiplayer/versus, you could check out Lethal League and SpeedRunners. Both games are a lot of fun with friends.

Local Co-Op only and looks mad fun.

Castle Crashers

Nzyme32

Top stuff as always MRORANGE and everyone who contributed.

While I'm here and not hiding from trick or treaters can I reserve a recommendation for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for next month? Technically written already but needs some editing down (a bit like Kojima's games).

Oh and also you have 29th December listed as the cut off in the OP which might be a little late :p

ooo, looking forward to that write up to tide me over till I get my hands on it!

Nidhogg, Gang Beasts, SpeedRunners, Final Exam, to name a few.

Shadownet

Banned
Lol I just checked the Evolve Steam Page. 91 friends have a copy. I love price glitch XD especially when they're games that haven't came out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom