• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
>see front page
>no mention of Blue Reflection
Why aren't any of you excited for the prettiest 3D video game ever made?

I wanna excited but when i remember how they ruined almost all of their game on PC, i can't.

Also, Toukiden 2, Night of Azure and Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book was good but still not like as good as PS4 version. :/

Sarcasm

You have a good 5-7 months even if they hit their launch target, so no rush.

And yes, the expansion content takes place over the mid-mid/late game and doesn't have a ton of implications on the original story. It's significantly better in most ways, though, so I think it's worth a playthrough or two. And there's quite a bit of it.

So I can play now?

Or should I wait to buy the dlc? I got a ton of games to play so two playthroughs max is my limit.

Parsnip

ReCore is pretty decent so far. I'm actually enjoying the platforming and combat so far. I think some of you would like it, but Microsoft is being Microsoft right now. Stall would definitely dig it.

I'm not sure why it's still letting me play it for free, but I'll take it.

Hopefully it's only a matter of time and it will come to Steam eventually.

Anno

So I can play now?

Or should I wait to buy the dlc? I got a ton of games to play so two playthroughs max is my limit.

Where are you in the game currently? Level and story chapter.

Most people start the expansion content at level 7 or 8. You gain access to it after completing the first major story quest of Act 2 but you'll probably be low enough level that it'll be too hard. If you're significantly above those levels you can opt to scale the content but it's not as good as playing it at the level intended. So I'd say if you're before that or close to it then yeah, go for it. Might as well experience as much as you can in one playthrough if you're trying to save time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
>see front page
Ehhh character models look nice but everything else is pretty flat, the animations are crappy and from what Ive heard the combat system while solid it offers no challenge and the story is anime tropes 101

I was just talking to someone through Steam messages, and every message I sent showed up twice. Does anyone know what that's happening?

Sarcasm

Where are you in the game currently? Level and story chapter.

Most people start the expansion content at level 7 or 8. You gain access to it after completing the first major story quest of Act 2 but you'll probably be low enough level that it'll be too hard. If you're significantly above those levels you can opt to scale the content but it's not as good as playing it at the level intended. So I'd say if you're before that or close to it then yeah, go for it. Might as well experience as much as you can in one playthrough if you're trying to save time.

Fresh start. Guess I will wait for dlc sale.

I know it's the steam thread but fuck all the scalpers selling SNES classic in BST thread. I thought most of GAF was better than that.

Remember the Gears of War 4 price mistake where it was free and people sold it there for 30$?
Then when all were revoked, they still said "Well. I got them legally. They are not the price mistake ones, but here is your money back."

Or when there is a good bundle like the WB bundles, when Humble had 1$ for every game instead of BTA and people bought 20 bundles, then wait a few months and try to sell Arkham for 15$ each.

>see front page
What is that. I'm looking it up.

QYe7QbM.png

Oh. Armpits.

Battlechili

Banned
Also, Toukiden 2, Night of Azure and Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book was good but still not like as good as PS4 version. :/
What's Nights of Azure's problem that causes it to not be as good as the PS4 version?
Ehhh character models look nice but everything else is pretty flat,
I actually really like the environments when not in the fantasy world. While simple polygon wise, the lighting and coloring (and in some cases background blur) make the environments look incredibly realistic imo. Case and point:

zkylon

zkylewd
la noire's portrayal of the homeless is just... wow

i swear rockstar has to be like one of the most reactionary developers out there

kind of ruins the game for me

Curious as to how Activision will take Destiny 2's success. Clearly it'll sell well (PC version is awesome), but will they expect sales for COD if they followed? lol, hope not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pretty dope. Guess there isn't a way to navigate to there through account yet? Don't see a link.

If Valve doesn't add a well marked link for this soon, I'm just going to add it to user's account dropdown in Enhanced Steam when they're signed in.

I'm completely ignorant regarding what can be done with scripts in internet browsers, but would it be possible to make something to activate several keys at the same time (more or less) using this page?

I'll need to find some keys to register to test, but yes I believe this could easily be scripted and/or modified to allow a bulk copy/paste operation

louiedog

I'll need to find some keys to register to test, but yes I believe this could easily be scripted and/or modified to allow a bulk copy/paste operation

I'm looking forward to an extension or script for bundle sites to do the copying/pasting for me with one click.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yes this is just sending POST commands to the page itself.

using the logged in user's credentials, and this page is essentially just a wrapper for this function. This page should be pretty easy for me to modify to allow multiple keys (one per line) that can be copy / pasted in and registered in bulk. My guess is that Valve has a rate-limit on this endpoint so it'll be interesting to see if I can find out what it is. Obviously I expect the endpoint to block multiple invalid attempts on a single account similar to how the client works, if not more restrictive.

I'm looking forward to an extension or script for bundle sites to do the copying/pasting for me with one click.

It would be difficult to call this endpoint outside of the Steam website unless someone set up something where the user inputs their cookie data. The easiest solution would probably be to make an extension that simply adds a button to direct the user straight to the activation page while filling in all the details and hitting submit on your behalf.

oipic

Wowsers, if I were a betting man, I would've wagered that key redemption via the web would never come to fruition - it just seemed to be such a no-brainer that they would've done it already, if it were something they were going to implement.

Surprises from Valve in recent times have tended to either disappoint or bewilder - so this is really quite something. Good stuff.

louiedog

It would be difficult to call this endpoint outside of the Steam website unless someone set up something where the user inputs their cookie data. The easiest solution would probably be to make an extension that simply adds a button to direct the user straight to the activation page while filling in all the details and hitting submit on your behalf.

Good enough for me. I miss the redeem to account button that they let Humble use for awhile.

Now if they'd only make it so that account names could be changed so that I don't need to deal with seeing the one I made hastily to play HL2 because the idea of account permanence was not really much of a thing in gaming spaces 13 years ago.

Remember the Gears of War 4 price mistake where it was free and people sold it there for 30$?
Then when all were revoked, they still said "Well. I got them legally. They are not the price mistake ones, but here is your money back."

Or when there is a good bundle like the WB bundles, when Humble had 1$ for every game instead of BTA and people bought 20 bundles, then wait a few months and try to sell Arkham for 15$ each.

guess i just forgot about how common it is.

Now if they'd only make it so that account names could be changed so that I don't need to deal with seeing the one I made hastily to play HL2 because the idea of account permanence was not really much of a thing in gaming spaces 13 years ago.

Why do you need to change your account name anyway?

Others won't be able to see it, right?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
More Half-Life story and activating keys via the web. This is a huge few weeks for Valve fans.

What a time to be alive.

Zeknurn

ReCore is pretty decent so far. I'm actually enjoying the platforming and combat so far. I think some of you would like it, but Microsoft is being Microsoft right now. Stall would definitely dig it.

I'm not sure why it's still letting me play it for free, but I'll take it.

Same here. I wasn't planning on playing it, but it when I booted it up to see if it worked, it threw me directly into the action and I accidentally ended up playing a couple of hours. It's a lot more fun than I expected and I'm even enjoying the very Japanese combat.

It's been long overdue. Now where is that client overhaul?

Deques

Does this show what game the key is for before redeeming it?
I have no key to redeem, so I can't check it myself

Yes this is just sending POST commands to the page itself.

using the logged in user's credentials, and this page is essentially just a wrapper for this function. This page should be pretty easy for me to modify to allow multiple keys (one per line) that can be copy / pasted in and registered in bulk. My guess is that Valve has a rate-limit on this endpoint so it'll be interesting to see if I can find out what it is. Obviously I expect the endpoint to block multiple invalid attempts on a single account similar to how the client works, if not more restrictive.

Would love to see a multiline textbox where you can paste all Steam keys you want to activate in one go. Also that it can detect valid Steam keys when you paste all kind of text :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom