• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Imagine Saoirse as

Shfe3eI.jpg

Nabs

I never have issues with motion sickness, but there's something about this Croteam engine that just gets to me. I'm enjoying The Talos Principle, but I'm now starting to feel that classic Serious Sickness. I'll mess around with the motion sickness options a bit more later, and also try to play it on my TV to hopefully solve this problem. I'm really liking the game, so it would suck if I have to stop because of this.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm like 51 points away from level 20 and I just bought games for cards.

iJtCDb9.png

My name is Dr.Acula, and I have a problem.

I'm also idling in DreamHack's twitch ;_;

Hektor

I never have issues with motion sickness, but there's something about this Croteam engine that just gets to me. I'm enjoying The Talos Principle, but I'm now starting to feel that classic Serious Sickness. I'll mess around with the motion sickness options a bit more later, and also try to play it on my TV to hopefully solve this problem. I'm really liking the game, so it would suck if I have to stop because of this.

You definitely should opt out of the headbobbing, that made me nearly vomit within 10 minutes.

You can also switch into a 3rd person view.

Hey, Anno 2205 releases on November 3rd. And it seems to only have uPlay as a secondary DRM. Anno 2070 still seems to have TAGES 3 machine activation limit, along with uPlay.

Hinomura

Did you play these games?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15520/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/15560/

To me they are motion sickness s(t)imulators.

Anyway usually changing the FOV drastically help with motion sickness, but I don't remember if the Croteam games allow it.

JustLynx

I'm like 51 points away from level 20 and I just bought games for cards.

My name is Dr.Acula, and I have a problem.

I'm also idling in DreamHack's twitch ;_;

welcome to the club :p

wait for the winter sale before crafting the badges, you'll get sale cards instead of coupons

also, if you didn't do the new Community badge, you can get 500xp, 200 more xp from previous badge

Nabs

Did you play these games?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15520/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/15560/

To me they are motion sickness s(t)imulators.

Anyway usually changing the FOV drastically help with motion sickness, but I don't remember if the Croteam games allow it.

Yeah, I played a bit of those and it didn't trigger anything. It's something very particular about this Croteam engine. I usually play fast paced FPS games like it's nothing. Here, I'm lowering my speed to low, changing the view to 3rd person, and playing with controller. I think it might be that I'm just sitting too close, because I was able to play a bit from the comfy couch.

Cth

I had the same reaction if it helps.

The Viscera Clean Up series also gave me that reaction.

Messiah

I agree with the sentiment that Zesty is pretty good. Some skits even made me laugh.

Edna is the best.

I just wish Bamco would release the only costumes that matter already.

Life is Strange Episode 3 spoilers
son of a bitch, I didn't know you could take the gun back from david :mad: oh well, no going back gonna stick with my mistake. Also saving chloe's dad was pretty cool and in all honesty i kind of predicted the backfire from that action, not seeing her in school cemented my prediction in my mind. For a while I thought that you wouldn't be able to save the dad since I for the life of me couldn't figure out what to do with the keys, I thought it was the game's way of telling you you cant save everyone.

I'll most likely play episode 4 later today, shit is getting super interesting :)

Nabs

Could be the FOV is making you sick? Or something about how the image gets distorted in the peripheral or... I dunno.

I'm not sure. I had the FOV up to 90, then I pushed it up a little more, then I went 3rd person. I'm going to put my head down and just play on my TV to see if that helps.

Here are the only games that have made me sick (that I can remember): Serious Sam 3, this, Metroid Prime (turning off Hud Lag did good), and... and.. Rhythm Zone, that Audiosurf wannabe. RZ hit me only during the main menu because the background was moving all over the place, it was really weird and I'm probably the only person who felt that.

dex3108

Life is Strange Episode 3 spoilers
son of a bitch, I didn't know you could take the gun back from david :mad: oh well, no going back gonna stick with my mistake. Also saving chloe's dad was pretty cool and in all honesty i kind of predicted the backfire from that action, not seeing her in school cemented my prediction in my mind. For a while I thought that you wouldn't be able to save the dad since I for the life of me couldn't figure out what to do with the keys, I thought it was the game's way of telling you you cant save everyone.

I'll most likely play episode 4 later today, shit is getting super interesting :)

That point would be awesome if there was a choice. But yeah Episode 3 is sh*t got real. I will probably play Episode 4 over the weekend.

Tektonic

If someone's considering getting Kholat, I'd strongly recommend against it. It's a mess, there are some really awful design choices (losing A LOT of progress due to save points being way too far away from each other sucks) and the story is incoherent (which is especially disappointing, since the Dyatlov Pass incident is one of my favorite mysteries along with the Tamam Shud case). I even requested a refund, which is a first for me.

Hmm, was going to get. I'll wait till greater discount, or bundle.. P.s. did u watch devils pass. Semi dyatlov

rtcn63

I'm not sure. I had the FOV up to 90, then I pushed it up a little more, then I went 3rd person. I'm going to put my head down and just play on my TV to see if that helps.

Here are the only games that have made me sick (that I can remember): Serious Sam 3, this, Metroid Prime (turning off Hud Lag did good), and... and.. Rhythm Zone, that Audiosurf wannabe. RZ hit me only during the main menu because the background was moving all over the place, it was really weird and I'm probably the only person who felt that.

Too high a framerate and/or aspect ratio? Older FPS titles always do weird shit to me. Fish-eye?

Dr.Acula

Banned
welcome to the club :p

wait for the winter sale before crafting the badges, you'll get sale cards instead of coupons

also, if you didn't do the new Community badge, you can get 500xp, 200 more xp from previous badge

I did, that's what got me so close to lvl 20, now I'm like... I'm right there!!!

guessing paypal check goes through for me on a latin american account?

if so im already fearing my inbox but hey.. if you guys can confirm

Wait, so you being on uruguay lets you buy on nuuvem? I wonder if it will let me buy from my country, great news too because just today the Real plummeted again .

That point would be awesome if there was a choice. But yeah Episode 3 is sh*t got real. I will probably play Episode 4 over the weekend.
Again spoilers for life is strange ep 3
i was like nooo please devs let me save him!! Then i got back to present day and saw chloe; regrets were made

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Idling for the first time in six months

Idlemaster sure has come a long way

My new 980ti has a rattle-noise from one of the fans at speed. And Newegg has replaced their listing with a marketplace vendor with over a $200 markup. I ain't even mad.

I am sure things will sort themselves out.

dex3108

Hmm somebody from Russia requested password change for my Steam account. I have SteamGuard and 2-step on my gmail account so I should be fine. Not to mention that I have really long passwords on both accounts. Should I be worried?

Differences between Dead Space 1 and 2, so far:

- For some reason, you get a lot of fucking weapons right at the bat. Well, I just sticked with the plasma cutter and force gun.
- Armors too, I just picked the one with +10 stasis duration
- I keep getting ammo for my force gun instead of plasma (I'm on zealot), so I have to buy most of the plasma cutter ammo
- Isaac talking is a bit eeh, but silent protagonists can get grating in games with voice over.
- Gravity sections are A LOT better, they were my less liked sections in the first game.
- You get a lot more money and nodes in this game compared to the prequel. I spent it all on nodes and ammo.
- Kinetic is a lot more useful, instead of just a puzzle gimmick. Especially helpful in this difficulty.
- I maxed statis since it is still op.

Good game so far.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Lotsa great submissions, it was hard to choose.

The winner is:

and the runner-up who will be getting a key for Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1:

Thanks for all the submissions, t'was fun :D

Infinitenine didn't want the game so I guess WD wins first prize?

Differences between Dead Space 1 and 2, so far:

- Kinetic is a lot more useful, instead of just a puzzle gimmick. Especially helpful in this difficulty.

Good game so far.

You must not have played Dead Space on a very high difficulty then.
Kinetic was *essential* to beating it on hard because of the lack of ammo... you always had to be looking for poles or objects to throw -- or cutting off limbs properly so you could pick them up and use them to kill others.

You must not have played Dead Space on a very high difficulty then.
Kinetic was *essential* to beating it on hard because of the lack of ammo... you always had to be looking for poles or objects to throw -- or cutting off limbs properly so you could pick them up and use them to kill others.

Well, I played it on Hard. Didn't bother to play it all over gain. I had enough ammo for my plasma cutter/pulse rifle playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom