• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe SF5 will be the new monthly highlight game :p

would fit with "putting a game that has a ton of DLC out there as a taste" pattern they have established

prudislav

no, thats what it was 3 years ago when it was announced, or so I've been told recently. Its more of a traditional platformer now.
i would say its more of a "run and gun" game than "traditional platformer" but yeah they sayd they expandd the non-boss parts a lot

What sega games even use denuvo?
Do bayonetta and vanquish use it? If not why would this game have it?
From past year's SEGA releases:
Endless Space 2 - SteamDRM/GoG release
Football Manager (Touch) 2017 - Denuvo
Motorsport Manager - SteamDRM
Total War: Warhammer - Denuvo
Bayonetta - SteamDRM
Dawn of War III - Denuvo + online-only skrimish
Vanquish - SteamDRM
Sonic Mania - Denuvo + something that denies game to launch offline (could be bug , could be online-only DRM layer)

Cuphead is the most interesting 2D game I have ever seen. It has so much work done to it unlike many scamped and rushed 2D games that only look for easy money with very few efforts.
It nailed the vintage look very well. I was surprised Unity could do this.

Like with Guilty Gear Xrd, some devs put in an actual effort.

rioK6e6.gif

BRB, updating SF5.

Dat....clipping.

Anno

Is it normal to get like 32 FPS in Pillars of Enternity?

Running on a system:

I7 3770K
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM
SSD

Not as a normal number, but yeah that's not un expected in some areas and/or when lots of spells are going off. It drops frames pretty much no matter what you run it on.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Flame in the Flood -- MB-D4175D5CFE651314 - Taken by eyeless. 9 entrants total.

t1504049224z1.png

Tonton

Man playing Ao is making me really excited for replaying Cold Steel 2, I need that PC port now lol

I can't be bothered to download it again on my Vita TV when I'll be wanting to play the PC version instead

Annubis

Running on a system:

I7 3770K
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM
SSD

Not really, I have much less than that and never sunk that low.

EDIT: Also, you might want to block any Obsidian Unity games in your Windows firewall just to avoid long loading times due to a Unity issue.
I'm fairly sure PoE is correct, but I'm not sure if Tyranny was ever fixed. Anyway, you don't lose anything from blocking it.

Obsidian said:
We've determined that there is a Unity issue that was fixed for Pillars of Eternity, but has since regressed to a non-working state in the newer version of Unity we're using for Tyranny. The problem is that the mechanism we're using to load character portrait art (and potentially a few other things) from disk can also be used to download files from servers. Because of this, Unity queries the Windows Proxy Settings for the currently logged-in user prior to deciding that it needs to load the file from disk instead. On some users' machines, the contents of the Windows Network Connections will include entries generated by third-party software such as LogMeIn Hamachi and VMWare. The Windows function that Unity uses to get the Proxy Settings for the user tends to hang for long periods of time if it encounters one of those third-party network connections. It's probably not able to get what it wants and just ends up waiting for a timeout. I suggest looking in Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center to see if there are any network connections added by third-party software. If there are, try disabling them to see if it fixes the problem. Please let us know what you find.

kevin1025

Banned
Really happy with that Humble bundle, been meaning to try out a lot of it, and also to get back into Vermintide after the free weekend a good chunk of time ago.

Mivey

Running on a system:

I7 3770K
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM
SSD
In the graphics settings, did you turn the "Cinematic" option to "High"? On "Ultra" it would even reduce it further to 24.

Jawmuncher

Real conflicted with Xcom 2's new DLC. I have 16 hours in my original campaign but never beat. I'd like to use the new stuff but would have to start completely over.

Real conflicted with Xcom 2's new DLC. I have 16 hours in my original campaign but never beat. I'd like to use the new stuff but would have to start completely over.

Since playing the game itself rather than seeing the resolution is the most fun, I would restart. I`m playing the game with all tutorials and railroading right now and Im looking forward to my next playthrough with randomized content (and mods). If the story is what is motivating you to finish your first game, the expansion has extra scenes like a directors cut.

Mivey

I don't see this option at all...

There is a Graphics Quality Slider and it son default, which is middle..

After researching, is PoE engine just..not that good?
I was kidding, in case you couldn't tell
Damn, I'm so good at this, even Sarcasm can't tell when I'm being sarcastic

zkylon

zkylewd

well it's unity and not like inside unity, just regular ass unity as far as i can tell

it ran mostly fine for me except a few areas and i'm sure my computer is shittier than most ppl's here

Vibranium

Banned
I want to believe that Bully 2 rumor but it wouldn't even be out on PC, knowing Rockstar, until like 2025. Maybe I'll get a PS5 to play it.

Not really

http://steamcharts.com/app/480
This is the total number of pirates that are playing the cracked online versions of:
MGSV
Dead by Daylight
Friday the 13th
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Halo Wars
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Tekken
Sniper Elite 4
Total War Warhammer
Dirt 4
Arma III
UMvC 3
And a bunchload of others.

13k across all those games, it's pretty pathetic.

What, there's such thing in piracy?

You can pirate AND play online? Wtf.

She looks damn cool. Almost makes me want to get the game.

Me too. Almost.

Anno

I think it was a mix between a pretty hastily developed game and Old(er) Bad(er) Unity. The sequel in many places looks a generation ahead of the first game and is targeting the same min spec, so it seems like they've managed to get it under control.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mafia 3 is quite good I must say. I really enjoy Lincoln. I wish they had more outfits that gave him the beard though. The one that does isn't great.

Genki

>see front page
>no mention of Blue Reflection
Why aren't any of you excited for the prettiest 3D video game ever made?

I'm sure the PC port will be using the Vita version as a base, so I wouldn't be so sure. In any case not having a steam page yet is pretty dumb from a marketing perspective :p.

Battlechili

Banned
I'm sure the PC port will be using the Vita version as a base, so I wouldn't be so sure. In any case not having a steam page yet is pretty dumb from a marketing perspective :p.
KT somehow didn't use Vita assets for Nights of Azure, so I have hope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every new release, big or not, is only ever the number 2 seller on steam.

because the number one continues to be PUBG, I have no idea for how long now.

its absolutely ridiculous.

edit: not ridiculous because of the game in question btw, just the whole thing is ridiculous. I mean, Rocket League was a phenomenon, or Stardew Valley, but not like this man.

Grug

Have had explosive diarrhoea for the last 24 hours and am locked into a bed-toilet-bed loop. Going to vicariously Steam through you guys in the meantime.

Really desperate to play more F1 2017.

Sarcasm

I think it was a mix between a pretty hastily developed game and Old(er) Bad(er) Unity. The sequel in many places looks a generation ahead of the first game and is targeting the same min spec, so it seems like they've managed to get it under control.

There is a PoE 2?

I got to hurry.

The dlc for the first one is added content right? It doesn't do anything to the main game?

Rizzi

So I'm eight hours in, and I enjoy everything about Trails in the Sky.
Except for the actual game part of it.

Anno

There is a PoE 2?

I got to hurry.

The dlc for the first one is added content right? It doesn't do anything to the main game?

You have a good 5-7 months even if they hit their launch target, so no rush.

And yes, the expansion content takes place over the mid-mid/late game and doesn't have a ton of implications on the original story. It's significantly better in most ways, though, so I think it's worth a playthrough or two. And there's quite a bit of it.

*Grug* indeed.
toilet_1f6bd.png

I found Mega Coin Squad worked on a dedicated GPU in my desktop, but not the laptop. I wish the community page or recommended specs said as much. The devs offered no help.
I'm not digging it that much but my kid likes the bright colors.

Nabs

ReCore is pretty decent so far. I'm actually enjoying the platforming and combat so far. I think some of you would like it, but Microsoft is being Microsoft right now. Stall would definitely dig it.

I'm not sure why it's still letting me play it for free, but I'll take it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ReCore is pretty decent so far. I'm actually enjoying the platforming and combat so far. I think some of you would like it, but Microsoft is being Microsoft right now. Stall would definitely dig it.

I'm not sure why it's still letting me play it for free, but I'll take it.

I would definitely pick it up on Steam. Quantum Break gave me my fill of the Windows Store :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom