• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
$15 is more than I paid for, like, every PC game I've bought since 2010

Says the drunk guy who says "fuck it, imma buy AC4 cause I've got money to burn."

Seriously, I know JaseC won't give you the same advice, but Transistor is the better game and it's $5 cheaper. Though admittedly, way shorter.

nexen

Says the drunk guy who says "fuck it, imma buy AC4 cause I've got money to burn."

Seriously, I know JaseC won't give you the same advice, but Transistor is the better game and it's $5 cheaper. Though admittedly, way shorter.

but the eye candy.....ugh.

I wanna be a pirate, jshack, why you gotta test me like this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
but the eye candy.....ugh.

I wanna be a pirate, jshack, why you gotta test me like this?

Just tellin' it like it is man, uPlay's a cruel mistress. Although, I saw my daughter play through AC4 on the PS3 and it did look pretty cool.

Also, why aren't we Steam buds?
Or are we and your name is just different?

Mono

Should I splurge on Banished or wait until tomorrow, GAF?

Rogue Legacy probably won't go on sale again. :'(

nexen

Just tellin' it like it is man, uPlay's a cruel mistress. Although, I saw my daughter play through AC4 on the PS3 and it did look pretty cool.

I'm nexen (or nexens) everywheres since like, forever. detectivegaf would have a field day with my ass if they cared.
Add me and i'll accept.

edit: I'm pretty sure my coworkers know exactly who I am and laugh at me behind my back. Yeah, you, Ryan! I see you over there.

edit: edit: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nexens/

Vibranium

Banned

Good man. You ever get that job, please ask Valve to speak with Ubisoft about finding a more beneficial way for customers with their Steam releases, maybe only one-time uPlay registration and then we can run it through Steam. Stuff like uPlay makes me wish Valve had a dedicated PR guy who went around to the big publishers.

I still like some of Ubi's games, and there's so much goodwill to be gained from fixing the uPlay/Steam problem. Hell I'd take never having a sale on their games in exchange for not having that additional client.

jshackles

I'm nexen (or nexens) everywheres since like, forever. detectivegaf would have a field day with my ass if they cared.
Add me and i'll accept.

edit: I'm pretty sure my coworkers know exactly who I am and laugh at me behind my back. Yeah, you, Ryan! I see you over there.

Awesome, added you. And your secrets are safe with me.

Some Bundle Stars, some assorted stuff, some of my pack remainders...all up for grabs!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-E5DA7E11BBCE0650 - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-BC9255A62C96364B - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-1BA9780131BC481F - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.
Shadowgrounds Pack -- MB-824172E5011261A1 - Taken by GaussTek. 7 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-E2D6F07CBB150D7A - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-4F2BAC49A634E544
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-A10FA3174C2D25CB - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun. 5 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-E1E9E08C607BC007 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 1 entrants total.
Blackwell Bundle -- MB-23ED983B920BA770 - Taken by Absoludacrous. 5 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-3EC1943D2F8624D2 - Taken by Ampersands. 3 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-5F36463CADCBE7D8 - Taken by Colby. 2 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-0EF63EC9EE9C0AFC - Taken by MBison. 3 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-38D3160007F1643D - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 5 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-B6030AC969C2B0EA - Taken by Helmholtz. 6 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-ADBB884B99BA6C45 - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.

t1403932735z1.png

Ozium

I bought Skullgirls and Squiggly (and of course Big Band since he's free right now) but was dismayed to find out that my Fightstick doesn't work.. I looked around online and it says that they won't work with AMD chipsets, but my chipset is Intel (i5) and it doesn't even register.

Anyone know of a way to get my fightstick working? It's the Madcatz Super Street Fighter IV TE S, for ps3 (so it has USB)

barring that, how does it play with a gamepad? I usually prefer an arcade stick for 6 button layout fighting games...

reposting for new page.

Anustart

Played a bit of Sleeping Dogs just now. Gotta say, I like the setting, and I like the optimization (or so it seems). I'm gpu-less for another week or two, so running it on my i5-3570k and it still looks great.

Athleon

I bought Skullgirls and Squiggly (and of course Big Band since he's free right now) but was dismayed to find out that my Fightstick doesn't work.. I looked around online and it says that they won't work with AMD chipsets, but my chipset is Intel (i5) and it doesn't even register.

Anyone know of a way to get my fightstick working? It's the Madcatz Super Street Fighter IV TE S, for ps3 (so it has USB)

barring that, how does it play with a gamepad? I usually prefer an arcade stick for 6 button layout fighting games...

You could try playing with keyboard, hitbox style. Although I'm a total noob at fighting games, I found it way easier than using a controller.

Reposting
this is the reason those giveaways remain btw:
There have been a ton of giveaways in the last week. You could try posting about them in the giveaway thread, or just wait and repost them in a couple days? I dunno.
So, I know some of you got Long Live The Queen a bit ago. I downloaded it, and switched the video settings to OpenGL. Now every time I open it, it opens the main menu, and then the screen goes black after the menu choices pop up. Any suggestions?
A dev on the forum for the game says to hold shift down while booting the game and then switch back away from the OpenGL renderer.

McBryBry

So, I know some of you got Long Live The Queen a bit ago. I downloaded it, and switched the video settings to OpenGL. Now every time I open it, it opens the main menu, and then the screen goes black after the menu choices pop up. Any suggestions?

dot

You could try playing with keyboard, hitbox style. Although I'm a total noob at fighting games, I found it way easier than using a controller.

Wow, someone else that uses a keyboard like me!

I kinda agree, the keyboard is viable in real matches, believe it or not. Just watch my webm. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is Amnesia pigs worth it? I heard it was short and I haven't yet played the first one.

It's okay. The story isn't quite as good and it's shorter. The first one is better in every way, in my opinion.

I'd recommend at least trying the first one to see if you like it before buying a machine for pigs.

Eusis

Keep waiting until next sale.
Tomorrow, tomorrow will be the day!

... Then it won't come, and this will be the worst Steam sale ever. Then again most of those that do have recent games tend to only put them at something like 33% off, and this is 33% off the whole way through.

graywolf323

I'd say that's true with the one exception being Transistor. Even though the discount isn't that high, it's the best game I've played so far this year and very much deserving of your $15 american dollars
(or whatever currency you happen to pay in)

really great game, I got it on PS4 at launch for $20 and would seriously double dip at $15 if there was a mac version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom