• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Review Thread

How many copies do you think Stellar Blade will sell?

• 1 million copies (tits and ass don't sell)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 2 Million copies

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • 4 Million copies

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • 6 Million Copies

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • 8 million Copies

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 10 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Resident Evil)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • 15 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Elden Ring)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20 million Copies (Stellar Blade is a system seller)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 3 Million Copies

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draugoth

Gold Member
hUEo37Q.gif

6hA2jzy.jpeg

dG6S4z6.jpeg

Stellar Blade Digital Deluxe Edition

If you're cool with digital and you want some digital extras, you can pick up the digital deluxe edition of Stellar Blade for $79.99 on the PS Store. You'll get the game itself, plus the following digital items:

• Stargazer Suit for Eve
  • Stargazer Wear for Adam
  • Stargazer Coat for Lily
  • Half-Rim Glasses for Eve
  • Quadruple Rectangle Earrings for Eve
  • Stargazer Pack for the Drone
  • 2,000 SP EXP
  • 5,000 Gold in-game currenc

Stellar Blade Preorder Bonuses

For those who preorder Stellar Blade, you'll be happy to know that some bonuses come with it as well. Alongside the game, you'll get an early unlock of the following digital cosmetics:
  • Planet Diving Suit for Eve
  • Classic Round Glasses for Eve
  • Ear Armor Earrings for Eve
W4V6ChO.jpeg

cIPcf4i.jpeg

uUC8zjL.jpeg

FfZ7seb.jpeg

Atarita - Eren Eroğlu - Turkish - 92 / 100

Stellar Blade has a unique way of always surprising you. Including uncovering the secrets of its well-crafted universe one by one. It offers an unforgettable adventure with deep gameplay that constantly evolves.

But Why Tho? - Matt Sowinski - 8.5 / 10

Stellar Blade is a fantastic addition to the PlayStation-exclusive library. The combat is slick and fun, the story deep and interesting, and the set pieces all bigger than the last. It's obvious why Sony scooped this one up, fitting into its story-rich third-party pedigree of titles.

ComicBook.com - Tanner Dedmon - 4 / 5

Beneath the fanservice and comparisons to NieR Automata and the Bayonetta games, Stellar Blade boasts some surprisingly involved combat systems and fantastic creature designs all in a relatively compact experience.

Console Creatures - Luke Williams - Recommended

With Stellar Blade, Shift Up shifts gears into overdrive to create an excellent debut console experience. However, the entry fee comes at being able to get over the surface level characterization.

Destructoid - Steven Mills - 8 / 10

Overall, Stellar Blade is a journey worth experiencing. I feel like with some improvements in certain areas, Stellar Blade could be a legendary landmark experience like those it clearly draws inspiration from. But even in its current form, Stellar Blade offers a fast-paced action combat system in a unique world with a rewarding narrative. It's not quite stellar, but it's certainly solid. Solid Blade.

Dexerto - James Busby - 4 / 5

Stellar Blade has landed a critical hit, successfully slicing through the crowd of well-established action-adventure game giants. If you’re a fan of sleek and stylish combat, with sprinklings of Soulsborne and Nier Automata vibes, you’ll feel right at home when playing Shift Up’s triumphant console debut.

Digitec Magazine - Domagoj Belancic - German - 4 / 5

Stellar Blade is a brilliant PS5 exclusive with tons of over-the-top action. It mixes numerous elements from other games and genres to create a unique work of art. The aesthetics of the sci-fi world and the oversexualized protagonist are contrasted with ultra-ugly and superbly designed enemies. The dreamlike soundtrack perfectly underlines the melancholy atmosphere of the desolate sci-fi world. Graphically, the game looks excellent with a few exceptions and is one of the prettier games on the PS5.
The combat system is fast, fluid and intuitive. Aside from the spectacularly orchestrated battles, there is plenty to discover with excursions into other genres. The frustrating platformer passages, the moderately exciting side quests and the largely empty open game areas tarnish the otherwise fantastic overall impression a little.

Echo Boomer - David Fialho - Portuguese - No Recommendation

Stellar Blade is a game full of ambition and confidence, but it's too attached to its main inspirations, making it a somewhat unoriginal piece of entertainment.

Enternity.gr - Giannis Archontidis - Greek - 9 / 10

Stellar Blade offers excellent gameplay, an engaging protagonist, plenty of bloody action, an immersive battle system, and an interesting story.

Evilgamerz - Daan Nijboer - Dutch - 8 / 10

With Stellar Blade, Shift Up joins a solid list of exclusives from the Playstation 5, and does so properly. Their first console game manages to impress with challenging battles, where the boss fights in particular steal the show, and a fantastic world. And although the side missions lack quite a bit of creativity, the main mission manages to keep your attention enough. Stellar Blade has everything it takes to become a hit, but should not be mentioned in the same breath as the biggest Playstation exclusives. The South Korean developer has already hinted at a sequel and once they manage to address the weak points there, it will not be long until Stellar Blade will become one of the most important games for Playstation.

GAMES.CH - Olaf Bleich - German - 85%

Quote not yet available

GGRecon - Jack Roberts - 4 / 5

Stellar Blade is an exceptionally well-crafted game that has learned from its influences and honed their teachings to a highly polished standard that can only be commended.

Gameffine - Subhasish Das - 90 / 100

Stellar Blade is not just a great hack-and-slash game, it's a culmination of a great fashion designer's wardrobe and a 'souls-like' veteran's wildest fantasies. Thanks to its satisfying combat, varied enemy designs, and stellar presentation, it really lives up to its name despite some occasional hiccups involving lackluster platforming and repetitive side requests.

Gamepressure - Sebastian Kasparek - 9 / 10

Stellar Blade is an above-average title. Well-developed, with a captivating story from the first moment, and most importantly engaging due to thoroughly well-planned and competently executed gameplay. The South Korean studio Shift Up performed exceptionally well, and despite my initial skepticism, I ultimately saw it as one of the top games of 2024.

GamingBolt - Shubhankar Parijat - 8 / 10

Fluid and adrenaline-fueled combat, a compelling setting, and a stylish aesthetic make Stellar Blade an action game well worth experiencing.

Glitched Africa - Marco Cocomello - 8.5 / 10

From its incredible soundtrack to its brilliant world design and combat, Stellar Blade’s debut is a much-needed injection of fun across the PlayStation-exclusive library and likely the most refreshing new game on the platform to date.

INVEN - Suhho Yoon - Korean - 9 / 10

A beautiful, yet deadly action game that combines fast-paced action with the tension of a Souls-like experience. the game also caters to various gaming tastes with beginner-friendly features and puzzles. While the lack of story buildup and the short length are disappointing, and the details of close-range to long-range combat swaps can be cumbersome, overall it's an impressive piece.

Nexus Hub - Sam Aberdeen - 8 / 10

Stellar Blade absolutely delivers on its stylish, demanding action, impressive visuals and memorable music, even if the story execution and writing stumbles at times.

One More Game - Chris Garcia - 8.5 / 10

Stellar Blade is an extremely impressive debut from Shift Up, serving up a combination of dynamic combat with visuals and animations that pay extreme attention to detail. Eve's adventure is dressed up with the wrappings of a masterful soundtrack that resonates long after the game is finished, and there's enough content to warrant a more thorough playthrough the second time around.
Stellar Blade's story is sadly predictable, and characters like Eve prove hard to form an emotional connection with due to their relatively flat personalities, but the world and lore are intriguing enough to create more properties should the developers choose to do so. It doesn't offer much in terms of groundbreaking innovation, but Stellar Blade is a competent and confident effort that will offer a good time worthy of your attention.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 90 / 100

Quote not yet available

PowerUp! - Adam Mathew - 8 / 10

Stellar Blade is a provocative sword guard thumb-pop that ought to make every fan of the genre snap to attention.

TechRaptor - Austin Suther - 9 / 10

Stellar Blade stands toe-to-toe with some of the best games of the character action genre. This package offers a satisfying combat system with plenty of progression, beautiful visuals, and one of the best soundtracks in years.

The Beta Network - Samuel Incze - 7 / 10

Stellar Blade is a fun hack-and-slash that leaves a little to be desired. The story is decent, the combat is challenging, but traversal and some mechanics bring the experience down. There is a lot to enjoy here, and despite its flaws, it should keep you entertained for a while.

TheSixthAxis - Gareth Chadwick - 7 / 10

Stellar Blade is a pretty enjoyable game to swing your hairband sword at, so long as you don't mind the obvious sexualisation. There's a few rough areas, but nothing to spoil things overall and there's plenty of interesting story to uncover as you fight your way through giant monsters with circular saws for heads and weird tentacles for legs.

Too Much Gaming - Carlos Hernandez - 3 / 5

Stellar Blade’s potential was clear, but as its ambitions expanded into something greater, it lost focus. As soon as Stellar Blade tries to bring everything together, it merges into a single figure that looks deformed and uneven. The quality is unquestionable but it wasn’t the final product I was slowly building in my head as I went through the game’s first half.

VGC - Tom Regan - 4 / 5

For those who wished that God of War Ragnarok offered a bit more challenge or that Bayonetta had a bit more weight to its combat, this slick sci-fi slasher is the perfect tonic, offering both the perfect entry point into the Souls-like genre and a refreshing refinement of the well-worn character action formula. It may lack the naval gazing intelligence of the excellent Nier Automata, but when you’re having this much fun, it’s hard to care.

10YCoJQ.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't vote on that one, but I hope it does really well.

From everything I have seen of it, It goes in the same creative direction that Dead or Alive does, which is awesome.
Meaning, beyond all the nice fan service, there's a great game there. It's not the only value the game has.

You guys really are boring though. Just the same played out, repeated to death "Horny = funny" humor...
I will make sure to stay far away from the Fandom, if I myself become a fan of the game.

Last edited:
Lifetime? Hard to say. First 2 weeks? Around 2 million units like I voted in the prediction thread which would be a great number for a new IP that launches on a single console.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hope it does well and sells a lot! We need more singleplayer games, more action games, and more games with attractive characters.

Some of these poll options are... just bizarre. Resident Evil or Elden Ring-level sales? A system seller? It'll move a couple million units, sure, but anything beyond that is just highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Leave it to Wired to get some morbidly obese trans woman with mystery genitalia to be their sex toy reviewer.

I canceled my subscription a couple years ago after they had this big 2 page article about the ethics of making yellow the default skin color for emojis.

What a world to live in.

MikeM

Hope it does well. Im probably going to wait for Pc as my backlog is wild (just bought Spiderman on PC and HFW).

If the game scores an 86, you're crazy if you think it'll "ONLY" sell 3 million copies LOL!
It's kind of a niche genre. A game like Dragon's Dogma 2 reviewed similary and sold 2.5mil through 10 days. But DD2 is available on all platforms, not only PS5, like Stellar Blade is. And I would say DD2 caters to more gamers(open world midevial fantasy)

Another example is DMC5. That has sold 6mil on PS5, PC, Xbox, and it reviewed mid 80's. Stellar Blade selling 3mil would be a success. I doubt it cost more than 80-100mil to develop

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's kind of a niche genre. A game like Dragon's Dogma 2 reviewed similary and sold 2.5mil through 10 days. But DD2 is available on all platforms, not only PS5, like Stellar Blade is. And I would say DD2 caters to more gamers(open world midevial fantasy)

Another example is DMC5. That has sold 6mil on PS5, PC, Xbox, and it reviewed mid 80's. Stellar Blade selling 3mil would be a success. I doubt it cost more than 80-100mil to develop

It 100% would be a success at 3 million sold. You're right. But this game is tracking crazy high right now. An 86 would prove this game is more than just the booty. 5 million is the floor "IF" it hits an 85 or higher.

Aenima

Damn one of my friend got the game already. He preordered it yesterday and they shipped it today lol

40FB5564A3C0219233737CDCA81D8A4AAA2C9409
From what store?

I guess because 25th April everething stops in Portugal, some stores are shippig it earlier. The store i pre-ordered mine still didnt dispached it.

King Dazzar

I voted 10m, but it would appear I knows a nothin'. Its not my thing personally, so I wont be buying it. But think its great for those whose bag it is and reckon it will be very popular...

Edit: also hats off to Draugoth Draugoth You've made a cracking OP.
Film Festival Greetings GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

Last edited:
It 100% would be a success at 3 million sold. You're right. But this game is tracking crazy high right now. An 86 would prove this game is more than just the booty. 5 million is the floor "IF" it hits an 85 or higher.
By what metric is the game tracking high? Of course it is going to lead in Playstation pre-orders, there is literally nothing else coming out this month. If you read the internet discourse about the main character, you would think the game will sell like crazy because of it. In reality, whatever side you are on, it is a very small percentage of gamers who actually care one way or the other. It is just a loud vocal minority making it sound way bigger than it actually is

Last edited:

Aenima

By what metric is the game tracking high? Of course it is going to lead in Playstation pre-orders, there is literally nothing else coming out this month. If you read the internet discourse about the main character, you would think the game will sell like crazy because of it. In reality, whatever side you are on, it is a very small percentage of gamers who actually care one way or the other. It is just a loud vocal minority making it sound way bigger than it actually is
When Stellar Blade that is a new IP from a "new" studio, had twice the players playing the demo compared to FF7 Rebirth demo, that is a massive IP from a very well known studio, i dont think the percentage of players interested in Stellar Blade is as small as you think it is.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Also by the number of people that played the demo.

According to statistics gathered by Ampere Analysis, the Stellar Blade demo has reached a peak of around 690,000 daily active users on PS5. For comparison, the Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth demo accrued around 380,000 daily players, which is a bit more than half that of the demo for Shift Up's upcoming game. The analysis from Ampere also indicates that Rebirth received a peak player count of 2.21 million players at launch, which was a 251% increase in daily active users (DAUs) compared to the game's demo. Assuming Stellar Blade has a similar boost in player counts at launch, it could potentially receive a peak of 4.01 million DAUs at release, though this prediction is a bit iffy since new IPs are harder to determine the success of.

Last edited:
Also by the number of people that played the demo.

To be fair, I'm guessing a lot of gamers didn't bother playing Rebirth demo because they knew whether they were going to buy it or not based on the first game. I never played the demo for that reason. Stellar Blade demo I did play because it is a completely new IP from a studio I have no knowledge of

The demo had a daily active user count at 690k once. That is a lot for a new IP, but Playstation users arent starved for content. Rise of the Ronnin just released, Helldivers is still a thing, 3 new Xbox games releasing soon, Dragons Dogma 2 just came out and the Fallout 4 next gen upgrade is coming. Not to mention the PSVR2 games releases. There are option for Ps5 owners besides waiting for Stellar Blade. If it had a PC release, it would probably be topping the steam charts as well.

Top Bottom