• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice nuuvem! Is cities skyline locked? And dead rising 2 off the record?
I mean, region-locked key or paypal check, I can use a VPN to put them in the cart

Salsa

guessing paypal check goes through for me on a latin american account?

if so im already fearing my inbox but hey.. if you guys can confirm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice nuuvem! Is cities skyline locked? And dead rising 2 off the record?
I mean, region-locked key or paypal check, I can use a VPN to put them in the cart

Both are completely region-free as far as the keys are concerned, but you may find that Nuuvem has tightened the noose vis-a-vis purchase eligibility.

Buraindo

Games are weird... playing Witcher 3 and Geralt, all that he has done, all that he has killed, still can be killed by a random Bandit in the woods, because level... how does not that group of bandits totally rule the world?

But damn Witcher 3, long past the 100 hour mark and nowhere near tired of that game.o_O GOTY fo sho!

The way the game handles levels annoys me to no end. Thankfully, there's plenty of mods just for that.

dex3108

Batman is ruining my every shoot :( Why there is no option to turn off characters? :(

21993193453_62c3815938_o.png
21976494124_1523839fb3_o.png
21991702444_244b5054ca_o.png

21978126493_446e592dd3_o.png
21978063783_49fe7a6873_o.png
22614427675_6c5291c749_o.png

Phawx

Guys this isn't Steam related but I just successfully moved an old physical machine with some really outdated hardware license methods to a virtual instance successfully.

It only controlled our entrance but has been running on the same machine since 2003. It was a timebomb waiting to go off.

But now it sits virtualized. It will live forever.

Jawmuncher

Guys this isn't Steam related but I just successfully moved an old physical machine with some really outdated hardware license methods to a virtual instance successfully.

It only controlled our entrance but has been running on the same machine since 2003. It was a timebomb waiting to go off.

But now it sits virtualized. It will live forever.

Wow way to be off topic you should be ashamed in this thread where everything is on topic 24/7.

That's actually pretty cool.

Dr Dogg

Yeah. Even Rogue had one. Ubi's good about that. Regardless of what happens, it's no skin off my nose now that I have a modern internet connection. Even a 50GB download would take me only a bit over an hour instead of a bit over a day. Do your worst, Bethesda!

If it weighs in at around the 40gb mark again then a couple of days head start should do me fine on my third world connection.

Surprised you haven't caved in and grabbed it on PS4. What with sticking my head in the OT now and then, a quick blast through the early sequence 3 and 4 memories round my sisters last Sunday and reading practically every non spoiler morsel of info for the recommendation I did for next months OT I think I've built my excitement for Syndicate up to the boil already.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me DreadOut to beat -- MB-8428F4C42093FD89 - Taken by WinterDemons. 6 entrants total.
One of these is DreadOut the other one is not -- MB-9149D36C8A9F53A2 - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.

t1446241619z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Killing Floor 2 WWAUT - Holding Out

As many here at Tripwire bundle themselves and their children up for a chilly All Hallow's Eve this weekend in search of candy and fun, I bring word of a location not so far away. While we are not running any themed events this year for Killing Floor 2, one of our internal testing maps (that we have used to test the public version of the SDK and its features) has come a long way and has turned into something we feel the community will enjoy. We here at Tripwire welcome you to the Farmhouse.

farmhouse.jpg

This map takes you into a dark and claustrophobic night. A misty, dimly-lit old farmhouse, nestled in the woods far from civilization. Can you and your team survive a night at the Farmhouse?

The team has also been looking at the community feedback and bug reports. While much of that is still an ongoing process, I can comment that Code has started working on top community issues, including where players are able to block zeds targeting others, as well as the full firepower of this battle station... (otherwise known as the ability of the Nuke skill to exterminate most of the Zeds on a map in one go. Fun, but not as intended!)

We are also pleased to announce the winners of the entries submitted for the Polycount Guns‘N’ Gear Steam Workshop contest! This features categories for Best Weapon Skin and Skin Set as well as Best Item and Item Set. You can check out the full list of winners here: http://polycount.com/discussion/160211/killing-floor-2-contest-winners.

We would like to thank all those who entered and gave us a hard time choosing winners.

I can finally continue playing Tales of Zestiria, have been kind of busy these days so having a day to relax and play some games feels good

Also if you guys need something from nuuvem just let me know and i can get it for you i dont mind helping ;)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Big changes are coming in the Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 release

Star Citizen will undergo some significant and fundamental changes as part of the upcoming alpha 2.0 release, which will incorporate three new flight modes, Quantum Travel, and the move to a "third order motion control system," which we can all nod sagely and agree is probably a good thing.

The "flashiest" feature in alpha 2.0 are the new flight modes, which will selectively modify ship behaviors in order to better suit particular situations. For instance, ships will launch in Precision mode, which reduces top speed and scales back acceleration in exchange for finer and easier maneuvering, while Cruise mode is the exact opposite: "Velocity at the expense of control," as Cloud Imperium Games explained in yesterday's update. The third mode, SCM [Space Combat Maneuvering] appears quite similar to the current Arena Commander flight model, but now calculates maximum velocity dynamically as a function of force and mass in order to optimize each ship's performance in a fight.

Quantum Travel sounds similar to Cruise mode, but functions separately through the Quantum Drive, which enables long-distance travel over relatively short time periods. The limitations of the Quantum Drive mean that any ship equipped with one can achieve the same maximum velocity of 0.2c—that's one-fifth the speed of light—but some will take longer to get there than others.

"At these speeds, tiny variations in angle will result in massively different flight paths, so this is where slower ships will have the chance to escape a faster ship accosting them," CIG explained. "Of course, traveling at these incredible speeds is quite dangerous, so the ship computer will automatically pull you out of Quantum Travel if the possibility of collision is detected or the ship has any downed shields."

Alpha 2.0 will introduce a number of other changes, features, and bug fixes, and the breakdown gets pretty technical in places. There are even graphs, with titles like "Capped Exponentially Damped Motion" and "Ideal 3rd Order Velocity." It's clearly a big step—thrust shunting, for instance, "opens up new opportunities for damaging ship flight behaviors"—and while I wondered at first if people might be put off by the intense focus on these kind of details while the game itself continues to languish in its first alpha release, the response in the comments seems almost universally positive.

There's no launch date for the alpha 2.0 release just yet. There is, however, a 16-minute video featuring game designer Pete Mackay and physics programmer John Pritchett talking a bit more about what's coming, which you may enjoy below.

Don't be distracted by Star Citizen when the best space-based game ever already exists.
You could try jim2point0's free cam fix. I took this using that before there were options for film grain or CA:

208650_2015-08-18_000ojo6u.jpg

I imagine it has more freedom, but it's just not as intuitive.

Here I am ready to mock Photo Mode stuff when this is the best Arkham-related screenshot I've ever seen; not just in AK, but the entire series. Dang.

I guess Photo Mode has a place in the world after all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"im never gonna stop playing"

i'll forever remember

you are just an embarrasment MAN

tumblr_nw4vxg9HWa1rmyfvko2_250.gif

To be honest there were long periods between updates on Steam.

Yeah, that the game isn't Steamworks means the lack of updates isn't necessarily indicative of a lack of activity; hence "isn't looking". That being said, if the Steam version untouched until release...

You're stronger than I, as I picked it up on X1 and put many a hour into it. Damn fine stuff I must say :)

Be gone, temptress!

Hinomura

It seems Resident Evil Revelations 2 Box Set is out of stock on Funstock. Ordered it with Sacred 3 a few hours ago and got Sacred 3 key only...

Contacted them via email and via Reddit, still no answer.

Monooboe

Sword Coast Legends seems to be getting quite nice updates. December will be good.

Community Pack 3: December

Official introduction of mod support, including
Tile based level editor
Branching dialog editor
Adjustable game systems, ex: round timer, loot tables, etc.
Community facing development of these features to begin immediately
Option to disable monster level scaling in DM campaigns
Bug fixes and additional community feedback items as time allows

yah id get dying light if not vpn is needed

Nope. You'll need someone from that region to buy for you.

i'll be around for a while more so I can help folks who dont wanna use a VPN

You'll be busy/needed if people want stuff, since Nuuvem pretty much seems to check address on payment now and denies everything (or at least everything I've tried).

Furthermore, RE2:R is locked to NA/SA activation. You'll need a VPN or someone you trust in NA/SA to activate for you if you're in EU/Asia.

How does chat not have faith in Bob yet, every time he starts droppin' mad paint onto the canvas people lose their minds. It's as if those plebs don't know what a happy accident is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom