• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Review Thread

How many copies do you think Stellar Blade will sell?

• 1 million copies (tits and ass don't sell)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 2 Million copies

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • 4 Million copies

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • 6 Million Copies

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • 8 million Copies

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 10 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Resident Evil)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • 15 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Elden Ring)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20 million Copies (Stellar Blade is a system seller)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 3 Million Copies

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The music in this game is very soothing. Idk if it’s the female vocals or what. Reminds me of the vocal tracks from DMC, but much more feminine.

Dr.Morris79

Was this in regards to Stellar Blade? I haven't found this post on Era yet.
Oh there's been some winners there :messenger_tears_of_joy:
l3aVwsW.jpeg

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Won’t the OT over at the cesspit not be made because ‘reasons’ or are they going to allow one?

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
I have to admit that as I was about to press the purchase button on PSN, I decided to buy it on Amazon instead to "own the libs". I'll make an uncensored play through the first time. Hard R's and unedited suits and all, then I'll patch it at some point. I should NOT enjoy the pain and tantrums certain people on the purple forum and social media are having over this game. These same people rejoiced over a game that let a fucking bear nut up inside their character. I loved Baldur's Gate, but god damn.
Anyway, It will be nice having an uncensored copy of the game because I know Sony won't stop there.

Wait, so when popping a physical copy in, it won’t auto-update? I haven’t bought a physical copy of anything in ages out of pure laziness.

If I can avoid the uncensored stuff, all the better.

Moonjt9

IMG-4010.jpg
I’ve been playing all day since it’s the 26th in Korea and the game is out. It’s SO GOOD.
Been playing with Korean voice. The action is great and the combat has such a good flow to it with the perfect parries and dodges and counter attacks. I’m digging the exploration and level design too.

I am so happy for the devs, and hope this along with Lies of P is the start of a good future for Korean game development.

Last edited:

Pejo

Guys, I'm over the fucking moon right now. I have been having problems with my PS5 for a few years, and basically I just shut it off and ignored it in my entertainment center because I thought it was fucked and would be a costly/long repair. Fast forward to tonight and I googled the issue again (haven't checked in a long time) and got some new hits. Turns out it's a problem specifically with the PS5 and the LG CX series OLED tvs. As weird as it sounds, I found this solution, tried it, and it fucking worked.

LG OLED PS5 fix

I tested it out and played from the very start of the game through Tower Knight in Demon's Souls remake and no more glitches/power shutoffs/infinite reboot cycles on my TV.

Anyways, I pre-ordered Stellar Blade months ago just because I appreciated what it was doing, but I didn't expect to be able to actually play it until the PC version releases, but I just got notification that the game will be delivered by 10PM today and now my PS5 is working. I'm fucking IN.

TL;DR Eve's buttcheeks in Ultra HD Deep Color.

fersnake

IMG-4010.jpg
I’ve been playing all day since it’s the 26th in Korea and the game is out. It’s SO GOOD.
Been playing with Korean voice. The action is great and the combat has such a good flow to it with the perfect parries and dodges and counter attacks. I’m digging the exploration and level design too.

I am so happy for the devs, and hope this along with Lies of P is the start of a good future for Korean game development.
the only way to play this game! (well maybe jp voice if available but because i recently been watching kdramas so im excited to play this in korean voice. just hope this game succeed so they keep making AAA games for ps5 or pc.

im about to buy this game just to support them cuz i sold my ps5 months ago and waiting for the pro.

Reactions: Isa
I knew I should have take the day off smh

what do you guys recommend for the graphics option? I am going with Balanced but what about Grain and Chromatic aberration?
I'll be playing on balance mode as well, with the film grain slider set to around 1/3 and CA off since I hated it in every game I've played so far (thanks dying light for making me a hater lol).

[Sigma]

Looks like Best Buy is going to let me down for the first time. Package is scheduled to arrive Monday.:pie_disappointed: So it's going to be Helldivers 2 again all weekend. May play Dave the Diver or try Kenzera too.

Reaseru

Started playing this since midnight launch.

Tried the korean vo first and then english vo. Changed back to korean because their vo seems to be more suited to the characters.

And that gore...oof.
I don't play a hack'n'slash since Bayo 3. Loving the game so far.

Last edited:
I think it's very accurate

Music to my ears and my impression from the demo.

I still have no idea how videogames got to a point of fun and excitement being perceived as a negative. Profound or meaningful like what? Sad Dad Sims with writing so corny that it wouldn't fly in an 80s soap?

Good. Give me more non-indie games that prioritize a good time and fun.

Filben

DHL is supposed to arrive in 2 hours. Unfortunately I can't play it today but I blocked everything else for tomorrow. Can't wait to sink in several hours in one session.

Nice scores, wife said she'd pick it up for me while she's in town this afternoon. I'll try and prioritise playing this one as it's a reasonable length (15-20 hours). Also want to support developers that stick to their vision and make the games they want, regardless of the shit that gets thrown their way.

Mephisto40

From the people that have played it, is the parry and dodge essential to get locked down to progress in the game?

I really don't get on with parry mechanics, but I loved Bayonetta, so I'm wondering if I'll enjoy this or get hugely frustrated by the boss fights

xrnzaaas

From the people that have played it, is the parry and dodge essential to get locked down to progress in the game?

I really don't get on with parry mechanics, but I loved Bayonetta, so I'm wondering if I'll enjoy this or get hugely frustrated by the boss fights
Parry is important, but there are ways of making it easier through skills and equipment (meaning you'll have a larger window to do a successful parry).

It's not like with Sekiro where the game didn't let you pass until you've mastered a certain skill level in doing parries and you had to "git gud".

Last edited:

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Didn't notice the game is available to play lol. Let's go!
Being something of an idiot I didn’t realise it unlocked at midnight in the uk. I was about to head to bed last night and I realised there was only 20 mins to go. So of course I stayed up :) spent a while refamiliarising myself with the controls. Today I’m playing through. Man, it’s a really, really nice game. Combat flows smoothly, nice exploration and some neat puzzles. This is how you create a new IP.

Top Bottom