• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Review Thread

How many copies do you think Stellar Blade will sell?

• 1 million copies (tits and ass don't sell)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 2 Million copies

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • 4 Million copies

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • 6 Million Copies

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • 8 million Copies

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 10 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Resident Evil)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • 15 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Elden Ring)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20 million Copies (Stellar Blade is a system seller)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 3 Million Copies

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lupin25

6-8 mil.

Sony’s marketing is top-tier and they continuously capture these “lightning in a bottle” type moments.

They really are shifting the narrative right now by propping up great games, regardless of their nature (AA, tits&ass, “shitty GaaS”, etc.)

Cyberpunkd

stellar-blade-hub-character-desktop-tachy-en-12jan24
single ladies smile GIF

Moonjt9

Can’t wait for meltdowns no matter which way the reviews go. But the game looks good and I’ll be happy to support a Korean studio. Likely I’ll grab a physical Korean copy!

Filben

I wonder if Wired will get their sex toy reviewer to review this one like they did with Hogwarts Legacy

NQb9XJ4.jpeg
wWwgiBk.png
I hate these kind of openings in articles. I also dislike how they cultural appropriated 'Yikes' from my guy Guybrush Threepwood.

As far as the topics goes, I voted for 4 million. It's a new IP, PS5 only but will probably sell well for what audience it targets and what genre it belongs to.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Man, that was tough to vote and type this message with one hand.
My deep gullet can aile that issue for you 🙊

I think 3m is realistic, games aren't selling too hotly at the moment, especially with the crazy release schedule we've had. I'm still playing FF Rebirth.

kaizenkko

Sony is pushing the marketing for this game really really hard, it's like a first-party level of marketing. I'm sure that the internal review for this games was 90+.

swaffles23

I have no idea what to expect with reviews. I thought Hogwarts Legacy would get hammered, but other than a few reviews its still is sitting in the mid 80s on metacritic.

Madflavor

Final prediction is 76 - 79, it won’t break into the 80s. Too many things working against the game. I also think that unless scores are really bad, reviews aren’t going to affect sales.

User reviews and scores will definitely be higher.

KaiserBecks

Not my type of game but I hope it does well. I’m not familiar with the Korean gaming scene but it would be nice if Stellar Blade inspired other local studios to go AAA.

SJRB

Gold Member
If anything this will be a great litmus test to separate the soy activists from the actual reviewers.

Someone should aggerate all reviewers that dunk on this game because of "sexualization" so we know who to block.

Was going to get this day 1, but after spending a grand on medical testing this week (with insurance, grrr..) going to have to pass, as Manor lords has been on my to buy list longer than this.
Will get eventually though.
Have fun everyone!

As for prediction, i predict 2mil , new ip and many won't know about it or are kids/teens into gaas instead of good single player games. Hopefully enough to make a small profit and then more sales after initial week/month.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Obviously I am just judging by the demo and some of the songs available there and there and nothing sounded like K-pop.
That's true, but then you have that bizarre dance video out there as well. Not sure what that's about. Possibly some end credits thing, or who even knows.

Top Bottom