• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the title! But it's ok for me personally. Previous Steam sales have contributed to building up my 800+ title backlog, it's nice that Valve now has taken measures to prevent me from buying more games I won't play.

I will still pick up a few things from my wish list that I plan to play soonish.

Pixieking

Banned
hmm that sounds kinda cool

i need MORE INFO tho

not until there's numbers on it instead of just anecdotal impressions

if there are comparison numbers i'll believe it, but looking at my wishlist i see about a third at 70% or more, with a healthy number of 60-40%ers so idk it doesn't sound like that to me

people here were complaining about sales being worse long before dailies were removed, to me it just feels like negative bias is affecting ppl who have way too many games and want unreasonable things (like bayonetta at 70% or something)

i'll believe it someone has numbers to back it

Steamspy guy did a rundown last year on it, for the first sale without dailies/flashes, and he found that the discounts were slightly lower, but they were also the most profitable for devs/pubs.

So, yeah, whilst the discounts are worse, it's actually better for the industry as a whole.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
And some good emojis:
330x192
A NeoGAF raccoon, huh?

zkylon

zkylewd
It's an anime as fuck monster hunting game with a strong focus on an anime as fuck storyline with anime as fuck AI companions (the AI is great).
Also featuring anime as fuck weapons that can transform between melee, gun and shield form and literally eat enemies.
It's set in an anime as fuck post-apocalyptic setting with anime as fuck creatures.
Great music too.
yeah that might be like my kind of thing

it's like real super repetitive and grindy tho, right?

STRAFE had some great marketing but the game failed to live up to it.
that's sad to hear, i wasn't planning on playing it since roguelikes aren't really my thing but i really like the look of that game

Steamspy guy did a rundown last year on it, for the first sale without dailies/flashes, and he found that the discounts were slightly lower, but they were also the most profitable for devs/pubs.

So, yeah, whilst the discounts are worse, it's actually better for the industry as a whole.
awesome data, thanks

i feel that stuff is fairly clear, ppl talking about considerable differences are probably not seeing the full picture, which is fine since they're just regular people but u know, mountains out of molehills or whatever

feels like a healthier ecosystem which in the end is the better result for everyone since a healthier ecosystem = more good games

even if we don't save as many pennies as before

Anybody played GalCiv 3 with the Crusade expansion? There's a fairly good deal on if you buy them together.

Loved GalCiv 2, it's probably my favourite 4X, but never jumped into the sequel.

Any thoughts?

Ascheroth

yeah that might be like my kind of thing

it's like real super repetitive and grindy tho, right?
I forgot to mention that there's a super extensive bullet customization system that lets you create all kinds of crazy shit if you figure it out. (I never did beyond the basics, but it's optional : P)

It's not really that grindy actually, drop rates are pretty generous. I found it gets really repetitive if you try to do all the missions, but it's fine if you mostly focus on the story missions and only do the side-missions that look interesting.

Danneee

Somehow managed to buy stuff for the exact amount I had on munch steam account, €21.10!
Besieged, Monkey Island 1+2 SE, Pictopix, Ikaruga and Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser.

Good haul and I'm done!

Ehhhhhh... From all the looking I did this is all I bought.

Serious Sam: Complete Pack
Poker Night at the Inventory
Poker Night 2 (Was free on PS+ and played it to completion or whatever but it ran like crap, only 99 cents on Steam so, eh.
Brutal Legend with Original Soundtrack (Finally to buying it, played the PS3 version years ago and enjoyed it, figured if I ever give it another go I'd do it on PC)
Broforce
Tales From Borderlands (because it was the only thing in the bundle I didn't have and was further discounted from the standalone)
Steam sales have been kind of underwhelming for years and this one has been no exception, more so after seeing the "meh" discounts on my wishlist which admittedly isn't very big. Broke 300 with this so still yay for games I'll probably never get around to playing.

Did stop myself from buying Fallout 4 though. I never got around to finishing three and never even started New Vegas. >_<

Zen Aku

There's literally nothing I want to buy even though my wish list is 200+ games. Prices aren't very compelling.

Is this the end of seasonal sales for me.

There's literally nothing I want to buy even though my wish list is 200+ games. Prices aren't very compelling.

Is this the end of seasonal sales for me.
The lack of really amazing discounts like before and Humble Bundles for me have really lessened my desire to buy stuff during Steam sales.

Tizoc

Any 3D beat 'em ups that are like Urban Reign?

o3hoKsJ.gif
Hmm
I can recommend the platinum/dmc-like games, im afraid
Transformers devastation
Dmc 2013
Dmc 4se
Bayonetta
Mg rising
Marlow briggs

Theyre kind of an evolution of the beatem genre but far as 3d beat'ema like u mentioned nothing comes to mind i'm afraid

Probity

Anyone have any good suggestions for online co-op games? I'm looking for some more titles to play with my girlfriend and she is pretty much up for anything.

I've already got some of the most popular obvious titles, but I'm welcome to any and all suggestions.

whyman

Im looking for an RPG with character creator that is not Skyrim or Fallout?

Any smaller games like that i might have missed?

MilkBeard

Picked up the Dreamfall series bundle, as I wanted to get into it because of the story. Excited to try the series out, but right now I'm still finishing up Metro: Last Light first.

I was thinking about picking up FF V, but the discount isn't good enough; Square Enix's games are overpriced.

Too broke to buy anything at all.
Maybe I'll be in a better situation towards the end of the sale. Gonna try to sell some cards including a foil I still have to see if I can afford anything below 10 euros, trying to decide between Fairy Fencer F and Xanadu Next.

Tizoc

Maybe I'll be in a better situation towards the end of the sale. Gonna try to sell some cards including a foil I still have to see if I can afford anything below 10 euros, trying to decide between Fairy Fencer F and Xanadu Next.
Xanadu next gets my vote!
If u can stomach generic modern anime tropes grab fairy fencer as i heard the gameplay is good at least

Ascheroth

Xanadu Next.

autoduelist

Anyone have any good turn based strategy games they want to recommend that are currently dirt cheap? Tactical combat... maybe dungeons... a little on the mathy side maybe.

I think I have all I needed:

- Blood: Whole unit. One of those that I played as a kid in a toltally pirated version. Then it felt like it was time to settle this.

- Genital Jousting: I may have an occasion to get people to play this next month.

Less than 5&#8364; spent. I have considered fallout 4, The Witcher 3 + expansions... But At that price I have to ask myself if they are worth the investment and I if have the time to play them (I already have a queue of owned games). It's not like when The Witcher 1 and 2 used to cost less than a frappuccino and a croissant. and i was buying them as if they were trading cards.

Overall, I'm not sure if this is are the worst or best steam sale. I'm finally getting back my habit of only buying games when I run out of them, instead of "But it could be super expensive the day I want to play it". Long gone are the days of buying flash sales becase they were dirt cheap... or to get the cards and craft badges.

Fishook

Thanks for the heads up on the Deadalic bundle guys as I have got Deponia Doomsday and Silence both on my Wishlist will purchase it when I get in from work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom