• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is there anything to miss inside memory monument ? I picked something up without exploring first and they cutscened me out of there

g8Vb0pK.jpg

Ferdimage

Great OT!
Played the demo and love it, didn't vibe with the Eng and Kor VA though.
Off to Japan in the next 2 weeks, hoping to buy the Jp version for the VA, does it have an Eng text option?

The music in Xion is 💯💯💯 and Enya is *chef's kiss*. Got a whole day of work ahead of me, can't wait to get back to it. I said months ago Stellar Blade would be this generation's DMC/Bayonetta and based on everything I played thus far it looks like I was right 👌

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Those who are further in, what did the game actually end up being? Souls like or more of a DMC/Ninja Gaiden game?

TexMex

I’m a couple bosses down but this game is fucking sick.

I hear there’s a clear point of no return for collectible cleanup (for trophies) - can anyone confirm?

Man I got the perfect parry and dodging down but I cant seem to nail those counters where you hold triangle or square afterwards. I just dont get the timing :messenger_persevering:
Did you use the training mode on the skills screen? It helps.

Yeah I'm using HGIG. Just the colours don't pop as much as I'd like from a HDR image. It's probably the grading they chose to go with. Just looks a little flat.

I’m on a A90J and bumped the contrast from 50 to 60 to get more pop out of the image. You should try going into the HDR game settings.

I'm wondering if this game even uses proper HDR. On my Sony a95k enabling HDR, it just... gets brighter? Explosions and such actually looked more HDR with the setting disabled. I've never seen a more tame HDR game.

Just start over. It’s what I did. Takes you 1 hour to be at the same point and you’ll relearn the mechanics.
I initially loaded my demo save, but it plops you right before the boss. Yeah, after it being a month since I played the demo, I was never going to win that fight. I just started over.

Game is actually good fun graphics a little better but the soft presentation is a bit annoying.
Are you using performance mode? I tried it and the resolution must be super low. Balanced mode looks fine.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Taking a break for now. About 6 hours in and just reached the Wasteland area.

Game keeps on getting better and better. Currently have about 5 suits and there's 3 more I can buy.

Garibaldi

Yeah Eve is a little more stoic I find in the Korean version less surprised by everything. Adam a little more jovial too.
I don't mind Eve in the English VA but Christ on a bike Adam is flat as fuck. I'm switching to native Korean tomorrow if it's a load better.

Just in the zone after the Zion visit. Liking it so far. It could maybe do with being a little harder as if you explore you rack up the skill points to the point even the boss style fights are pretty easy. I'm basically playing it like a slightly more mobile Sekiro.

Being aggressive to the bosses and giving them no room to smash you seems to be a decent strategy. Gigas was a cake walk, his second appearance slightly less so. Abbadon on top of the parking lot also went down a little too easily if you just rush him and parry everything.

Synastry

Just got to the wasteland and after restoring power to the tower on to the bunny outfit I went next where I got my ass beat by that boss but only once I got him on the second try.

Yeah its sucks to have the bunny suit censored by there's still alot to see from behind:messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:
My GF Rental of Stellar Blade shipped yesterday.

Now the 4 day wait sadly.

I miss when GF had an Austin, TX location. I would get games 2 days max.

Can't wait.

Don't forget to use the scan ability (click the touchpad). It's really good to spot things you might have missed, along with main game stuff as well.

Also, turn the film grain and chromatic aberration off in the display options if that's your thing. I love the clean look without the filter.

There is something about this game that puts me in a Dreamcast kinda space. Perhaps it's the music coupled with the aesthetic, the general design, etc. Whatever it is, it feels great. The Dreamcast was such a "mood" console. It wasn't just a place to play games, but it had a real feel to it and everything that was on it. Perhaps it's just nostalgia getting to me, but Stellar Blade is taking me back to that place, with all of the conveniences of modern design and tech.

SkylineRKR

The game is incredibly good. The combat is near perfect. You can absolutely destroy enemies if you have Beta energy, and parry them. Those parry reprisals are very powerful. And I like how each button focuses on something, like Triangle beta does AoE, X destroys shields. Once you get the hang of holding attack after a perfect dodge, and use the triangle gap closer the combat does become much better.

But the game is not perfect. I have issues with the platforming, and the checkpoint system. Also selecting dialogue and skipping through it etc feels off and laggy. Lack of minimap is also a bit weird.

The amount of fucking whining from Grummz, and others on twitter about censorship really makes them out to be ambulance chasing grifters that scream about the slightest thing. Just absolutely killed any discussion around the game online, and as much as I don't like the lefties, they do have a point of, them acting like a bunch of man children.

The amount of fucking whining from Grummz, and others on twitter about censorship really makes them out to be ambulance chasing grifters that scream about the slightest thing. Just absolutely killed any discussion around the game online, and as much as I don't like the lefties, they do have a point of, them acting like a bunch of man children.
They go too far, as everybody does with everything. Audience capture always does this.

The music in this game is great so far. Not something I thought I'd be saying but it's amazing and I hope it gets a lot of recognition.
Yea I'm loving the music. There were a couple odd sections, can't remember exactly where but there was some funky Jazz sounding music very reminiscent of Gran Turismo menu music which didn't really fit but for the vast majority it's very well done.

TBH im a bit underwhelmed by the graphics....

I got Nier Automata running with high res textures and shaders and it looks more crisp to me.
Im seeing looks of pixels/ jaggies/ mixture of low and high res in these screenshots.

But the art design is epic though!! Guess in motion it looks way better. :)

Luipadre

Looks like i already missed an outfit in the construction area despite cleaning up everything, atleast i thought. Can i go back from the city?

Top Bottom