• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting. More giveaways once these are taken.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395895.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-BDB5AAA8033401D7 - Taken by Neospartan
AR-K -- MB-7ABE6F07018724D9 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
An Imp? A Fiend! -- MB-57E727C56EEACC50 - Taken by Fancolors
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-62BDD25172C5900D
Bermuda -- MB-766731759DF108D0 - Taken by sadblob
Bloodbath Kavkaz -- MB-E74C6D6B229093A0 - Taken by voodooray
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-2FA149D0D25C182F - Taken by Mavromatis
Coin Crypt -- MB-B2D92471E41ED11C - Taken by Mike Bison
Dustforce DX -- MB-C70AAC7041915DB0 - Taken by Dessart
FarSky -- MB-B43D49B13B102358 - Taken by madjoki
Final Dusk -- MB-0A5EEE2298DAA18D - Taken by longlivegaming
Freedom Planet -- MB-A637544026035BE3 - Taken by jholmes
Frozen Synapse Prime (Double Pack) -- MB-E073FA9BD7C1508A - Taken by Oublieux
It came from space, and ate our brains -- MB-1782A9968634CAEE - Taken by painey
Jones On Fire (might be used) -- MB-744DFD6D54A6877E - Taken by gar3
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-E91176B6086CB31E - Taken by Jalal
Strata -- MB-ACBF0718D178CB05 - Taken by Popstar
The Inner World -- MB-EBEC7C75929AD81F - Taken by venomenon
Vanguard Princess -- MB-392F52D6A5BAEEFC - Taken by Captain Rage Quit 69
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize (DLC) -- MB-3022B094B71D372E - Taken by KainXVIII
Vanguard Princess Lilith (DLC) -- MB-D70D12DF08580C75 - Taken by Majukun
bit Dungeon II -- MB-D6036A383A2B15E6 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick

Burt

Any recommendation for which CRPG to pick up for someone who loved Divinity: Original Sin?

Looking at Pillars/Torment/Tyranny but not really sure on which to pick up. Not really any experience with the genre outside of Divinity.
Pillars would probably be the right call there. Tyranny wasn't as well reviewed as either of them, I think, and Pillars is much more combat focused than Torment. Plus, while I can't remmeber how Torment was in this regard, Pillars does a lot of things to help refine some of the more obtuse old school CRPG mechanics for the sake of newcomers.

If you're not concerned about graphics, though, I absolutely, absolutely have to give UnderRail a shoutout here. It doesn't have the polish or ease of entry of Pillars, but I think its combat is in the Divinity tier notch above Pillars.

Any recommendation for which CRPG to pick up for someone who loved Divinity: Original Sin?

Looking at Pillars/Torment/Tyranny but not really sure on which to pick up. Not really any experience with the genre outside of Divinity.

Personally the combat in Pillars turned me off and I loved Divinity. Maybe its just me though.

Ventara

Looks like Steam is back to full speed. Sadly, wishlist isn't 100% yet. Will have to click on them to confirm as some have a greater discount.

My haul this year
hF0XgcO.png

Mooreberg

Somewhat bizarre that digging around gets you CSGO + [ANOTHER VALVE GAME] for almost half the price of CSGO alone. You'd think being logged in using the desktop client they would be able to present this right away, since they know what your existing library is.

Any other good single player shooters for $2.49? Already got Republic Commando in the cart as I've never played it, and Rage for the same price beats dealing with multi-disc backwards compatibility downloads on Xbox. On multiplayer - has anyone played Depth? Does it still have an audience?

Budi

This probably wont get a lot of support from others here, but I loved Wasteland 2 myself. It also has turnbased combat. http://store.steampowered.com/app/240760/Wasteland_2_Directors_Cut/ I haven't even played this DC (yet) which is supposed to be nice improvement from the original. Video review from Ben Moore GT/EZA for the original version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OfIqIog5xQ

Just gonna quickly ask again: Fallout 4 yay or nay?

Naaaayyy. You should check a look at Wasteland 2 too =D

I really wanted Toukiden 2 more than anything and it's not on sale at all. The console versions have dropped down to $40 while the Steam version is still $60. Guess I'll pick up Berseria and maybe Dishonored 2 and call it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kind of an odd request, but are there any good hunting games? Something like a Deer Hunter type game with a career maybe? Is that a thing?

The GOTY version of TW3 has a higher discount than the standalone version, which makes for a nice change from what the likes of Bethesda have been doing for years.

Brashnir

Pillars is solid. Lords of Xulima is awesome. Tyranny is in my backlog at the moment.

You may also want to take a look at Age of Decadence, but should probably read up onit a bit, as it's a rather different sort of game.

You should also look into the Shadowrun games. Shadowrun Returns, SR: Dragonfall and SR: Hong Kong. Avoid the SR Chronicles games.

I've also heard good things anout Expeditions: Viking, which I just picked up myself.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is there a faster way to get card drops? I tried fast forwarding through idlemaster but no luck. I've got like 350 cards to get

Eila

someone should make a chrome extension that automatically press NEXT on your discovery queue

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/3xvie5/userscript_to_automatically_go_through_a/

Is there a faster way to get card drops? I tried fast forwarding through idlemaster but no luck. I've got like 350 cards to get

Keep trying. It's the only way to actually clear your card drop backlog.
I miss Idlemaster :/ now only Archi Steam Farm works on my PC.

Mooreberg

When does the sale end? I won't be able to buy anything until I come back from my vacation on Monday
July 5th.

So Valve's practice now is that everything that will be on sale starts on day one? My wallet will be getting out of this with less damage than I thought, but I'll see what happens with the GMG email for PUBG.

July 5th.

So Valve's practice now is that everything that will be on sale starts on day one? My wallet will be getting out of this with less damage than I thought, but I'll see what happens with the GMG email for PUBG.

I have a love hate relationship with how Steam does sales now... I like that I don't have to wonder for end of sale sales but I find most of these sales blah now.

Always good to grab things that have fallen through the cracks and I will never complain about cheaper games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Paladins founders pack only 33% like last time :/

Really should have picked it up 50% off a couple of sales ago (or 3 sales ago, whenever it was 50%)

So I just keep cycling through games? Is there a certain setting I need or something?

I have no idea what causes it. I restart steam, my computer, rapid click next and sometimes it works for a bit and i get 30 cards and then it stops. Sometimes it works all the time and sometimes I get zero cards.

Mooreberg

I have a love hate relationship with how Steam does sales now... I like that I don't have to wonder for end of sale sales but I find most of these sales blah now.

Always good to grab things that have fallen through the cracks and I will never complain about cheaper games.
Yeah this worked out fine for me since it is the first time in a while that I have a gaming rig good to go on every purchase, rather than some being made for anticipated upgrades. Looks like I'll be at $44 through Steam, maybe $66 or so total if I get PUBG. Not a completely insane sale, but probably for the best with what I already have sitting on my hard drive or waiting to be downloaded. I just finished Hitman (2016) a few weeks ago, so getting every previous game for a total of $10 is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom