• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
GIVEAWAY
header.jpg

tumblr_nkfr27M3lv1uofb9ho1_500.png

I will be doing a contest to giveaway a copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation. Make a drawing with the theme TOP NEP, with whatever tools you choose. A winner will be chosen in 24 hours.
Well I'll do this for fun.
b8Zu1xk.png

Happy friday!

Nice giveaway, sir.

Pretty much.

Didn't they say it'd be $20-30 range? I'd still get it for that price anyway.
I mean we did get TiTS SC for $30, so what does it matter if DD DA is same price or higher?

I think DDDA is supposed to be $30.
TiTS SC is priced a bit high, IMO.

Is everyone in this thread studying or are already Engineers?

RF Engineer here

I'm a scientist, dammit.

That works for me, I doubt I would be able to tell the difference between 120 and 144 FPS anyways.

First time playing a Capcom game on the new monitor actually.

But... but... but... those 24fps... you need them for ultimate smoothness and responsiveness.

Regginator

By the way, will Dragon's Dogma have some form of online when it hits Steam? That'd definitely up the chance I'll buy it day 1. I just couldn't adjust to the sub-par frame-rate on PS3.

RF Engineer here

Communications engineer here. My job is so far away from my educational qualification that my degree is possibly less useful than toilet paper :\

I just looked at the new releases and what the shit
Six pages of Disney Infinity DLC. By god.

Train Simulator blazed that path. Now no one even blinks an eye when this shit happens.

pahamrick

Nope. You made pawns and your friends used them. That's it, as far as I understood the system.

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't played DD to the end and beat it.

There was also the dragon fights that shared damage, so it took the entire community fighting it to kill it, and depending on the damage you dealt you got better loot when the community finally killed it.

GIVEAWAY
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/

I will be doing a contest to giveaway a copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation. Make a drawing with the theme TOP NEP, with whatever tools you choose. A winner will be chosen in 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wkKN9sx.jpg?1

Okay, what did I win? nobody can't compete with redheads

Regginator

Buy the way, not sure if this is the thread for it, but you can snatch Deus Ex MD for 39€ on GMG with the 22% off voucher: FACEYO-URFEAR-S22PER

Arthea

Screw situations, you bought SC to support it right?
So you buy DD to support it as well, $30 or otherwise.
$30 is a good price point to me and one could put as many hours into DD as they would into TiTS SC.
Had I known any better I'd say you have double standards :V

Besides this being Capcom their games show up on Nuuvem and GMG no? You can always get it cheaper from there.

Let me pre-order now Capcpom~

I don't get what you are saying, I already supported it by buying unplayable version, what we get now is a late port that might turn to be playable. I expect lower price, yes.

SC isn't a late port, or port, it's a new release.

Dragon's Dogma is one of those games that was never realistically going to come to PC. And yet PC gamers kept asking and hoping for it to happen for a good 4-5 years. It's a minor miracle that it actually happened so I can see why people would want to buy it to support it. Let Capcom know that their decision to port it wasn't a mistake. $30 isn't a bad price for a complete version (game + expansion) that is upgraded to run properly on PCs.

dex3108

Dragon's Dogma is one of those games that was never realistically going to come to PC. And yet PC gamers kept asking and hoping for it to happen for a good 4-5 years. It's a minor miracle that it actually happened so I can see why people would want to buy it to support it. Let Capcom know that their decision to port it wasn't a mistake. $30 isn't a bad price for a complete version (game + expansion) that is upgraded to run properly on PCs.

When RDR comes on PC that will be real miracle (i know Jase, it is coming).

Arthea

None of those matter: If it's a good game and good effort was put into making available on a service/medium like Steam, it'd be worth the price of admission.
TiTS SC and DD fit those 2 points so they're well worth their price.

says who? It matters for me or I wouldn't talk about it.

TiTS SC is priced a bit high, IMO.

why exactly? You do know why it haven't been released all these years, don't you? Because localization of Trails games is expensive, in case you don't know.

edited: that redhead is not Nep Nep period.

Yeah, they said themselves that they don't want to do that, but it seems to have naturally happened anyway as they got more popular. Plus, there was that ridiculous blowback they got over on of their music videos.

EDIT: case in point, just saw a video on OT, of only Lauren singing a song with The National.

um...Yeah. Watch the video for Leave a Trace....

Regginator

Exactly, maybe other publishers will get convinced to release their games on PC

LOOKING AT YOU, ROCKSTARRRR

I don't get what you are saying, I already supported it by buying unplayable version, what we get now is a late port that might turn to be playable. I expect lower price, yes.

SC isn't a late port, or port, it's a new release.

New release my ass. It's a PSP game that was never translated and brought to NA/EU before.

why exactly? You do know why it haven't been released all these years, don't you? Because localization of Trails games is expensive, in case you don't know.

$30 for a niche JRPG that had been stuck on PSP all these years? Yeah, that's high.
Granted, FF Type-0 had been ported to X1/PS4 before PC, but that launched at $20 on PC.

But you'd probably say $40, $50, $60 were fine for Trails because you seem to lose all reason when it comes to that game franchise.

Steam has warped a lot of people's value perception. It happened to me as well. After the russian bear died it took a while, but I actually started paying full price for games I wanted again instead of waiting for a sale, and was surprised that it's in fact not the end of the world.

Trails SC for $30 is incredible value, objectively.

Tizoc

Not to mention it's a game that one could easily put 100 hours into.
Speaking of which, what're wolves afraid of again?

Arthea

New release my ass. It's a PSP game that was never translated and brought to NA/EU before.

$30 for a niche JRPG that had been stuck on PSP all these years? Yeah, that's high.
Granted, FF Type-0 had been ported to X1/PS4 before PC, but that launched at $20 on PC.

But you'd probably say $40, $50, $60 were fine for Trails because you seem to lose all reason when it comes to that game franchise.

Why are you twisting the picture? localization is a new release and god dammit, Trails is not a PSP game, it is a PC game, maybe you should know your facts first, then make any argument?

OTOH, whatever floats your boat

Durante

Yeah, calling Trails FC a PSP game is just wrong. Its roots are on PC, and it's really more of a PC game than almost all other JRPGs released on Steam.

It runs happily at 120 FPS, just as an example.

Is Vanille in FF13 considered Loli?

Is she over the age of 9,999?

Well technically she 300 year old or so..

Eh, I don't see loli characters from their age.
If they look like a little girl, then they're considered as loli, especially if their age is actually way older than they look. But I mainly hate pure girl loli, they're just annoying, especially their Japanese voice. Ugh.

Tenrius

RF Engineer here

I wouldn't call myself an engineer, but I got my BS in applied maths and physics this year and am now working towards a MS in finance/investment, so I guess I apply? I actually do mobile marketing for a living these days, but previously I interned as a rocket scientist and worked as a contributing editor lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom