• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys this isn't Steam related but I just successfully moved an old physical machine with some really outdated hardware license methods to a virtual instance successfully.

It only controlled our entrance but has been running on the same machine since 2003. It was a timebomb waiting to go off.

But now it sits virtualized. It will live forever.
Migration of a system into a virtual machine sounds really dope. Cool you got it working out!
Batman is ruining my every shoot :( Why there is no option to turn off characters? :(
You have a 760 right? Sure does pack a whole lot more punch than I thought. Looks bullshotty!
You could try jim2point0's free cam fix. I took this using that before there were options for film grain or CA:

208650_2015-08-18_000ojo6u.jpg

I imagine it has more freedom, but it's just not as intuitive.
That is a sweet-ass shot and a sweet-ass mod.
Excited! This seems to address many of my own complaints with the alpha.

d00d3n

If your categories were nuked, just wait a while and they'll re-sync and fix themselves. Even if they're all gone, in about ten minutes or so they should automagically reappear. I think it has to due with a local file getting messed up for whatever reason, not 100% sure though.

As an aside, does Steam actually transfer categories to new computers?

Thanks! I will wait and see, I guess.

Regarding the question, yeah I think it does. (doing steam osx mac mini for easier stuff + steam windows desktop for demanding games)

pahamrick

If your categories were nuked, just wait a while and they'll re-sync and fix themselves. Even if they're all gone, in about ten minutes or so they should automagically reappear. I think it has to due with a local file getting messed up for whatever reason, not 100% sure though.

As an aside, does Steam actually transfer categories to new computers?

Unless the file that specifies the categories is stored in the steamapps folder, they do transfer. When I last formatted and reinstalled Windows, I nuked everything but the steamapps folder and my categories were still there when I finally reinstalled Steam.

Anyone else who has had their Steam categories messed up? I (wrongly) suspected that this had happened when I got the Valve family and friends pack for the botched Steam controller osx release, but now it has happened for real. A quite large number of the games that I had given a category are now in in the uncategorized pool. This has happened across several of my categories, which are still there.

Should I start worrying that someone has access to my account? Please tell me that someone else is affected by this? The last time I started my desktop computer was monday or thuesday, I believe.

These are some the games in question: (only including installed games, because I am pretty sure most/all of those were categorized)

It happens sometimes, just exit steam and launch again. It will eventually fix itself,just something that happens here and there.

Sober

Damn, kinda regret not picking up ETS2 during a bundle or when it was super cheap on sale. I want a really relaxing podcast game.

MRORANGE

Really cool project. Good luck with all.
Why didn't you go for a controller with two shoulder buttons and maybe even dual sticks? That way you could play PS1 games too!

Honestly I am still unsure about this project so tried to keep it simple, it's not impossible but it's not a walk in the park and with my limited knowledge I'll probably fuck it up :) Maybe shoving the PCB of the PS1 controller into the device and re-wiring might work I guess....

I'm a wiener! \o/

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

Tomorrow will be spooky times.

Lotsa great submissions, it was hard to choose.
The winner is:
and the runner-up who will be getting a key for Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1:
Thanks for all the submissions, t'was fun :D

Pass Nep 1 to another runner-up! I forgot to redeem a key I already had.

cruise

Banned
Last night I picked up:

1.) Hitman Collection (all 5 games, including all the DLC for Absolution)
2.) STALKER: Clear Sky
3.) Divinity Anthology (the Divine Divinity games, sans Original Sin)

All for a grand spanking total of $17.47.

I mean, this is all pretty fucking criminally insane right here, especially for me since I'm still just rocking a 2GB GTX 960.

Wtf am I going to do if/when I peep some Black Friday deals on video cards though? Yo, I don't know, but at least I know which forum's members I'd try selling the 960 to!

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Real Boxing -- MB-E4EEE31ACDC0EBF9 - Taken by Tesseract
Symphony -- MB-1EAAC5B2DFB30E68 - Taken by texhnolyze
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-12CCABC178572FD3 - Taken by Popstar
StarMade -- MB-DEA19A6608D9864B - Taken by pahamrick

Nzyme32

I just crafted badges to get to level 20, while gazing at my lovely profile, I noticed in the corner...

ePiXu77.png

I'm in support of Grief.exe. I'm 11 years on Steam, almost 900 games and still level 27 or 28 I can't be arsed checking.

As far as I know the only way to get I higher level is card playing and sales / random steam badges. The card playing part is barely worth my time and money, and I'm too lazy to use idlemaster on this piece of ass laptop

If you poke them too much about CDN prices they'll just raise everything to $80. EA's always ahead of the curve when it comes to ripping off consumers.

Well I ended up buying the full RE Revelations 2 bundle from Funstock. It was only 2 pounds more than the normal pack and it doesn't look like Capcom is a fan of putting DLC on sale at a later time. Came to £9.5 which is about $14 so that's not too bad. The key itself didn't activate until I used a UK VPN connection.

unrelated, however:

nearly $165 for this shit

Every once in a while my mind wanders towards buying a Vita and then this bullshit pulls me back to reality. In fact, I was pretty close to getting a Vita just weeks ago when the prospect of getting a PS4 (after it's recent discounts) started sounding more appealing.

Since this seems like a slow day here, I figure might as well poll you guys. What would you buy between a Vita and PS4 right now (if you didn't have either)?

Nzyme32

QtYljHE.png

My last 'AAA' purchase of 2015. Now to wait out release. Anyone got a cryogenic chamber?

I'm loving that everyone is so excited for Fallout 4, and I'm here excited to start Fallout NV for the first time. The backlog is only taking precedent since I have a shite machine

Dsyndrome

Reminds me that John Wayne Gacy was on AHS this week, your avatar needs more blue.

Who's playing games tomorrow instead of partying or taking kids for trick or treating? Wife and I are giving candy out until 8:00 then seeing Crimson Peak at 10:35, mostly because the Halloween party we were going to got canceled due to medical issues.
Since this seems like a slow day here, I figure might as well poll you guys. What would you buy between a Vita and PS4 right now (if you didn't have either)?
PS4. Vita means life, but that doesn't mean shit if the creator doesn't support it. PS4 will entertain for at least three more years, and you can use it as the alternative for when Batman fucking sucks on PC.

Reminds me that John Wayne Gacy was on AHS this week, your avatar needs more blue.

Who's playing games tomorrow instead of partying or taking kids for trick or treating? Wife and I are giving candy out until 8:00 then seeing Crimson Peak at 10:35, mostly because the Halloween party we were going to got canceled due to medical issues.

K, done.

I will be playing games and will be rudely interrupted by kids asking for free stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
tempted to get cities skylines via nuuvem

not really a genre i play a lot but that's pretty cheap and i kind of like trying new things

also randomly caught an episode of supergirl (i think it was the first) and holy shit that show moved fast. can't believe how much information they wanted me to process developed in so little time lol. thought it was really lame like every other superhero show but u know, figured i'd give it a chance since it had more chances of reaching me than most. what can u do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom