• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first game's freeware somewhere on Rockstar's website, not certain about II's whereabouts.

same place
Unfortunately, this isn't the case anymore.
t6Wt7Xg.png

Sera O

Banned
So I'm full of birthday martinis and I'm itching to blow cash on bad ideas, but the steam sale is less than convincing even in my vulnerable state. I have nothing against animation/modeling or audio production, but it's not really game excitement. It's nice that steam isn't just games, and I appreciate that people who need that software could probably really use a sale on it, but putting those in the community vote for a bunch of gamers is a weird choice.

I acknowledge that I already have a lot of what I'm interested in. Maybe this is just being jaded. However, I think we're going to go a whole sale without Ys games being showcased, and that's sort of sad.

Turfster

I acknowledge that I already have a lot of what I'm interested in. Maybe this is just being jaded. However, I think we're going to go a whole sale without Ys games being showcased, and that's sort of sad.

There's still a chance.

Also, happy birthday!

Raysoul

Just a question guys.

Is it really ok for me to just sell my Steam badges if I don't really care for achievements or similar, or do I need to collect them because it might be valuable someday?

Turfster

Just a question guys.

Is it really ok for me to just sell my Steam badges if I don't really care for achievements or similar, or do I need to collect them because it might be valuable someday?

The only real "bonus" you get from badges is more people in your friends list and new things to show off on your profile. There's also the "slightly higher chance of getting booster drops the higher level you are", but I'm level 33 and I get maybe one every 2 weeks, so it's not really THAT worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just a question guys.

You can't sell badges; they're not items, just automatic profile decorations.

Sera O

Banned
There's still a chance.

Also, happy birthday!

I really hope so. Oath in Felghana is one of my favourite games; I really hope it gets more exposure on that front page. And I'll pick Ys Origin up anyway but again, it would be nice for one or the other to get a flash/daily just for the sake of visibility.

And thanks! Bday was yesterday, but sometimes the martinis must be delayed for the sake of work-competence and not showing up smelling like a prohibition bathtub :)

Mothman91

RE4 was a big deal yesterday at 40% off. No way it goes past that huh? Heard it's one of the better games of the franchise, and I'm thinking of getting on that deal. What you guys think?

RE4 was a big deal yesterday at 40% off. No way it goes past that huh? Heard it's one of the better games of the franchise, and I'm thinking of getting on that deal. What you guys think?
The HD edition came out quite recently, so this is a good discount relative to the game's age, not so much to the limited upgrade itself (though I still need to play this game).

Mothman91

Yeah, I just got it guys. Thanks for the replies.

Also got $10 left, wondering what I should spend it on. Nothing too hard on my mac, on bootcamp and this mac is a few years old.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized I missed the Cyan Complete Pack sale by three days.

Any chance it'll go back on before this is all over, or should I just wait till November?

Coppanuva

Thanks for the ss2 NewVegasDog! Been wanting to try this game out. Went to bed after entering last night or I would have put this here then.

Sunday I want to go through my keys and give a few out myself, so look forward to that!

Not allowing users to purchase DLC for games they don't own seems rather archaic, but thanks Valve! I love having to buy old games just to access their DLC for new games.

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks for the ss2 NewVegasDog! Been wanting to try this game out. Went to bed after entering last night or I would have put this here then.

Sunday I want to go through my keys and give a few out myself, so look forward to that!

What's SS2? Sexy Singles 2?

fo'real though.

Mokoi

Banned
It's about damm time, but I finally found out how to get my steam key for Astebreed. Also yall need to pick it up before the sale ends.

It's a US only TEXT-based giveaway.
Trying to use it on Steam will probably get your account trade-locked.

http://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/28gih2/quick_and_easy_6_money_maker/
If you're in the US. From my experience, it's about a 25-50% chance of winning $6 each day

Are you currently in America? If so go and follow the instructions. http://midwestcouponclippers.net/mms-giveaway-500000-free-6-mastercards/

Yep totally missed this. Thanks for the info guys.

Darryl

Banned
PayPal is your friend
Try using Paypal as a "middle man".

didn't even think up this one. thanks!

Just woke-up, saw some SOFTWARES on sale, no Teslagrad :(

i bought teslagrad after i found out it missed the sale. i didn't get far, maybe 20 minutes. from what i played, i didn't like it at all. just felt like a cheap platformer. maybe it gets better after that. i'm pretty picky with my platformers so i didn't give it much of a chance

Speevy

Banned
It's better than Dear Esther IMO, if that helps you decide.
(No, I'm not a big fan of Dear Esther)
(Yes, I did love Gone Home)

(Also, maybe someone still has a leftover key from HIB 8 for it)

Oh, it was in the indie bundle?

Yeah, if someone has one, that would make my night. If not, that's cool too.

Try using Paypal as a "middle man".
I've considered using the steps in the Reddit post linked on this page to add them to my PayPal balance in order to pay for stuff on Steam that way, but I'm worried that the number of small, $6 transactions I'd be doing would raise red flags for PayPal. I know those guys are super touchy about stuff. Should I be worried there?

I have like... five of these PDFs waiting to be used somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom