• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

At work I heard my phone ping, and saw the title of the new email:

"44 items on your wishlist are on sale!"

"Ah yes, sale starts today, doesn't it?"

StereoVsn

Any good RPGs from recent years going cheap? Looking for something with great voice work, story etc, nothing with performance issues as I'm not in the mood to deal with that. An FPS would be good, something like Metro?
I vwry much recommend Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong. There isn't much voice work but the story and writing and setting are all very good. Plus they are dirt cheap.

Divinity OS is very good as well. Has best turned based combat in last decade or more. Also if by some turn you haven't played Fallout New Vegas, get that.

fireflame

No one mentions Maldita Castilla Ex, is the paid version good? I read it is more accessible but it still looks very hard if you want to get the good ending.

Rizzo

Thanks. I'll probably buy Grim Dawn instead. Be happier. The time limit in the DR games always piss me off.

I think they only had the timer in Nightmare mode, IIRC.

Edit: Apparently it's there in Normal difficulty, but nowhere near as tight as the previous games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Surge only 25% off :(

completely expected mind you, but still /sadface

Sarcasm

How do you:

Review your Preferences
You can help the Steam store show you the best stuff by making sure your Store Preferences match your interests.

I completed one activity said I have a sticker, click on it and it tells me you got 0 stickers, what gives?

Also discovery queue only gives 2?

So this is bullshit right here.

BlazBlue collection with every game: $25
last BlazBlue game by itself: $32

So go for the collection even if you just want the last game right? Let whatever games you own from it disappear. Whatevs. It's all good right?

WRONG. Can't buy the collection for yourself. AT ALL. Either own nothing and get it all for $25 or (heaven forbid you supported them through the years) own a few and get fucked having to pay $7 more for 1 game.

Bah. Whatever. Guess I'm not getting this yet :/

Tonton

Phantom Pain 20% off

lolwhat?

The game got a recent base price reduction (except in my country because fuck brazillian are rich amirite) and that's a new all time low, not sure what else you wanted

So go for the collection even if you just want the last game right? Let whatever games you own from it disappear. Whatevs. It's all good right?

WRONG. Can't buy the collection for yourself. AT ALL. Either own nothing and get it all for $25 or (heaven forbid you supported them through the years) own a few and get fucked having to pay $7 more for 1 game.

Everything should be a complete your collection bundle
Although you wouldn't get this kind of mistake with that

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

If you really want you could delete the games from your account
Not gonna guarantee you anything though

dx.png

He didn't ask for this.

swarley64

The gladiator management simulator "Domina" is marked down to $5. Any recent impressions? It got slammed in the reviews for the lack of a save feature, but I think they patched in the ability to save your game.

Yeah there are a lot of bundles like that. Pretty annoying.

Madventure

The gladiator management simulator "Domina" is marked down to $5. Any recent impressions? It got slammed in the reviews for the lack of a save feature, but I think they patched in the ability to save your game.

It got patched to have saves yeah, to my knowledge its eventually getting an endless mode as well. There's update notes on it in its steam store page for in depth changes

(It's being all done by one guy for the game so that's why things were taking longer then people "liked", the soundtrack is pretty awesome too)

~Kinggi~

Banned

yeah it does this on mine too. Says purchase as gift only. What complete backwards ass shit. Out of principal now im not gonna buy that trash.

I'm trying to use the £5 off Paypal deal but on Steam it shows £20 total? On the previous Paypal page it said I'd save £5 but on the next Steam screen it's still showing £20, is this normal?

EDIT: Worked, showed £20 on Steam but Paypal only took £15.
How did you add the offer, it kept failing on the PayPal site for me?

LegendX48

looking through my wishlist, do I want Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator? Never played a Guilty Gear game but wouldn't mind another fighter or two

KLonso

Wow I didn't even know Danganronpa was on Steam. Now the question is if I should bite on this, or keep waiting for a (seemingly unlikelier by the day) sale on the vita version.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How did you add the offer, it kept failing on the PayPal site for me?

I had already added the offer a few days ago, once it's on your account it's added automatically to your next order so maybe they're having issues now that the sale has started? I guess I just got lucky adding it in advance.

Original Sin is rather involved, yes. Although if one thinks in a "lifelike" way, it can be a bit easier than expected compared to one too used to RPG logic.

Wow.
Trails SC still pricey.

I guess it'll be a long while before I finish this trilogy.

Wait, you've sat on a finished FC...without going after SC AND 3rd?

PqB3PBT.png

Probity

So I've never played a Souls game but I really want to expand my horizons and try one out and see if I've been missing something. Which one should I go for?

DKF590

Any recommendation for which CRPG to pick up for someone who loved Divinity: Original Sin?

Looking at Pillars/Torment/Tyranny but not really sure on which to pick up. Not really any experience with the genre outside of Divinity.

yuraya

How is Divinity for a casual gamer? I play a lot of games but my girlfriend does not. Is it especially difficult?

Its very difficult but you can break the game many times by thinking outside the box. Its a very sandboxy game in terms of both gameplay and the environment. There is also difficulty options to make it easier and you can fully play it coop.

Necrovex

Original Sin is rather involved, yes. Although if one thinks in a "lifelike" way, it can be a bit easier than expected compared to one too used to RPG logic.

Wait, you've sat on a finished FC...without going after SC AND 3rd?

PqB3PBT.png

You'll hate me even more as I stopped playing around chapter six of SC. Hahaha. I do need to return to the game and grind out the rest of SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom